The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

October’s BOOtiful Scents

Good morning everyone!

A cool 31 degrees F this morning here in SW Ohio and I think we can agree that the frost is finally on the pumpkin! [smilie=th_autumboy]

BTW I don't know how our forum emojis were assembled - and I love them soooooo much - but we need some Halloween ones, perhaps? A pumpkin, a bat, a little ghostie? *just saying* [smilie=th_200912104451]

Debra and Honeybear - that's amazing that you both have had cats named Dharma, wonderful choice. When I look at pictures of the Maine Coons, I just love those huge, lush tails.

Debra, you are so right - Sterilite to the rescue! Since I changed to the drawer style, I have a lot of empty tubs under the bed. Those get used for curing. The *plan* is not to fill them all up as well. [smilie=th_Whistle]

Maggie and Carolooni - Sadly I have had to shut the windows with frost outside. My DH still wanted the window cracked in the bedroom but I snuck it closed again. [smilie=th_thank_you]

Susan - I love that Apple and Fern from CFOW! Was it a Moon Cake?

Well this morning it's:

The Bathing Garden Widow's Walk - clove, violet, cedar - this is so unusual and so exquisite. I tried it a couple of months ago and it took some getting used to, but now I can't get enough of it and it's in multiple melters. (Maybe that's why DH wanted to crack the window...)

Scentsy Farmstand Pumpkin - this was last evening into this morning - I got this in the eBay set last week with Casting Spells - and my goodness, I'm a big fan of this vendor if the wax often smells this good. I LOVE this scent - apple, cinnamon, pumpkin, caramel. What's not to love? Gorgeous blend with all of the notes speaking up for themselves. Also this wax does fine in my two bulb warmers, which struggle with other harder waxes. Those warmers are so pretty themselves that I've been putting up with them.

Stay warm and enjoy the beautiful Fall days!

Amy, I agree we need Halloween emoji' s. [smilie=yes]

Melting Jack-O-Lantern from Colonial Candle. (insert pumpkin emoji)

I can't believe how fast the cold came in...where is Fall?? Greetings All!

Amy...31? Oh my gosh! I must admit I love the windows cracked in my bedroom....even in the winter. I like the room being cold so I can snuggle under the blankets. I don't sleep well when it's warm indoors.

Tonight is CFTKR Bluberry Zucchini....strong and yummy.

Goodnight all. [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

What a crazy busy day at work. I need some scents!

I also like the window cracked - until the morning when I get up and scurry around trying to get warm! [smilie=th_ahaaha]

I must have had an extra stressful day - I have located the Halloween candy stash and I am having a tough time staying out of it! Why do they taste so much better when they are bite-sized? [smilie=th_pardon]

AmyJo - good luck not filling up those tubs under your bed. [smilie=th_giggle] One day you will look and POOF! Wax will have jumped in there and filled it up! At least that is what happens in my house!

Tonight it is Lilac Scentsations, Pink Lilac and Willow.

Good morning ladies and [smilie=th_bb20]

We are definitely into Fall. The grass actually has grown only a tiny bit this last week. The mowing fellow thinks just one more round and that's it for the year. Which is good, because the money spent on that can now go to the higher heating bill! [smilie=th_cc8]

Maggie and Debra, I agree with you, I like the room cool at night too - but my DH's definition of cool and mine are not aligned! He would have icicles forming and think that was fine....

Michele, I'm with you, I love that Semo scent. I hope you are doing ok while DH is away.

Debra, this is my fear about the Sterilite boxes under the bed...they seem so lonely...I think I should donate them somewhere before they fill up.

Susan, those moon cakes are just the best - CFOW has such a cool assortment of scents for those.

Mpfand, you crack me up! (insert laughing goblin emoji)

Well this morning it's a continuation of yesterday's melts:

Golden Willow Draper Lane - a giftie from a fabulous CF pal, thank you!! - like the best caramel apple ever created. Just juicy and creamy and ohhhhh. I wanted to buy a buzz bar of this but she is sold out. However, it looks as though I could get a made-to-order loaf of it. *plotting* *could need the Sterilite boxes after all*

and

Front Porch Momma's Blueberry Cobbler - this one has long been a favorite, so delicious - and it's the last of it. [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

Have an excellent day. Any good plans for the weekend? [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

ALERT FROM THE ENABLING DEPARTMENT - [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Yes, I know the Enabling Department has been on hiatus...but some of you had expressed an interest in Zeep's cider/donut/coffee blend, Luke's Diner...

and of course I would not be peeking at their Thanksgiving Restock, perish the thought. But just in case YOU might want to dally over there, you *might* see Luke's Diner there in double bundt form and also in scoopable wax.

Recall that this one could take 3-4 months to cure properly but then...oh, then.... [smilie=th_LOVE]. And actually the scoopable wax would probably be ready to roll even sooner, with its higher scent load.

[smilie=th_cc24]

[smilie=The_Hi]

Debra ~ How neat that you also have a Dharma! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Was she the one who wouldn’t come out from under the bed for a good while? I still miss my Dharma and watch the little video I have of her from time to time.

I’d vote for Halloween emojis, too, if we could. [smilie=th_aa17]

Dessa’s Caramel Zucchini Bread

Dessa’s Seaside Escape

ST Immortal Child

DH just got back from his business trip and we’re enjoying our day with DD#1. Wish she wasn’t headed back to NM tonight!

Hey guys!

I'm with you guys on having the window cracked open at night. I love the smell of fresh air in the house. Since my break in I haven't felt the same about it though. I can't remember, did I tell you guys about that?

MaggieMae - thanks for the description of patchouli. I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about - never knew it was so apropos of autumn and Halloween, but it makes sense. I think I may have a pillar candle with some patchouli or sandalwood fragrance. It's a nice coppery brown color. It used to be one of those pretty-but-don't-burn candles, but I think I'll burn it now! It still smells pretty strong just sitting there! :sHa_thumbgoodjob:

Candlelove - your Strawberry Torte sounds gooooood. I'm with you on changing up from fall scents for a bit. Think I'll melt some GC Cherry Cobbler next. graphics-fruit-192530.gif

AmyJo - I'm sympathetic about your cold weather forcing the windows closed. I'm on the other end today. My AC just came on! Wah! I hated closing up the house late this morning! Oh, the enabling! I restrained myself from ordering those Luke's Diner melts. I REALLY wanted to, but I'm trying to keep on my wax budget. smileys-money-702364.gif

Debra - I hate it when the candy calls because of stress! If I eat it, I want to savor it. Doesn't always work that way though! mini-graphics-candy-455929.gif

Honeybear - enjoy your day with DH and DD#1! smileys-love-507013.gif

smileys-halloween-870443.gif

And if you all are interested in some cute Hallween emojis....try this:

PicGifs.com

Happy Friday! I'm coming to the end of my cute Goose Creek Toasty Hot Toddy Pumpkin candle. I've really enjoyed it, but I'm ready for a change. I'm going to use the cute jar to put my autumn potpourri in (that alcohol trick worked temporarily, but it's now smell-less again, but it's still pretty!). It'll become a permanent part of my autumn decor.

Hi All!

Honeybear-Sorry DD is heading back to NM tonight.

Carolooni-I don’t think you told us about the break in. What happened? Sorry to hear that.

Tonight’s melt is VCS Cotton Candy Corn. It’s a good one but not that strong.

Good morning all!

I hope everyone is having a fine start to their weekend. It's raining and cool here but 50 feels like a heat wave after the low 30's of the last few mornings.

With difficulty, I have also managed to withstand the restocks which seem to be popping up right and left. [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Honeybear, I'm glad you and your DH got to spend some time with DD#! I can imagine that the whole family is smitten with little Heidi Pie. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Carolooni, thank you for the emoji link, still figuring it out. I'm sorry you had a break-in and hope you weren't home at the time.

Michele, what is it with these candy corn melts?! - that's such a gorgeous scent. Now if we could just get them to throw. I just replenished my supply from Spotted Hog but even those are not strong yet. Perhaps even paraffin needs to cure a bit.

Well yesterday I had a hankering for Blue Sugar and happily I had a sampler from The Scented Squirrel. So yesterday and through the night it was:

SS Blue Sugar & Blackberry Mint Spritzer - fruity and luscious.

SS Blue Sugar & Asian Plum - mysterious, sweet.

SS Blue Sugar, Cashmere & Tonka Bean - my favorite. I love cashmere scents and with the blue sugar...ohhhhhhh.

And this morning I was blue sugared-out and reached for something entirely different. The Bathing Garden Halloween Collection has been curing for two months and seems to be ready!

TBG Boozy Vlad - pumpkin, maple coconut sugar, buttery brown sugar, dark boozy nutmeg, clove - to die for. I started it out with a tealight and it nearly threw me from the room. Gorgeous and as usual the clam itself was beautifully decorated. If this is representative of this entire collection, it should be a fine Halloween season. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Enjoy your weekends everyone!

Good Saturday Morning!

I am a Blue Sugar lover too Amy! ❤️ Your description for your DH's preferred temperature is too funny! [smilie=eek] I like a cool house and everyone around here is complaining....I think it's easy to put on a sweater...right? Tbh, I just don't like "fake" weather like the AC or Heater. I prefer the natural kind.

Carolooni....Oh gosh....sorry to hear about the break-in!! Frightening! I don't blame you for being hesitant to keep windows open now. :(

Honeybear...glad you got to spend time with your DH and DD! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Today is a giftie from a sweet CF pal....thank you friend!:)

Casting Spells from Scentsy!

Have a great day!

Caralooni, a break in sound very scary.

AmyJo - the BS and Asian Plum sounds really interesting. I don't think I have seen that combo before.

Tonight it is Mermaid Kisses - Lilac Scentsations. I noticed when I was sorting last week that I had this scent from more than one vendor. However, I think I like the description better than the actual scent! ;) (Ocean, moss, mint, coriander, cedar and vetiver.)

Good Morning!

It’s a cold day here. It’s in the 40’s and I am loving it. I’m going to meet up with my sisters later to shop at the outlets. It should be a fun day.

Yesterday I melted SGA Autumn Delight which was on the lighter side. This morning it is SGA Apple Butter Toasted Marshmallow Graham Cracker from last year’s Fall Sampler. So far it’s smellng good.

Have a great day all!!

Good Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

It's chilly and I love it! May have to turn on the fireplace heater.

Enjoy your trip to the outlets Michele!

Debra...although I like all of those fragrances...it seems like a lot going on! I think I have that scent somewhere around here to and I think I'm not crazy about it either.

This morning it's the legendary IHOP by SGA. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Have a great day.

Good morning ladies!

Another lovely frosty morning here with interesting clouds. Last night we had a strong wind advisory and the lights were flickering on and off for awhile, which made all the spooky scents even more appropriate. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Michele, your shopping day with your sisters sounds like lots of fun. I hope you have a wonderful time! :ssshopping:

Debra, that Mermaid Kisses scent description does sound interesting. Which note was dominant? What was it about it that you didn't like so well?

Maggie, you put that so well - I like the real weather best too. [smilie=yes]

Yesterday afternoon I couldn't resist this any longer and happily it was well cured:

L3 Mo Nighean Donn (pumpkin pecan waffles, sugar cookies, buttered rum, cappuccino, marshmallow) - delicious! Nice and strong and a good complement to the pumpkin scents which were already going yesterday.

Then last night I needed a break from all the pumpkin:

L3 Spearmint Cucumber - perfect. Considering that those are two of my favorite scent notes, putting them together is just bliss. Three months of curing and one little shape filled the whole house. :toppoints:

This morning it's a gift from a sweet CF pal - [smilie=thank_you]

Fox Willow Lavender Vanilla - with a touch of baby powder - so lovely and comforting. I'm not very familiar with this vendor but that may have to change. [smilie=th_cc15]

Have a restful Sunday!

[smilie=th_hello]

Amy ~ We had a lot of wind last night, too. Ugh! My big wind chimes were banging like crazy. [smilie=th_fear8]

Maggie ~ I think the fireplace is the one thing I will miss about our old home.

Michele ~ How fun to go to the outlets! Enjoy! DH and I are going to head out in a bit to the new Home Goods store close by.

Dessa’s Bake Sale

ST Go To Sleep

ST Beauty and the Beast

Have a nice day. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Honeybear - you have a good memory! [smilie=th_c61] Dharma is one of the ones that hides. She seems to know when it is vet time - I usually have to schedule 3 apppointments before I can find her and actually get her in to be seen.

AmyJo, I have been trying to figure out what it is that does not appeal to me in that scent. It smells sort of "tart" to my nose. Those scents do not usually seem to be that way on their own, maybe the ocean and coriander are not cooperating together for me. [smilie=th_confused3]

Michele, I hope you had a wonderful shopping spree! [smilie=th_aa17]

Today it has been Scentsy - Poppy and Blush Suede. Now it is A Warm Autumn Welcome - BHG. This one is so old, the label is starting to yellow, but it still smells good!

Good morning ladies,

I hope everyone had a fine weekend. The wind finally calmed down around here, lots of branches down on the roads.

Maggie, that fireplace sounds so lovely - and Honeybear, I agree, that's one thing I miss about our old house.

Debra, I see what you mean - those are all great notes individually but blended - maybe they just don't play well together.

Michele, I hope the outlet run with your sisters was a big success. [smilie=th_ahaaha] Did you find some great sales?

Well last evening I wasn't over my spearmint fix so I pulled out:

L3 Spearmint Sugar Cookies - this is such a winner! DH liked it too so I put it in multiple melters and it's still going this morning. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

As that one dies down, I've got a tealight started:

The Bathing Garden Poisoned Apothecary - wow! 5/5 on both throw and character. This one is mulled cider and woods - perfection. Very strong and delicious. [smilie=th_LOVE]

Have a lovely Monday. (Is it really Monday??) [smilie=th_316785e4]

Good Monday morning!

My break-in happened in mid-June. I came home about 10:00pm and the second I came in through the garage entry door, something felt off. I didn't hang around...just left, got in my truck and drove away, calling the police. I was convincing myself that nothing was actually wrong and I had imagined that it wasn't right. I didn't stay long enough to actually pinpoint anything that was wrong, so of course, I started to doubt myself. In the end, police came with their dog, went through the house, came back out where my lovely neighbors had surrounded me with love and concern and told me they broke in through my master bedroom window. Threw a concrete paver through the window, sending shattered glass all over the room, bed, everything. They ransacked the bedroom and stole most of my jewelry. Looked like they did a cursory search of the rest of the house but evidently were spooked by a neighbor I didn't know well and left quickly. Neighbor wasn't sure - had a feeling it wasn't right but didn't call the police and didn't have my number to call and check with me.

Almost $10,000 in property damage and theft later, and 2 months of dealing with it, and I was just about back to normal. I never knew it would be so awful. But, that very night I felt so blessed and grateful that I wasn't there when it happened, and that I didn't walk in on them in the act.

Six days after the break-in, my 84 year old mom fell and broke her arm, so this summer was a real SUCK-FEST. Pardon my language. I'm just glad it's over, Mom is recovered, house is back to normal. Autumn....so far.....is MUCH better!

The cool, rainy weather several of you are having sounds great. We're back in the 80s and low 90s and AC is coming on. I know...boo hoo. But I'm ready for cooler weather! mini-graphics-fans-and-mills-927437.gif

You all are making me desperate to try some Blue Sugar! It's on my list now of must-gets.

Saturday I dug the remaining wax out of my pumpkin jar and saved for using in my melter. Do you all do that? This one was smoking more than usual at about 1 inch, so I gave up burning and will melt the rest of that gorgeous fall scent. And now I know how to properly store it....not in ziploc bags!

This morning I'm burning Mainstays Pumpkin Spice. Over the weekend it was Mainstays Mulled Cider, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Have a great Monday!

Gosh, Carolooni. That sounds awful! So sorry that happened! [smilie=th_empathy] I know a little about that, and also, my mom fell last summer and broke her shoulder. Only one month earlier she had a stroke. No fun. My experience with an attempted break-in was back in ‘96 when my oldest daughter was a little over a year old. The doorbell rang about 9 in the morning and I didn’t answer it because we had just woken up. It rang again and then knocking on the door, but I didn’t recognize the car in the driveway so I thought I would ignore it. He proceeded to kick the door in. I screamed at the top of my lungs and he took off. Clearly, he just thought he was going to come in and help himself to whatever it was he wanted. Terrifying time for sure!

Swanky Strawberry Lavender Cream Cake

Burning GC Birthday Cake

Have a good day!

Carolooni, what terrifying experience! :o I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'm glad your mom recovered from her broken arm. A fall is extra scary at that age.

Honeybear, what a horrible thing to have happen, especially with your baby in the house! [smilie=th_sad-1] Glad he ran off.

We had an unexpected visit from my brother in law and his wife yesterday. They were on their way to Zion and decided to swing by to see us. I don't like being caught off guard, but once I got over the shock I was hapooy to see them, of course. They stayed the night and left this morning. So glad I keep the guest bedroom and bathroom ready.

Melting Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin from Bath & Body Works.

Good Evening!

Oh my gosh Carolooni....I'm so sorry to hear that!! How scary...I'm glad you went with your gut and you are ok! I'm sure it's still unsettling and I hope with time that will go away! I'm glad your mom has healed up...I really think that when it rains it pours. So much to happen at once! Things have to get better now! ????????

Honeybear...oh my gosh!! I always wonder about not answering the door when I don't know who it is...I think about exactly what happened to you! How scary....I'm glad your scream scared him away! Maybe he will think twice next time he thinks no one is home. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Mpfand....awww...that's sweet that they came by just to surprise you. My mom was not keen about surprise visits so I know what you mean but I'm glad it worked out nicely! :)

Amy....our winds were fierce enough to blow our outdoor furniture all over the deck yesterday but not enough to break branches. I hope there wasn't a lot of damage near you. I like my little fireplace heater but I really would love a real fireplace! ????

Tonight is a VCS Autumn in Salem....a big fav!

Have a great night.

Hi All!

Carolooni-How scary! Glad you realized something was off.

Honeybear-can’t believe the guy has the nerve to park in your driveway.

Reading this I’m glad I gave an alarm and security cameras at my house. When I wake in the night I always check the cameras.

Mpfand-Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Melting VRC B.E.A. tiful from a lovely CF friend. Lovely. Thank you.

I did enjoy my trip to the outlets yesterday. I picked up a few things that were on sale.

Have a good night all!!