The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Celebrating our "Scentipendance" with...

I had to go to the ER in the middle of the night for a UTI so I'm not feeling very well. I am also really tired since I only got a couple hours of sleep. I need to go to work soon so I won't be home most of the day, but the family chose Honeydew Melon from Candle Haven to melt.

You guys are the best! I hadn't thought about pouring out the hot wax. Thanks so much for all your suggestions. I've gotten tarts from 3 different vendors so far and the wax is all very different. The wax that wouldn't come out was from maximum scented - I'm not sure I really like their tarts. Carol's wax I can get out with a little bit of work, and Shorties just smooshes out. I obviously have no experience with tarts and thought they would all be the same. Lesson learned...

Cactus & Sea Salt sounds wonderful - I've got to order that.

Today I'm burning Carol's 'Clean'. Great throw, but a little strong for me. Should have gone with half a tart.

(still lol at 'tart hormones'!)

Hope you are feeling better mp!

Today is Nessa's Juniper Breeze. Tried in the 15w melter - nada. Poured into the tealight melter and have better results!

Also, McCarley's Blueberry muffin in the laundry room today and Angel Scented High Maintenance in the BR.

Melting Cactus & Sea Salt from grazia. Love this scent from any vendor. Its a keeper! You are all putting me in the mood for some Christmas scents. I must go thru my stash. Chestnuts and Brown Sugar sounds good to me.

Have a great weekend to all! :P

Renee

Renee - I agree about the Cactus & Sea Salt scent. I've tried it from several vendors and it is always good.

Mp...hope you're feeling better....sorry you had to go to work! I've got a variety of tarts from Swedescents going...one is niagara falls...can't remember the others!

My High Maintenance is just that! :P I have dumped it out of my tealight melter and into a 24w, placed it in a smaller room. I won't give up! Yet.

Added House of Soy's Blue Nile. These are the oddest looking tarts, but they usually have a very strong throw.

(and I love cactus & seasalt, too!)

strawberry jam in the living room

blackberry brandy in the bedroom

sweet melon in the kitchen and green house in another bedroom

and lemon lavender in a bathroom

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Guest stardustgirl

Candle-licious Strawberry Daiquiri in the bathroom. I have the fan going in here but figured if it was as strongly scented as they claimed it would easily waft in here - and it does!

Had to get into that Cranberry stuff from Carol- So I have Cranberry Peppermint and Cranberry Banana Jam on! Wow! The scents are right up my alley! Loving it!

I hope everyone is feeling better and there are no waxidents happening today!

Off to eat that roast I made for dinner!

Mpfand - Feel better!!! I've never had one but my friend gets them a lot and I know from her how terrible they are. Take care of yourself and be sure to spoil yourself tonight with some great scents!

I have Buttered Maple Oats melting tonight! What a great scent! I also melted Cranberry Zuzu and Pumpkin Vanilla today. Today was a great smelling day over here.

Guest Anonymous

mpfand - hope you're feeling lots better and get a good night's sleep tonight!

This evening's melt is LOL's lemon buttercream. Love it! :P

Guest Anonymous

Tonight I'm melting some new goodies from Carol...

Whole Wheat Bread and Tropcial Green Apple.

LLVV - how was the whole wheat bread? Some bread scents are good, others are 'eh'. Nene's has one I love! If you've tried hers, is Carol's similar to it?

Back from vacation and glad to be home!

Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper - Cozy Cottage. One of my favorites.

Amish Harvest - Angie's. Really like this, moderate scent throw. Perfect fall scent.

Emerald Sea - Bloomwick. Nice ocean type scent, not too strong and not perfumey. Moderate scent throw.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Amish Harvest - Angie's. Really like this, moderate scent throw. Perfect fall scent.

Emerald Sea - Bloomwick. Nice ocean type scent, not too strong and not perfumey. Moderate scent throw.

cyn... hope you had a wonderful time!

This evening I put Almond Biscotti from CFTKR in, not as strong as her Almond Pastry, but very nice! Twigs N Berries from Nene's in my new plug-in ceramic burner in my sunroom. This is a great scent, too!

mpfand, I hope you are feeling better!

Good night! :P

Sharon

cyn... hope you had a wonderful time!

Thanks, Fleur. We really did have fun. I'm really glad for the girls, because even though they were dog-tired, they seemed to have a blast. It was fun watching them have fun. And I got to read several chapters in my book! :P Very glad to be home, though.

Welcome back, Cyn! Glad to hear you had a good time.

When I got home from work I was greeted with the wonderful scent of Honeydew Melon. Since it's still going strong, I'm just going to leave it for the rest of the evening. I'm too tired to mess with the melters, anyway. Thank you all for the well wishes. The pain pills got me through the day and I'm sure I'll be feeling a lot better after a good night's sleep. I don't have to work tomorrow so I can sleep in.

cbgirl - I loved Whole Wheat Bread. I'm not sure how it compares to Nene's bread scent because I usually don't care for bread scents and usually stay away from them. Someone once gave me a whole wheat bread tart from another candlemaker and I really enjoyed it so I said what the heck and tried Carol's. That being said, Carol's doesn't really smell like bread. It smells more like a buttery croissant. It's very sweet and buttery but doesn't have a yeast or wheat smell to it so I loved it! She also has a regular bread scent that I don't care for but if you're into bread scents you may like it because it smells authentic. It has a real french bread baking in the oven smell but for some odd reason I don't like to smell bread baking (not even the real stuff). I love to eat it, hate to smell it.

LLVV ~ I find that if a vendor's scent is really good, and it is something I like to eat, I love it in a candle or tart. If it is a real favorite of mine to eat, the vendor's scent better be extra good. I love blueberry muffins, but I haven't found a vendor yet on that one that I think is really good.

I'm melting Sugar n Spice Lemon Pound cake, and it is pretty good. Not one of my top favorite baking scents, but I still give it about an 8 on a 1-10 scale. It's better than most of the other ones I have tried.