The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

sophie-au

Hi from another Australian

Hi everyone.

I'm originally from Perth in Western Australia, though I'm currently living in Sydney.

I've been addicted to fragrance and candles for many years.

The availability of scented candles in Australia is pretty poor. The only brick-and-mortar candle retailer is dusk, which is great, but limited compared to what most of you can get. Also, the shipping is a killer, especially for container candles, so every once in a while I buy a bunch of tarts online.

IIRC, Yankee Candle has recently opened here, but like Tania said, $4 for a tart is typical.

Scent-wise I'll pretty much try anything, but I especially love oceanic/marine, citrus and green scents.

I have tried making my own candles, but only to use up waste wax. (To melt it, I use an old electric rice cooker that lost its teflon coating.)

Sophie

Hi Sophie in the land of the "Race That Stops An Nation"... the Melbourne Cup!!

I am very new the the Candlefind forum, too. Yankee Candle tarts for $4.00!! Boy, that is expensive!!

'Black Caviar' will be racing @ Flemington tonight & I will be watching.

ColetteMarie