The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

October's Haunting Fragrances

The Fireside part of my mix was giving me a headache.

I switched out for this evening.

YC Blueberry Scone

Cottage Hill - Black Raspberry Vanilla

Tuscadero's(old) - Aloha

Hey Jason, that Candy Corn is a hard one to get a throw out of. My 40 watt bulb melter did nothing for the scent. My best results have been with my 24 watt combo melter (awesome throw) and my 2 piece ceramic tea light melter from YC. What have you been using to melt this one in?

I'm using my 2 piece YC tealight burner with a glass bowl. If there is a throw to be had, I usually get it when using this burner. Oh well, a very rare dud from this vendor.

That's too bad Jason! That scent can throw but it has to be just the right burner. It's a tough one. All of the tart burner science can drive you literally mad. The 2 piece one I have is a ceramic one so maybe that makes some sort of difference, who knows.

I just started melting Snickerdoodle. I had to wait until all of my cooking was done to get that started. I'm not sure what I'll melt tonight. I have to go check my tart bowl of this month's scents.

Guest Anonymous
Sweet - Pumpkin and Sugared Hazelnuts sounds gooood! Wow.

Jules - yep, it's wonderful! Have a bag of it. :lol: If you want to try it, email me your addy and I'll send ya some. :lol:

Melting Crosscreek's zucchini bread. Wow - can smell this all thru the house! Love it!

Sweet - Pumpkin and Sugared Hazelnuts sounds gooood! Wow.

Jules - yep, it's wonderful! Have a bag of it. :lol: If you want to try it, email me your addy and I'll send ya some. :lol:

Melting Crosscreek's zucchini bread. Wow - can smell this all thru the house! Love it!

:lol: I don't call you Sweet for nothin'. ty for the kind offer.

Guest Doe

Had on this afternoon-Busy Bee- Autumn Leaves- smelled kinda like soap, liked it but was expecting more of a scent like Yankee autumn leaves.

Just started Busy Bee- 7 up pd cake and have Yankee Orchard Pear candle going.

Good evening! My bedroom smells wonderful with Carol's Pumpkin Apple Cake melting. I forgot how delicious this one smelled.

Several good ones yesterday:

Holiday Cookie & Bay Rum - both from Almost Country

Mulberry, High Tide, Cukes & Lopes - all from Abundascents

Pecan Pie - Autumn Candles (my last two tarts in this scent :lol: )

Ahh A fresh morning. I'm going to clean out all the melters and start anew.

For now, just two votives going. FM - Pumpkin Spice.

No school today or Monday here. The kids have a 4 day weekend and it's supposed to rain for the next three. Luckily, mine love rain and it's warm enough to go out and play in it. I'll just keep the hot cocoa flowing.

Oh and in the What-were-we-thinking department, did I mention that we're giving our son a drum set for his birthday today? Yup.

:lol:

A drum set????? :lol: That's what you will feel like after a few hours! Hope he has fun with it!

First melts of the day are GHBT celtic moonspice ijn the bedroom, Hey Hey cute Cabana Boy from somebody in the den, and in the kitchen it's NeNe's blackberry jam butter cookie and pinepple upside down cake from Candles, Melts, and More! :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Jules - It took my son a couple of years for guitar to start sounding like music around here - can't imagine drums!

cbgirl - That Cracklin' Birch from GHBT's is a staple here for the season now - I bought a couple of clamshells of that one! Same with Autumn Woods :lol:

Last night I melted YC's Mulling Spices and it was WAY better this time than the first time I tried it - put it in the 14-watt and went out for a bit and when I came home it turned out to be a very strong thrower and smelled really good!

Also finished up Vanilla Oak from GHBT's in the bedroom. Didn't get a chance to post yesterday but that one from the night before was so strong and so nice, BUT, the scent hung on long enough and strong enough that I couldn't sleep - it was distracting, even after I turned the melter off! :lol:

He's already drumming on everything in the house. I'm just trying to save our furniture. :lol: My brother was the same way growing up. He apologized for any undo influence he may have had. :lol: