The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
debra99

Dashing through our scents...

Nancy, I hope your headache goes away soon. I get migraines from time to time and it certainly does put a damper on your day. :roll:

cmarie, so glad you finally got your melter! Enjoy. [smilie=th_anyminute]

Today I'm melting Santa's Whiskers (Front Porch) downstairs in the main living areas, Cotton Candy (EW) in the kids' rooms, Brown Sugar & Fig (Mookie Doodle) in the MB and Peppermint Vanilla (Pure Scents) in the powder room.

Fleur - I am so jealous!! I just love New York at Christmas! A couple of us "girls" usuallly take a bus trip there the second week in December and just have fun without kids and spouses, but this year the tours got terribly expensive - I guess because of gas. Oh, well, maybe next year. Have you ever done the carriage ride through Central Park? You are going to have so much fun!! Enjoy. Not melting yet, as I am at work. Will do so once I hit the front door....

Fleur - I am so jealous!! I just love New York at Christmas! A couple of us "girls" usuallly take a bus trip there the second week in December and just have fun without kids and spouses, but this year the tours got terribly expensive - I guess because of gas. Oh, well, maybe next year. Have you ever done the carriage ride through Central Park? You are going to have so much fun!! Enjoy. Not melting yet, as I am at work. Will do so once I hit the front door....

toberetired... I hope you can visit New York next year. As you know there is no place like New York during the holidays. There is so much energy in the city then.

I worked and lived in New York before having children. I have only been on ONE carriage ride in Central Park. That was when a friend of mine was visiting from out of town. I guess that is always the case. When you live somewhere you do not always enjoy the sights.

I have not been to the Rockettes since I was a little girl. This will be great. My daughter will be seeing the show for the first time. She is a dancer, so that will make it even more special.

Not much of a melting day so far. Started up EW Mulberry and CFTKR something mulberry. Also 2 cinnamon apple pillars from Pier 1, a Christmas pilllar from Kohls and YC Sugared Plums. All look very pretty burning but not much scent yet.

Finally melting again tonight.

I put ice cubes in two of my melters.... I got busy and the ice melted... had to start over again as the water was room temperature. [smilie=th_anyminute] Crazy busy time of year... I get sidetracked easily.

Melting Nene's Spiked Eggnog tonight. :roll:

Guest stardustgirl
Melting Hodge Podge Lemon Meringue Pie, but can barely smell it, so I think it is time for something else.

I got a candle in that and didn't have any throw either. Sadly, nothing from them had a scent except the Amish Harvest melts and two of the candles did a fast and massive meltdown. I emailed to let them know, but never heard anything back. [smilie=th_LA839B1117]

The YC Jack Frost candle seems to be burning nicely - no tunnel! Yay! Not much throw so I added CBV Winter Snowflake... there's a Pine-Sol note in that (for you Pine-Sol averse people... I can deal with it, but it's not my fave).

I had CBV Yuletide in here, but the citrusy note didn't match my "I'm tired now" mood, so I shut that off and will fire it up tomorrow. I'm going to put on Shortie's Vanilla Bean Walnut next.

Tonight's melt is Apple Brulee...yummy!

A Christmas Story fans - The movie is on tonight at 8 and then again at 10 EST. I don't remember the channel, but it's a Direct TV channel.

Guest Anonymous

Sweet&spicey, I tried PI's Oatmeal Cookie when it first came out. Isn't it delicious? That's one of their best scents.

LLVV - yesssss! I agree - it's delish! Got a late start melting tonight, so am remelting it.Yum!

Christy - yay! You got your melter! It's fun trying a new melter out!

Update on the new melter: It works great and looks cute, plus I am impressed with how much of a throw you can get just by melting a small piece of wax. I used to wonder how there could possibly be any scent in those tiny things when I usually don't get as much scent as I want out of a big jar candle. But man, Nene's Country Craft Store scented the heck out of my living room! (When DH got home he said, "Wow, I can actually smell it!" (Usually I light a candle and then ask him if he can smell it, and he usually says no...)

This melting stuff is pretty fun!! [smilie=th_LA839B1117]

Time for bed pretty soon so I can give a killer presentation in my seminar tomorrow! Night all!

[smilie=th_offtobed]

Funny talking about the Rockettes...

We are going to see them next week with the 4 kids! I can't wait for them to see The Spectacular....it's been a while for me.

Burning Cedar & Saffron from Teaberry Mountain and I am BLOWN AWAY! Never smelled anything like it. I have tarts going all over my house and so far no one is complaining...

[smilie=th_LA839B1117]

cmarie......it IS amazing how much scent a little tart can put out! I'm glad your enjoying it!

Tonight it's Mac Cookie from AMS. This is a new one for me and my whole kitchen smells like cookies! [smilie=th_fe5b5651]

It is interesting, stardust, that you did not hear back from your email...stinky customer service, and nonstinky candles, LOL! [smilie=th_fe5b5651]

Tonight I am still playing around in the fall scents - Prim Wishes from Can-Do

It's a bitterly cold night tonight, so I thought Fireplace from Cozy Cottage would be nice. I love this scent. Also burning my YC Holiday Sage which seems to go with any of my holiday scents.

Christy, glad you got your melter and are joining in the melting fun! Now watch your addiction grow big time!

*edited because I caught a typo

Hi! This morning I have Apple Brulee and City of Lights melting! Have a great smelling day everyone!

It sounds like everone is having alot of fun melting their holiday scents. This morning it's EW- Frosty Farts- blue for Boogie, finishing up Zionsville Candle -Carrot Cake on my melter. I have really enjoyed this scent. I'm usually not a big fan of carrot scents. Also I'm melting Candledipper's Purple Haze in my LR. I was so hoping Beth's Walk-in-the-Woods scent was the one I love from Candlelicious, but it is not the same. It seems to have more perfume notes instead of the woodsy, earthy notes. I need to e-mail Candlelicious to see if they have their scent back in stock. Everyone have a great day. I can't believe it's Thursday. [smilie=th_fe5b5651]