The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

Heidi--I have had floods under my sinks more than once so I know how you feel--at least if your DH can fix it tonight you won't have the expense of a plumber--if you could even find one. Hope your day has improved.

I was at Dollar General this morning and they had some of their fall stuff out and so I picked up a $1 candle called Apple Cider--I have it going in the downstairs bath and it is putting out a very nice aroma. I saw they have a space for a pumpkin one but didn't have them out yet. They also had diffusers in both scents, tins and oil burner sets--a burner--cute fall colors which could be used for tarts also, a bottle of oil and a tealight--I think those were $3.50 for anyone interested. The burner alone would be worth that.

Guest Anonymous
Country Apple from Can-Do

D'Lish - Candle Haven

Is the Country Apple a spicey one, or just more "apple scented"?

Just plain ol' apple. I think I'm going to order Apple Cellar from there. I like apple scents for September but I need a little more something to it :)

Guest stardustgirl

Heidi - ugh on the bathroom mess! I now have a cabinet *above* my shower (the kind you'd normally put above a refrigerator) to store my paper items. I've had the flood experience. Now everything under this sink is plastic bottle type stuff.

Remelting Peach Ambrosia by CBV. It outlasted a tea light and is now in the melter in the living room, still going strong.

I've got Lemon Lime Fizzy Pop by CBV in here. It was a freebie but I'll definitely buy it on a re-order. It's wonderfully summery and light without being a weak scent.

Guest Anonymous

Switched out the apple for Citrus Basil - Gramma Fran's. I have to go back to work for a bit so I'm adding Raspberry Guava in the office - Pure Scents.

Aria, I agree with you on that Banana Ivy. Really nice and unique scent and I usually don't love banana scents!

I just put on Our Secret Recipe from Crosscreek and it is amazing! Where's this scent been all my life? Rich, buttery and really smells like cookies baking!

I found a very old tart - way past elderly, even [smilie=th_thumbs20up] - from YC. It was lavender patchouli from an aromatherapy line. I got it as part of an Ebay auction a couple of years ago - and I think it was old then! (Anyone recall ever seeing these?)

I put it in the basement on the electric and forgot about it and after awhile it had wafted all the way upstairs! Not bad, for an old-timer!

I found a very old tart - way past elderly, even [smilie=th_thumbs20up] - from YC. It was lavender patchouli from an aromatherapy line. I got it as part of an Ebay auction a couple of years ago - and I think it was old then! (Anyone recall ever seeing these?)

I put it in the basement on the electric and forgot about it and after awhile it had wafted all the way upstairs! Not bad, for an old-timer!

I've never heard of that scent. yowza! That's an oldie but a goodie.

Hello Everyone! Tonight I'm burning YC's Frosted Cedar Wreath. What a great scent. It's sort of a cross between an outdoorsy tree scent and mint.

Debra - Now that's amazing for a YC tart! I don't remember that scent at all. Was it a circular tart or a cube tart?

Guest Anonymous

Have to update my scent from yesterday (Angie's Cozy Home). It ended up being a good

one, not weak at all. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

This evening it's CFTKR Honey Bee Sweet (HIWTK dupe). Love this scent!

Guest Anonymous

Switched scents again for the evening - Southern Breeze (Tuscadero's) and Sea Blossom (Can-Do). Both are beautiful!

Hello Everyone! Tonight I'm burning YC's Frosted Cedar Wreath. What a great scent. It's sort of a cross between an outdoorsy tree scent and mint.

Debra - Now that's amazing for a YC tart! I don't remember that scent at all. Was it a circular tart or a cube tart?

It was one of the circular tarts that had an unusual label - It looked like it was brown paper, with old fashioned script. ?Maybe to match the natural Aromatherapy concept?

It smells great in here tonight!

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie-Crosscreek: Not overpowering, but scenting the room nicely with a warm oatmeal cookie aroma.

Apple Butter N' Spice-Candle Haven: I'm going to miss this. I only have three left and it is such a strong, yummy scent. I am going to try to save the rest of these for a cold night.

[smilie=th_thumbs20up] Starting this morning out with Mainstays Mulled Cider--very nice fall scent. My $1 candle from Dollar General in Apple Cider turned out surprisingly well. It has burned completely and cleanly and puts out a nice amount of scent for a small room. I am going to go and get another one this morning.

Jules, your avatar is stunning. I want that to be my computer background!

Thank you Jason. I will try to email the photo to you later this morning.

I'm not melting yet. I've got to get the kids off to the school bus first.

Guest Anonymous
Switched scents again for the evening - Southern Breeze (Tuscadero's) and Sea Blossom (Can-Do). Both are beautiful!

The Southern Breeze is actually one I'm thinking about trying. How do you like it, and is it a fall-like scent?

Actually, you can have what I have left then - My husband walked in and made a face and a 'comment' about it. It doesn't have many fans in this house, unfortunately. Oh, and it'sn ot fall-like at all. I got it for summer and I'd say it's a very sweet and soft combination of floral/fruit maybe?

Guest Anonymous

Forgot to add my scent. Did something different today - couldn't decide what I was in the mood for so I closed my eyes and reached in the tart basket - Came out with Butter Drop Cookies from CFTKR!