The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

October’s BOOtiful Scents

Happy Halloween Everybody!

We don't get any little ghosts and goblins where we live. [smilie=th_smiley-crying] Here in the country the houses are so far apart that it isn't time-efficient for the little folks to walk so far for so little return. I miss them and envy those of you - mpfand, 500 children, WOW! - who get to see all their little faces and costumes.

Thanks everybody for the advice on the clamshells. As much as I love shapes, I also love clams - so easy to open and sniff, and easy to break apart / no chopping. Looks like I don't need to repackage them after all - thanks again for the good guidance!

Maggie, that was new information for me, the trunk or treat. It doesn't sound like so much fun to me...I used to love marching up and down the streets with our haul, both when I was little and then again with our son. I wonder if the pendulum will swing back again.

Debra, I understand about being "cubed out" [smilie=th_coffeespew] but those roasted sweet potatoes sound mighty good. And the chickpeas!! I love chickpeas - were they canned? Did you just pop them on the roasting tray with some salt and oil? *must learn more about this* [smilie=th_200912104451]

Michele, you and I posted at almost the same time yesterday and I didn't see yours until just now. I see you had another wonderful pretzel scent going - that's becoming a favorite of mine. I'm glad you like your VCS box...I'm still fighting off the urge...I have too much again...

Mpfand!! Your chili and pumpkin brownies sound soooo good, I will be right over! I still can't get over how many trick-or-treaters you will have...what fun, enjoy!!

Honeybear, I see that you have been melting the CFOW Salty Sea Air sampler - this was a big favorite of mine - I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I did. Enjoy your little goblins tonight!

Susan, I'm praying for your client and hope she will have a complete recovery. Also glad you got the roof fixed so quickly.

Aria! Hello, long time! I used to be a Halloween Scrooge too. Now I love it. How is your doggie?

Hi Carolooni! I'm right there with you, love lemon scents. I don't know why that error comes about not being allowed to message. I used to get that too but I think that Maggie or Debra straightened me out.

Well last night and all day it's been the spookiest scent I know:

The Bathing Garden Charred Jack O'Lantern - pumpkin and char - I adore this scent and it is very strong and lasts forever. DH *might* be getting a little tired of it but Halloween comes but once a year.

Have a spooky, safe night everyone!

????Happy Halloween!!????

So far the doorbell only rang four times but the last one was a doozy! About 20 kids...and most of the kids this year are teens...that's a switch for us. I hope I can get rid of all of my candy this year!

Caroliooni...I don't think the private messaging works for anyone. I'm not sure why... [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Mpfand....500? Wow!

Debra...chickpeas? How interesting...I've roasted everything but I've never heard of that. Cool!

Aria...I've never been a big Halloween person...but the year after we moved here I had a block party and bought tons of decorations. Every couple of years I like to pull them out to make use of them and have a party. Christmas decorating is my REAL favorite too! ????

It's SB Dead of the Night /Witching Hour from a sweet CFf pal...thanks....a wonderful scent! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

And Spellbook Poison by My Paradox Box...smoky and dark...perfect for tonight. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Since I started typing this...an hour and a half passed...almost all of my candy is gone! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Edit...

Does it take anyone else so long to post or just me??

Amy....can you private message now? I must be more computer illiterate than I thought! Lol

Maggie sometimes it takes me forever to post! I can't find the emojis I want...i read through what everybody said and I want to reply, but then I keep forgetting what they said and have to scroll up.. scroll up...I get interrupted by cat walking on keyboard / dog wanting to be petted / DH telling long story... Then I can't remember the name of the scent that's melting and I have to look it up... Yes an hour can easily pass!!

Well I think you worked it out that I can write a message in someone's profile. I think that's not the same as the private messaging. I might be making that up, though. Somehow several of us have managed to get a hold of one another and I doubt that I caused that to happen. LOL!

mpfand - I hope you have about made it through all those trick or treaters! Wowie! 120 is my record! We don't participate with all these cats and a nervous dog. The doorbell is almost as bad as fireworks! :huh:

Chickpeas - yes, right out the can! :wub: Just like the veggies, oil, S&P, and any spice for about 20 mins.

I hope your client is doing better Susan.

I checked with some co-workers, Trunk or Treat does not appear to be common here.

Tonight it is an OOB vendor that we miss - Crosscreek, the scent is Monster Munch. [smilie=th_smilies-1] I also have Dark Candles, Crypt Moss starting up.

Good Morning All!

Hope Halloween was fun for everybody!!

We had about 60 trick or treaters here and one big unopened bag of candy from Costco left. I might just return it or eat the whole bag.

I heard of the Trunk or Treat this year too. It seems to be a big Halloween celebration in the schools but not on Halloween. I live near a school and all the Mom’s decorated their cars and parked in the lot with their trunks open. The kids went from car to car to to collect their treats. I think it’s just intended as a fun way to celebrate Halloween. It’s not meant to replace it. It gives kids another opportunity to trick or treat in case they wouldn’t get to do so if their parents work or whatever.

Debra- I used to love the Monster Munch scent from Crosscreek.

Yesterday I melted TBG Candy Corn and VCS Cotton Candy Corn. It’s not a strong scent. I smelled it a little bit not too much.

I have never been able to figure out the private messaging system. Amy and I discussed it. She even tried to show me but we couldn’t get it to work on my iPhone. I am computer illiterate though. Maybe I can get it to work on my iPad.

Have a great day all!!

Good Morning!

Everyone survived Halloween and had a good time? Sounds like it. Now we just have to survive whatever candy is leftover. t2615.gif

Thanks for all your input on the private messaging. I have a "1" on my avatar when I sign in. I've used this type of forum before and knew that meant I have a private message, but when I click on it it gives me an error that says:

[#10226] You are not allowed to use the private messaging system.

To whoever sent me that PM, I'm sorry! I'm not ignoring you! I just can't get to your message. s0717.gif

Melting one of Hanna's Pumpkin Palooza scents today - Creamy Pumpkin Butter. I think it's the best one of the bunch. Very nice!

Carolooni, try clicking on your name to go to your profile. You may be able to see a couple of "comments" that people have written there. It's not an intuitive process. [smilie=th_tease-1]