The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

July's Burst of Scents

I started the day with Cheryl's - Hawaiian Rainbow Cake / Pomegranate and YC - Eucalyptus

th_bb20.gif The power of positive thought?

Haha Jules...if only it could be Friday again!

Aria, I knew when you mentioned the spiky things that they would be plastic forks. That was the thing to do when I was in high school. My lawn got it a few times, but it's easier to clean up than TP. Not very good for the environment, though.

I'm melting CYS Gypsy Nights.

Trep, my gosh, fires sure are scary! We get 'em here sometimes and they're just awful. That's some horrid temps you guys are enduring. Did they break any records? Fingers crossed for the mercury to plummet!

[smilie=thank_you] everyone for the sweet words. I'm glad you enjoyed the video because, well, that's what it's all about! [smilie=th_snoopy]

Debra, thanks. To me, it's not hard work at all to train a dog. It's pure joy, and Hobbit would agree. He's 10 1/2 now and the silly boy would train for hours if I'd keep going. No, eye contact isn't a complex behavior to teach. There are steps you can take to get it, but I simply click (or say "Yes!") whenever the dog looks at me, then I immediately deliver a cookie.

Aria, you're so funny - and right! [smilie=th_giggle] Have fun with your little Ozzy!

Thanks again, everyone, and my apologies for hijacking our SOTD thread. I'm enjoying Can-Do's Vanilla Butter Fudge again today. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Gail

Good Afternoon.

Trep- I hope you get some wet relief soon! Fires are very frightening. Stay safe!

Aria- I loved that Key Lime Cake from Carol...whatcha think? [smilie=th_Drglar]

MaggieMae - I saw pics of the flooded roads in your state on TWC and hoped it hadn't been by U. :( Glad you're all ok!

Thanks Sweet...the damage here was massive. They declared a State of Emergency in the town next door which is where we were during the storm. I am very glad we got out when we did. It turned out to be a supercell with 65 mph winds. My school is there and I hope they didn't sustain too much damage...there is no way to contact them and we can't get into town yet. It appears that no one was injured, thank God.

Melting Fruity Floral today...

Downstairs:

McCalls Honeysuckle

Crabby Candle Cantaloupe & Lily

Upstairs:

Sweet Fixations Honeysuckle Peach..beautiful.

[smilie=th_hello]

Gosh! Lots going on here lately! I'm getting backed up on my postings...

Maggie ~ I decided the Old World Carnival was not so bad after all. Not sure I would reorder, but I definitely didn't dump it.

Sweet ~ The Fish Tacos were fabulous...breaded cod resting on soft corn tortillas with a spicy slaw and guacamole. Delish! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Aria ~ Mentioned your TP incident (with the specifics...lol) to my teenage daughters and they are certain a disgruntled girl is responsible. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] Whatever happened to good ole' "ding dong ditch"? [smilie=th_idontknow]

Puppy ~ My hubby and I watched the video and really enjoyed it. It's very clear that you are the apple of Hobbit's eye! [smilie=yes]

Using up the last four Wham's tarts today, plus a few homemade ones.

Wham's Orange Danish & Coffee

Wham's Divine Cake

Wham's Pink Prairie Kitchen

Wham's Vanilla Berry Mocha

Homemade Green Tea, Key Lime, and Raspberry Coconut Cake

Have a great day all and stay cool! It's gonna be hot here in the desert this week, but not 108! UGH, Trep! [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Good afternoon...quiet day here. I've been doing some laundry.gif today.

Melting Roasted Espresso from Swan Creek and also Mrs. Claus Cookies from HHS. The cookie scent was a gift from a veddy kind CF gal...and I love it! It's a scent you could melt any time of year even though the name is Christmas-y! I would order this one again! Thanks CF buddy! 17916.gif

Can't believe I forgot to mention this... When I took Ozzy to the vet last Thursday, he said that Ozzy smelled like snickerdoodle cookies! ththlaughter.gif I'm pretty sure I was melting a ZB scent that day! Just sayin'....

honeybear, it very well could have been a girl or girls who "decorated" our front lawn! DS isn't really into the "girl" thing yet...he's too geeky...lol. However, there are a few girls in the neighborhood...so ya never know! We used to ring doorbells and run too...except we had a very non-PC term for it.

Maggie, I love Key Lime Cake! I think I like it because it's not as strong as some lime scents I've tried. I like the bakery note. It was the last piece of a big cake tart I had. Re-order! I think Carol is reopening this week...maybe Wednesday??? Sorry to hear about all the storm damage. It always happens so quickly and takes so much time to clean up.

See you all later....

th_sHellobar.gif

I am melting Sugar Cookie Brulee from Aunt Nena's :) DH had taken last week off from work and it was so nice to have him home. I am bummed Monday came again so quickly.

trep - Fires sure are scary :( Those temps are crazy, I hope you get lots of rain soon!

Maggie - How frightening! I hope there wasn't a lot of damage done.

Aria - My DS is also geeky and doesn't like to say much about girls ;) I am sure I am blissfully ignorant with things regarding girls and everything that goes along with it, but that is ok for now th_pardon.gif Our neighborhood when I was a kid also did the knock and run thing.....also had a very not nice name for it.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Thanks, everyone, for your concerns about our hot and dry weather. We have broken all records here this summer and no relief is in sight. We have had shallow cloud cover today and are still at 104 which is nuts. I feel on edge all the time. This afternoon it has been Scentsationals Vanilla Bean.

Hey all...

Earlier scents still had a lot of life left but needed a change...

Butterfly Lane Coconut Cream Cookies

Dream Tarts Apricot Butter Cake

WAHM Serendipity

Smells amazing in here... [smilie=th_avatar_4219]

Can't believe I forgot to mention this... When I took Ozzy to the vet last Thursday, he said that Ozzy smelled like snickerdoodle cookies! ththlaughter.gif I'm pretty sure I was melting a ZB scent that day! Just sayin'....

Aria - [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] That's so funny! Did U bust out laughing or look sheepish?

Trep - I understand how you'd feel uneasy. IDK, but the weather across the US has seemed so abnormal this last year. I hope you get a good steady, light rain soon!

I'm melting CFTKR's Lemon Lava Cake. Soooo good! [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Poppin' in before bedtime to post my melties -

An old one - (anyone remember Bad Kitti?) - Relax and Scentsationsal's Green Apple.

[smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

This morning I discovered I had left my Instant Wood (Universal Voodoo) melting for the last two days straight in my workout room...it was still scenting the room from two clamshell cubes! I started it 'cuz I was going to work out and then never got around to it until today!

Yesterday afternoon I started Butterfly Fields (LSC) and it was a really nice fresh "grass" scent for a few hours. I started it up again this morning but it isn't the same so I'll be changing it soon.

Also have Chocolate Covered Strawberries (FP) going...very fudgy/chocolatey!

coffe_cup-1.gif Good morning friends...

Melting Tropical ZB from CFTKR today...yummy

Aria - [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] That's so funny! Did U bust out laughing or look sheepish?

Sweet, actually I did laugh just a bit! Then, as soon as we got in the car, I sniffed Ozzy! LOL! I couldn't detect the cookie smell, but I guess I am just used to the smell from melting all the time.

Getting ready to make blueberry pancakes for breakfast

Have a great day and happy melting

Rose: Instant Wood sounds like an interesting scent. I haven't ordered from UV before. Do you have any favorites from there? I'm melting my last TDC Rustic Lodge today. This is a great scent and I need to reorder. School started today in our township, so the buses are running. Time to run a couple of errands so y'all have a great day...ssshopping.gif

Aria...too funny about Ozzy's great smell! :)

Roserent...Doncha love when that happens? It just keeps going and going....

Katz....WOW...school already??

Put on Shorties Blackberry Bliss & Violet and Teakwood last night and its still smelling good so I'll leave it for now.

Have a good one. :)

NEWS FLASH--it actually has been raining a bit here today. We got about 2/10" and it is still kind of sprinkling. [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack It doesn't really help the drought, of course, but it is keeping the temp down a bit and it was just wonderful to see rain after so long. Hopefully, we will start getting some real rain and things can get back to normal. They say if the clouds don't stay around for tomorrow we could hit 111. I sure hope that doesn't happen.

For my afternoon melt it is Scentsationals Care Package.

Katz--school here doesn't start until the 16th but some start the 9th so I guess it is getting to be that time again.

Yea!!! Trep..that is good news!!! :)

Changed the scents...

Tried Chicks Dig It from Haley's Heavenly Scents but it was not for me.

Switched to:

Ma Petite Cheri from Haley's Heavenly Scents...much better.

Upstairs:

Ancient Incense from LSC...a big fav.

Have a good one. :)

Rose: Instant Wood sounds like an interesting scent. I haven't ordered from UV before. Do you have any favorites from there? I'm melting my last TDC Rustic Lodge today. This is a great scent and I need to reorder. School started today in our township, so the buses are running. Time to run a couple of errands so y'all have a great day...ssshopping.gif

School already! wow - my kids are in college so don't start for about another month...

anyway, Instant Wood is an amazing scent but, unfortunately, is no longer being made :(. Ingredient not available, I think UV said. Teakwood and Cardamom and Crackling Birch (both from CBV) are reminiscent of it, though...not exactly the same and not quite as strong or long-lasting. UV's Incensual is similar, also; this is no longer available as a tart from UV but you can get it in perfume oil...it's fabulous :).

I changed my office melter to Apple Zucchini (CFTKR) - good one and not too strong (but strong enough :)).