The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

Guest Anonymous

Started out with K's Kreations Clean and Fresh Linen - A little too light for me. I now have Fruit Slices in (also K's Kreations) and I'm liking that much better. It's still February here but it's over 70 degrees today so it's feeling more like spring than winter.....I'm about to bust out the florals.

melting tuscaderos ice capades..this one is not killer strong like a lot of mint blends tend to be..trying to get through my *winter* tarts

Guest Anonymous

I have White tea and ginger upstairs, mango & peach in the livingroom, and cream brulee in the kitchen. It smells so good in here!

My hubby has became such an addict too! First thing this morning he was like get the tarts on!!

[smilie=th_gagme]

karla

My luck has not been great today. As expected, the Olde South had gone south! No scent noted. [smilie=th_gagme]

Then I swapped out to Soybean Scent-Sation's Indian Harvest and couldn't get a scent out of that either. Does anyone melt from this company? It is the second one I could not smell and I am wondering what burner is best...

I have White tea and ginger upstairs, mango & peach in the livingroom, and cream brulee in the kitchen. It smells so good in here!

My hubby has became such an addict too! First thing this morning he was like get the tarts on!!

[smilie=th_gagme]

karla

wow, how did u manage THAT? The only other male I know who likes this wax stuff is my 8 year old..the 1st place in a store he would go to would be the video games...now he looks for the candles.

Guest Anonymous

I found some old votives from Home Interiors - Strawberries & Cream. I lit three in my bathroom and they scented well. Melted horribly, though.

Fresh Linen from Aunt Becky's was wonderful! Excellent scent throw.

Mulberry from Addie Belle's - put that in the 25W plug in burner. Very good scent throw. I'm going to order more of these from her.

Seven Layers Bar from Bella's - yummy! Smelled like I was really baking something delicious here.

Well, I just got home from shopping in Memphis. Went to Bed Bath and Beyond. Loaded up on YC tarts. Just wanted to let you all know you influenced me to buy a scent out of season Autumn Leaves and pumpkin pie. I am burning buttercream as I write. My Husband was the first one at the candle section (surprise suprise.) I think he did that to make me smile.

Cheryl

Hi Jersey (btw, I'm a Jersey mom of 4 also!) ~

I also have a husband who is a candle lover. He's not terribly picky however, and he always takes my giveaways... :lol:

He also likes to take the remnants of the Yankee jars and makes layered candles out of them. Some of the other company jars, especially Colonial, have jars that warrant some degree of re-use. He certainly takes advantage of it!

I figure as long as he's happy - I can continue to splurge on candles and tarts without any complaints! He's a good man, that husband of mine! [smilie=th_gagme]

My husband has really gotten into tarts since he received an electric tart burner from my mom for Christmas. At first, I thought he'd see the gift as a joke, but he actually took it to work and put it on his desk. He now takes my "castaways" and melts them at work. The guys used to give him a hard time about it, but now they enjoy the scents as much as he does and always comment on how good it smells in the office! I'm now having to order certain scents just for him to take to work!

To be honest, I think men have just as much capacity to enjoy entertaining the olfactory senses as we do - it just makes some of them feel less "manly" so they don't want to say anything - doesn't mean they aren't taking it in!

I for one, really take pleasure in the fact that my husband likes candles and tarts. We don't have a lot of major interests in common and this is something small that we enjoy together.

Just Right's Cucumber and melon in the living room. This is so nice with a huge throw and strong scent. Very refreshing.

In the computer room it is Amish Quilt by Angie's Country Candles and Soap. Very, very nice and really strong. My first try with this company.

In the bath it was Bitter Creek's HFO, Orchid....very, very nice. I enjoy their oils very much. [smilie=th_gagme] :lol:

I am melting what's left of a YC Herbs and Blooms candle...this thing is strong! I went to BB and Beyond yesterday, but found no Autumn Leaves tarts. They had fruit smoothie, orange juice, sheer gardenia, and cucumber and cantaloupe. They were marked down to 1.29..didn't buy any though.

Guest Anonymous

Hi, Candle Friends. . .I have been away for awhile due to the loss of my beloved mom. I haven't been able to sleep very well so I am up early since arriving back home, and, I am burning Swan Creek's 'Caramelized Pralines'. My mother was born in France, and, was a fabulous baker. . .I believe that it where my love for really authentic bakery scents began.

I have to say that the Cinnabon candle that I purchased at Walmart (lots of people seemed to be raving about it) was a huge disappointment. I, too, should have known better. . .but, live and learn [smilie=th_gagme]

Remember to live, love and laugh every single day. . .

Guest Anonymous

Wildfire, I am also very sorry for your loss. I lost my mom in 2005. I learned then what it really felt like to have a broken heart. My thoughts are with you.

This morning, Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper from Mookie Doodle. I will continue Hot Cocoa from YC at work.

Guest Anonymous

wildfire, sorry about the loss of your Mom. Hope your memories will bring you some consolation.

and Spring Bouquet is one of my very favorites, thanks for the reminder to pull that one out, Nancy :)

Guest tammye

Wildfire - I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I lost mine 5 years ago and still miss her so much.

Hi, Candle Friends. . .I have been away for awhile due to the loss of my beloved mom. I haven't been able to sleep very well so I am up early since arriving back home, and, I am burning Swan Creek's 'Caramelized Pralines'. My mother was born in France, and, was a fabulous baker. . .I believe that it where my love for really authentic bakery scents began.

I have to say that the Cinnabon candle that I purchased at Walmart (lots of people seemed to be raving about it) was a huge disappointment. I, too, should have known better. . .but, live and learn :)

Remember to live, love and laugh every single day. . .

Wildfire, sincere condolences on the death of your beloved mother. I will burn somethng Blue today for her and for you.

Patsy

my condolences on your loss wildfire..I will be burning a blue country clothesline for you and your family