The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

Hodge Podge today...........Nene's Poire et Vanille (lovely perfect soft vanilla pear), Carols Cookie Dough which is a long time favorite of mine, can't be without. And burning a candle from K's Kreations called Island Holiday which is a wonderful strawberry type scent with a teeny hint of mint and then maybe some vanilla and mango type scent.. This candle is wonderful. Smells like the "Best Friends" scent that many companies have.

Working down my stash. I'm down to alot from Carol with only 2 left in the bag. Yay!

Trying to use some of my older melts first. There are many that are about 18mo. old and still going strong. They may not be AS strong, but still great.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Glad to see so many of you ladies enjoy YC Christmas Cookie. It has always been a favorite of mine along with several from YC. I purchased the oil in the Christmas Cookie from YC and it is GREAT. I enjoy YC oils much more than Bath&Body Works. I notice they seem to last longer. With the Bath&Body oils I feel like I have to keep watching it every 15 minutes and add more oil so I don't crack the burner. Too much work for me. However, the YC oils seem to be less maintenance.

Guest Anonymous

I finally got some more tarts in the mail!! I ordered some clearance ones from Smell so Sweet, and got some yummy ones from Cheryl. I am melting Cheryl's Ultimate vanilla in my computer room (just started, so I'll have to tell you what it's like later, but the cold throw was amazing!), and out in the living room is SSS's mocha hazelnut. Not a very strong coffee scent, but I love the creamy hazelnut that it has.

Cheryl, where are you in Arkansas? I was born/raised there (Pine Bluff) and worked there many years, too (Little Rock, Malvern). I still have family & friends there that I visit.

Cynthia, Marion, AR . I work in West Memphis. My sister lives in Little Rock.

Cheryl

Glad to see so many of you ladies enjoy YC Christmas Cookie. It has always been a favorite of mine along with several from YC. I purchased the oil in the Christmas Cookie from YC and it is GREAT. I enjoy YC oils much more than Bath&Body Works. I notice they seem to last longer. With the Bath&Body oils I feel like I have to keep watching it every 15 minutes and add more oil so I don't crack the burner. Too much work for me. However, the YC oils seem to be less maintenance.

Maurie, I burned several BBW oils during the holidays and yes if you put 10-15 drops as suggested it is work. But I was in different BBW locations during holidays and they had their tealight burners with lots of oil. I tried it. It will make you choke if it is a small room but a very large room is ok and it is the FASTEST way to fragrance I have found. Good Luck. I love Christmas cookie too YC. But really loved vanilla bean noel.BBW

Cheryl

Cheryl,

Yes I know........those B&BW oils can be killers if used wrong. I walked into our local store 2 weeks ago and nearly lost it. They were melting some Cherry blossom or Amber scent and OMG, it was disgusting. But I bet they put alot of oil in as well. They won't have the time to keep checking on it. I feel the YC oil does not burn off as high or quick.

Yes, oils are the fastest way to scent a room, just not my favorite. I am too paranoid.

Hello all! It's a boring day in the Jewel household...I did an inventory of my tart basket and found I have an overabundance of several scents that I ordered from Nene. I had ordered four of the large 2oz tarts in Orange Spice as well as a 1 lb bag of Krumbles, so to keep myself from being left with ONLY that scent a few months down the road, I cut a large Orange Spice in half and am melting one half today. It's a cold and overcast day in the Seattle area, so the spicy orange scent is uplifting. [smilie=th_gagme]

Hubby was on call today due to the upcoming caucus (sp??) in Seattle, and got called out about 2pm, so I'll be alone most of the night. I'm sure that I'll melt something a bit more romantic later on this evening to take the place of our normal Saturday Night date that I'm going to miss out on due to him being gone! :lol:

Jewel

Its been a long day today-so I am glad that when I got home DH and the kids had some yummies going for me. Vanilla Buttercream Crunch. Then in the LR the kids had mixed in a little Sweet Tart with that Buttercream-ewww! Not a good combo- so I nixed that one and put in Romantic Wish.

Yes, oils are the fastest way to scent a room, just not my favorite. I am too paranoid.

I know! I always think I will remember to check these darn things. But, like today, I walked in the bathroom that should have had a lovely strawberry (oil) smell - iInstead, it was a hot ceramic smell and the burner top was scorched. That smell does not leave easily!

[smilie=th_gagme]

I am burning my new Aroma Soy candle ( ! ) scent: Relaxation (lavendar/tangerine)

Guest Anonymous

Cheryl, thanks for that information. I don't think I've visited West Memphis before. We occasionally travel to Memphis now if we want major shopping or cultural events.

Debra, sorry that happened. My oils from A Scent Lover's don't seem to burn off as quickly as the ones from The Body Shop or BBW.

This morning, Red Currant from Candle Dippers. I haven't started anything else yet.

Good Sunday morning all. I have YC Simply Home Vanilla Frosting downstairs and I did have For Every Body Sugar Cookie on a candle warmer upstairs but after awhile decided my best friend would like it better so switched to a Strawberry Shortcake candle on the warmer from Darsee & David's. It is a sunny, windy cold day here but not bad if you are inside. [smilie=th_gagme]

Good Morning, everyone. [smilie=th_gagme] Melting Spicy Gingerbread from Spotted Hog downstairs, Black Raspberry Vanilla from Scentsy and Bella's Vanilla from Bella's in the MB.

Good morning everyone..I am melting from WNS Island Christmas ( I really like this one), WNS Gateau Vanille....I like this too...strong vanilla but not fake smelling), and in the kitchen Spiced Pumpkin from Brown Bag ( Melissa sent this...thanks again girl)

Nice to have my sniffer working again:)

Guest Anonymous

Melting LOL Fireside (EJ dupe) downstairs, and Tuscadero's Sweet sensations and cinnamon vanilla upstairs. Also threw in Aroma's Sweet Vanilla Cream in the bathroom.

I am recycling...day 3 of Dreamtart's Goddess, day 2 of Aroma Naturals Relaxation.

I may try an old one: Olde South - carrot cake. I will be amazed it there is any scent, but it is worth a try!