The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

It's official. I've got bronchitis. I've been sick and coughing for a while, but now I can't smell anything. I thought I had a cold but when my sniffer stopped working I headed off to the doctor's office. [smilie=group_hug]

Funny how much discomfort I will tolerate, but when the nose stopped working I had to fix it. No wonder I haven't been happy with any of my tarts lately. My house probably smells great. I just didn't know it.

Nancy, I hope your beloved kitty starts responding to treatment soon!

Jules, take care of yourself and gets lots of rest! I hope you start feeling better soon so your nose can start smelling again! [smilie=group_hug]

Oh Trep, my kitty (who is trying to sit on the keyboard and help type this - why I edit so often, heehee) and I hope your fuzzball has a speedy recovery.

And - I was really glad to hear about that Iced Pumpkin candle! I have "spent" the coupon on the front of my catalog multiple times - and my last imaginary orders have included that candle.

Almost 100 degrees today so it has been:

Tuscadero's - Coppertone baby

Cloud Nine - Summer Fling

Guest Anonymous
Mom, I've ordered one large order from her, and I have been very happy. The tat was quick. I let the tarts sit for a while before melting because she made them fresh. [smilie=th_sHellobar]

Thanks! She says she individually wraps each tart on her website - Does that mean they are bagged or are they cellophane-wrapped?

Put on Cedar and Spice-CFTKR this evening. Not much cedar,but definitely spice! I am hungry for Pumpkin Pie and Whipped Cream...

Jules-hope your nose gets clear soon. Nancy-I hope your furbaby comes home soon.

Everyone have a wonderful night!

Trep, I hope your kitty gets better.

Hope you feel better soon, Jules.

For this evening:

Jumping Lemon Beans - Kreations by Kathie. Really like this tart lemon. Reminds me of Lemonade Twister.

Sugar Bits - LOL. This is lots of cake and quite yummy.

Mandarin Bamboo - Cloud Nine. Great scent, but light throw.

3 Sheets to the Wind - Angel Scented. Eh.

[stardustgirl, did you have a hard time finding Fresh Lemonade? I've gone online and in 3 physical stores and can't find it! [smilie=th_sHellobar]

No problem at all... I bought it online, I believe in June. I wish I'd known you were looking or I could've swapped you one of mine (I got 2 because it was a bogo sale).

Based on their description, it sounded lovely and I was desperately seeking a good strong lemon, but was disappointed that the grapefruit note in this overwhelms anything else. I don't *hate* grapefruit, but when you're expecting a sweet lemonade and the waiter hands you a grapefruit juice, it's hard not to go "yuck!" They were the smallest jars, so I've been burning that in the bathroom this summer, where it's OK enough. I'm nearly through with the 2nd one, or I'd offer it up to you.

Thanks, Stardustgirl. That is very nice. I was looking for a sweet lemonade, too! I'm disappointed to hear about that grapefruit note. Oh well, maybe better I didn't find it. Thanks for the info! :P

How's that Jumping Lemon Beans Cynthia? How would you compare it to Donna's Lemon Wegde and Nene's Lemon Squares?

I'm melting Candle Haven's Tahitian Vanilla to start my evening. This is a first for this one, and I can't smell anything yet. I put on her Paradise Island earlier (from my last order), and it didn't smell like the same recipe she use to send, and that was a fav of mine. Maybe those last orders were just really hard for her to get out. Bless her heart.

I saw jelly belly candles at Target in a lemon...sure wish they had tarts!

I am so low on good lemons, so I can't wait for my orders coming. I better order more tonight.

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

How's that Jumping Lemon Beans Cynthia? How would you compare it to Donna's Lemon Wegde and Nene's Lemon Squares?

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

I really liked Jumping Lemon Beans, Heart. It was like a tart lemonade to me. The scent description mentions vanilla and caramel, but I didn't pick those up. It reminded me of Lemonade Twister, which I've tried from WnS and Mookie Doodle. I haven't tried the ones you've mentioned in order to compare.

This morning, Fresh & Clean - Candles, Melts & More.

Juniper Breeze - Bloomwick

Drew's Dewberry - Cathy's Candles 4 Kids

Still melting Nene's Vanilla Buttercream Frosting... one of my favorites... I will let this go a little longer before switching out (had it on a long time yesterday too)... [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

heart and cyn or anyone looking for a nice lemon scent... I have enjoyed Nene's Lemon Starburst Martini... is is a lovely lemon sugar scent... [smilie=th_aa17]

I have a few new lemon scents coming with new orders... I will report back when I get to try them...

I do like Nene's Lemon Squares... that is a more bakery type lemon... the Lemon Meringue Angel Cake is nice too!

Okay... I am partial to lemon scents... I like most of them... especially the bakery and lemon sugar types!

Thanks for the recs, Fleur. I like lemon scents, too. One of my favorites is Lemon Sugar from Angie's. I need to try the ones you've mentioned!

Good morning.

I'm melting Soy Indulgence Pomagranate (my family likes it)

and Colonial Candles pillar in Cardamon. Also YC jar in Honeysuckle.

I still can't smell much, so I chose some of my more average crowd pleasers. I'm saving my new scents for later.