The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
funnybone

Cheryl's

It has been a while since I have ordered from Cheryl's. I LOVE bakery, fruity, pink sugar blends, and VBN blends. I would LOVE to have some recommendations of some strong scents from Cheryl's.

Thank you so much... [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

It took me ages to get through Cheryls scent list, but I finally did and my wish list is HUMONGOUS!!

Do any of you fans know if she has sales?

[smilie=th_thsignA]

Yes, her scent list it HUGE!

Laurie- I know she offers special sales to those who sign up for her newsletter. :) Hope that helps!

Yep Laurie - well worth it to go through her list over a pot of coffee :lol: - that thing is a goldmine! And as melly said, she does monthly sales for her newsletter subscribers. Some of them work for me, some don't - depends on what I'm looking to stock up on when I run low on her tarts. I scored that great deal on BOGO pumpkin tarts last month via her newsletter - think it was 108 tarts for $38 shipped. Her shipping is way up there, but there are times when you can get more bang for your buck w/her sales.

funnybone - I think you're safe no matter what you order from your scent likes :) I haven't gotten a dud in the 3 or 4 years I've been ordering from her as far as throw goes - no lie. Cheryl's faves of mine are Violet & Birch, Calabrian Bergamot & Violet (neither are floral, believe it or not :lol:) Agava Tequiliana Cacao (a beautifully complex Jo Malone perfume dupe w/out smelling like perfume), Grandpa's Pipe, Snuggle Wild Orchid Vanilla, Rocky Mountain Christmas, and Coconut Milk & Lavender. I order other scents from her that are popular on other vendors scent lists, but that's because I can't get enough of them no matter who I order from - in most cases, they use the same fragrance oil anyway!

Let us know what you came up with, and I'm especially interested in her Pink Sugar blends myself! I've never ordered any from her because I have LOADS of them from other vendors :lol: so I'm curious to see how hers fare.

Yep Laurie - well worth it to go through her list over a pot of coffee :lol: - that thing is a goldmine! And as melly said, she does monthly sales for her newsletter subscribers. Some of them work for me, some don't - depends on what I'm looking to stock up on when I run low on her tarts. I scored that great deal on BOGO pumpkin tarts last month via her newsletter - think it was 108 tarts for $38 shipped. Her shipping is way up there, but there are times when you can get more bang for your buck w/her sales.

funnybone - I think you're safe no matter what you order from your scent likes :) I haven't gotten a dud in the 3 or 4 years I've been ordering from her as far as throw goes - no lie. Cheryl's faves of mine are Violet & Birch, Calabrian Bergamot & Violet (neither are floral, believe it or not :lol:) Agava Tequiliana Cacao (a beautifully complex Jo Malone perfume dupe w/out smelling like perfume), Grandpa's Pipe, Snuggle Wild Orchid Vanilla, Rocky Mountain Christmas, and Coconut Milk & Lavender. I order other scents from her that are popular on other vendors scent lists, but that's because I can't get enough of them no matter who I order from - in most cases, they use the same fragrance oil anyway!

Let us know what you came up with, and I'm especially interested in her Pink Sugar blends myself! I've never ordered any from her because I have LOADS of them from other vendors :lol: so I'm curious to see how hers fare.

Last year I did order her plain Pink Sugar. It was OK but not as good as some of the other vendors I have tried. I will let you know when I try some of her PS blends.

Did anyone mention Cheryl's "garage sale" tarts as she used to call them? She has a section of premaid tarts that are about fifty cents - some are not real long lasting, but they give you an opportunity to sniff before you buy big!

She will also work really hard to dupe a scent for you if needed! [smilie=th_ahaaha]

Hi funnybone! [smilie=th_wave] Sorry, just seeing this now. [smilie=th_pardon] Some of my favs from Cheryl are - GingerBread Applesauce, Plumberry Spice, Nostalgia, Pumpkin Vanilla Cream, Vanilla Pods, Harvest Spice & Apple, Lemon Drop Cookies, Creamy Chai, Christmas Wish, Autumn Toddy, Lemon Sweet Sugar. All of these were good & strong for me. Luv Cheryl's scents/products! :wub:

why is her shipping so high? does she not utilize flat rate boxes+

Ilove - For me, she's on the west coast, and I'm on the east coast, so my orders usually ship for about $9.00, sometimes a little more if it's a larger order. [smilie=th_cha40] But, you're in the same state as her, right? So, I'm thinking the shipping may be lower 4 U. The best way to find out is to email and ask her. Cheryl's SO nice - she'll help U any way she can! [smilie=th_200912104451]

I live on the East Coast and Cheryl's is in California. I find her shipping charges are just a little higher but not much. Maybe $1.00 to $2.00 more than others. Her tarts are sooo good and strong and I do not mind paying just a little higher shipping costs. Although I do most of my tart buying from free shipping entailers. [smilie=th_smilies-1]

I am on Cheryl's newsletter list but have not ordered from her yet. Looks like I will be ordering from her in January. Do ya'll think her tarts are strong? I know Laurie likes strong tarts. I am not a bakery person so I would be looking at her other types of scents.

I am on Cheryl's newsletter list but have not ordered from her yet. Looks like I will be ordering from her in January. Do ya'll think her tarts are strong? I know Laurie likes strong tarts. I am not a bakery person so I would be looking at her other types of scents.

Same here, ToBe - I am on her newsletter but have never ordered. I did go through her scent list awhile back, and as a fellow bakeryphobe, I still found a TON of great sounding scents. Any particular reason you're planning a January order? Was there something in her newsletter about a sale then? I'll have to go back and look.

I think others have posted that her tarts are pretty strong. I really do want to try them.

Nope, I don't know anything more than you do. I just figured I will need to order some new scents in January and I might just give her a try. If she does have a good sale, then I will definitely place a somewhat small order just to check her out. If I do, I will keep you posted.

What type of tarts do you order from Cheryl's that are the strongest?

I wrote to her about what wax was in her various tarts and the reply was that most of our tarts are in parasoy, but can be poured in all Paraffin by request. The melt cups are poured with 100% soy and so are the clamshells, but also can be poured with a Parasoy if so desired. Rocky Mountain Tart cups have chunks of parasoy with 100% soy poured over.

I want to order individual tarts to try scents but I don't know if I should order tarts (parasoy) or melt cups (100% soy).

Any experience/advice?

I had a hard time getting the soy wax out of the tart cups. The wax was very soft and I needed to scrape/squeeze the wax out. I probably should have refrigerated them for easier use, but didn't. Parasoy would be a harder consistency and may be easier to pop into a melter. I like her scalloped tarts and the Rocky Mountain cups more than the soy cups. I didn't notice a difference in throw between the different waxes. Shipping cost was on the high side for me on the East coast, so I'll wait for a shipping sale in the future.

Grammy's Strawberry Jam, Huckleberry, Cornbread Muffins, and Cannibis Santiva are a few of my favorites. Customer service was great. I had lots of communication and updates on my order without even having to ask.

Thank you so much, Juletones, for the advice and recommendations! I also need to wait for a shipping special. I have a big wish list to try...the Jo Malone dupes are calling out to me.

I wrote to her about what wax was in her various tarts and the reply was that most of our tarts are in parasoy, but can be poured in all Paraffin by request. The melt cups are poured with 100% soy and so are the clamshells, but also can be poured with a Parasoy if so desired.

Roserent - I wrote to Cheryl about the same thing just this week, too. [smilie=yes] I've gotten her tart cups in the past and just saw the soy ones mentioned on her site, and she answered the same as she did to U - she can make them in any wax preferred...soy, parasoy blend or paraffin. I've gotten her cups & clams in soy and they were fine, but I prefer a parasoy blend or even paraffin. Since she'll pour whatever wax you'd like, might be a good idea to try some scents in each type wax to see which one you prefer. Her scents and customer service are exceptional - luv ordering from her! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr I've been making a list ever since U posted about the Vanilla Anise scent. [smilie=th_pardon] Is it perfumey? If it is, off the list it goes... :wacko:

Thanks, sweet&spiceygirl! I think the parasoy sounds really good.

I didn't think the Vanilla Anise was perfumey at all! Pretty unique so I can't describe it! I love so many Jo Malone scents - most are not perfumey, even the ones that sound like they would be. I've tried several Jo Malone dupes from other vendors and some are very close to the original but a lot are not. They are difficult to dupe, I think...but worth trying since the real stuff is soooo $$$$$$$$$.

are there any other "must-haves" to put on my wish list? ? :) :)

Roserent - Some reorders that I usually get are Creamy Cinnamon Chai, Honey Gingerbread, Sweet Lemon Sugar, Nostalgia, Lemon Drop Cookies, Spiced Pumpkin Nectar, Plumberry Spice, Banana Walnut Cake, Vanilla Pods. She also has some great Christmas scents, but it's a little early for those. [smilie=th_pardon]

Roserent - Some reorders that I usually get are Creamy Cinnamon Chai, Honey Gingerbread, Sweet Lemon Sugar, Nostalgia, Lemon Drop Cookies, Spiced Pumpkin Nectar, Plumberry Spice, Banana Walnut Cake, Vanilla Pods. She also has some great Christmas scents, but it's a little early for those. [smilie=th_pardon]

Thanks so much!! Those sound goooood.

Cheryl's is either one or 51 "likes" away from a free shipping special on her facebook page...waiting, waiting, .....