The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

Tonight I have decided to light some candles-

Pi Vanilla

YC Sugared Plums

Sweet Libert Cranberry Chutney

Thanks stardustgirl fpr turning me on to these candles. Can't wait to order more. The only problem is mine seems to have tunneled. I tried hugging it the first few burns but I guess I did it wrong. Can anybody explain how to "hug" a pillar candle? I love these candles and have some more to burn. I want to do it right next time.

HoT's Gingerbread Noel has been on since this time last night and still going strong...I've never had tarts from her before, only bath & body, but I'm going to have to start ordering them now. This scent is fabulous, with a throw that manages to fill the whole house without being obnoxiously strong. Love it!

Hope all that are under the weather feel better soon!

Fleur, I hope the storm damage wasn't too bad at your house - I think we had it a little easier at my end of the state than you did - less freezing rain. I waited a bit before going into work today and the roads were pretty much OK by then. Stay warm!

Tonight it's Winter Garden from AMS. I am finding this one a little perfume-y, so I have turned off the melter in an attempt to control the strength. This one has a great throw, although it could also be my sensitivity to the scent.

I'll have to jump on the Peyote Visions bandwagon pretty soon to catch up with all of you! You're making me curious, although I do have a whole bag of scents that were specifically for January/February. It's tough for me to deviate from my seasonal scent planning! But I did just retire the Christmas scents until next year because I just couldn't finish them.

Burning a Keepers of the Light candle in Gourmet Sugar Cookie.

It is still a mess outside. Thanks for everyone's well wishes.

mjclkc.... We had a ton of ice. We have dozens of huge branches down. The trees are coated with ice. It is supposed to get cold and windy. I hope we get a thaw soon. Stay safe in your end of the state!

We have been watching the weather channel a lot today. There are a lot of regions dealing with bad weather. All my best to everyone. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Fleur - My thoughts are with you for a thaw...real fast!

I just lit up Carol's Buttercream & Hazelnuts. It hasn't started to melt yet so I'll update later. Based on its cold smell I predict that it will be a winner in my book.

fleur, keep those candles handy! Hope your weather improves soon.

Just started Apple Spice Layer Cake and Vanilla Fluff Cake, both from Mookie Doodle.

fleur, take care and hope that ice thaws soon!

mpfand, I LOVE that Apple Spice Layer Cake! Wonderful scent!

Tonight I am melting Carol's Christmas Garland....I like this scent, although it's not Christmas-y at all to me....lol

Have a great night! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Aria, the tart was in a black one ounce oval cup. I don't see any in that style on Crosscreek's site, but I do know that Deana makes great tarts, so I will just have to order that scent on my next order with her.

Is it possibly Mellissa's Specialty soaps or Kreations by Kathie? I went through my stash and those are the ones I see in a blk one once cup with a label.

Aria, the tart was in a black one ounce oval cup. I don't see any in that style on Crosscreek's site, but I do know that Deana makes great tarts, so I will just have to order that scent on my next order with her.

Is it possibly Mellissa's Specialty soaps or Kreations by Kathie? I went through my stash and those are the ones I see in a blk one once cup with a label.

Could be Melissa's. I have a tart from her in the same kind of little oval cup. I order from Crosscreek occasionally, so I'll just try their version of the Chai.

Speaking of Crosscreek, tonight it's their Snowdrift Berries. I was kind of waiting for it to snow, but I don't think that's ever going to happen around here! It smells awesome!

ETA: Melissa's doesn't have that scent listed, so who knows!

Hi everyone. Thanks for the thoughts and well wishes. We made it through the night and we still have power at this point. Lots of branches down. We will assess the tree damage in the coming days. It seem like the pine trees were hit the worst.

I hope everyone is staying safe during this crazy winter weather. Well wishes to anyone fighting a cold too.

Jason... the little black cups that I have are from HOT, Kreations by Kathie, Aromasoy, Melissa's, Whiff n Sniff... those are the ones that come to mind. I know Bella's has black cups, but they are the two ounce larger size. I hope you solve the mystery!

When I get settled this morning, I will probably put on a bakery type tart... nice and comforting on this cold winter day!

Thanks again for all the good thoughts! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Good Morning Everyone-

Hope everyone is feeling better!

When I read about the crazy winter weather here I am thankful mine is not bad at all. We have had very little snow and the temperatures have not gotten below 30 degrees for the most part.

This morning it will be EW Blue Sugar in 2 melters. Second tealight for both.

Fleur, I'm so glad you still have power..Michelle: Are you lovin' the blue sugar?? This morning I'm finishing out EW-Peyote Visions and Carol's- Patchouli and honey. I hope everyone is safe and warm this morning.I am also adding Candledippers-Purple Haze in my LR

I've missed melting so much this week. It has been so crazy around here, with working six days in a row and trying to fit in time for the gym and time with the boyfriend. I haven't cleaned out my melters, so a third tealight of LOL's Just Tickled Pink, surprisingly nice throw left to it.

I hope everyone is staying warm and safe in this wonderful weather.

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Good morning!

This morning, I've had Bella's Zucchini Bread melting.....wonderful scent....I only have one more left in my stash.

I'm starving....gonna go have some breakfast.

Good morning!!

WOW, the weather sure is crazy huh? Sorry for the scary ice weather you all have had, that is no fun at all!!

Today I am burning oils..Pink Sugar oil and I mixed in some Blueberry with it ..very very yummy..I just love trying new mixtures!! Its alot of fun!!

Have a great day!! Be safe [smilie=th_76d65c2f]