The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

June's Summertime Scents

Guest Anonymous

Nothing at all today. We were out running errands for most of the day and evening.

I put on a yankee candle in the bathroom. It smelled terrible in here for some reason. Maybe because I live with a house full of boys. lol

This candle is stinky too. I used to like it but it's not doing anything for me so I snuffed it out. It's an old YC sent called Home Again.

Cat, that's a great estimate! Love the new avatar.

Burning some candles this evening - Mulberry Wine (Sugar & Spice), Hot Apple Pie (Northern Maine), and Pink Champagne (Pure Scents).

They all sound good - How does the Sugar & Spice candle perform? I have only ordered tarts from there but I've been contemplating a jar.....

I am impressed with the candle from Sugar & Spice. It burns evenly and cleanly. I'm getting a good scent throw, but not super strong. I think it's because it's the wrong size jar in the guest bedroom. I'm going to move it to a different room tomorrow and see if I get a better throw.

Today it's YC Su n & Sand in both tart warmers. It smelled great with a cold whiff of it, but once in the melters, I CAN'T smell a thing! I'm so bummed, this seemed like such a great scent. Anyone else not getting any luck with this scent?

:lol:

I get a pretty good throw with this one. I've melted it several times and could smell it.

Tonight I am melting YC's Chocolate Cupcake. Maybe my sniffer is off, but I can barely smell this one. I had high hopes after Nancy recommended it and I thought the cold sniff was great, but I honestly can barely smell this one in my LR. I will try it again as it is possible I just got a dud, but for now, this is my least favorite so far from the new YC scents.

Good Morning!

Hi trep... you and I seem to be the early birds! Although my family sleeps in on the weekends... I am so used to my routine... I usually get up at my regular time... it is nice and quiet here... I can take my time and relax a little before the bustle of the weekend starts!

I plugged in the new melter this morning. I am melting LOL's Lemon Buttercream... it is a big tart. This new melter has a low wide bowl... I think it will be good for the larger tarts... so far so good!

Have a great Saturday everyone! :lol:

Good Morning!

Hi trep... you and I seem to be the early birds! Although my family sleeps in on the weekends... I am so used to my routine... I usually get up at my regular time... it is nice and quiet here... I can take my time and relax a little before the bustle of the weekend starts!

I plugged in the new melter this morning. I am melting LOL's Lemon Buttercream... it is a big tart. This new melter has a low wide bowl... I think it will be good for the larger tarts... so far so good!

Have a great Saturday everyone! :cry:

I am always up early, even on Sat--like you--I am too used to the routine. Sounds like that melter may be a winner--enjoy it.

Good morning!

I'm not sure what else I'll melt/burn, but I am determined to finish my Sage & Citrus candle from Scented Specialties today.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Good morning, everyone! My 3 year old woke me up early this morning by climbing into bed with dh and I for a cuddle. I love when he does that! I know that soon, he'll be too "cool" to cuddle with mom anymore, so I'll take all the early mornings that he'll give me.

Nancy - I love, love, love stargazer lily. It smells amazing!

This morning, it's olive blossom from missy's tempting tarts in the computer room, and pomegranate martini from mtt in the living room. I haven't started the other melters yet, but I'll get around to it soon.

Have a great day, all!

Guest Anonymous

Happy Saturday, all! I'm boring today so far - burning my PI Pomegranate candle again for work....Lately I'm just finding the candle easier first thing in the morning than dealing with melters. I just like to have the candlelight and a little scent to lift my spirits when I'm up at 4 a.m. to work while the house is still quiet......

I'll be re-starting the PI Lime Spritzer in the electric from last night in a bit......

bubble gum in kids rooms

baby powder in laundry room

fresh laundry and downy in living room

lovespell in bedroom

i'm about to change some of them out.

Guest Anonymous

Lost my electric last evening and had quite the mix of candles going .... YC spiced

pumpkin, Angie's sugar cookie and Old Virginia triple layer - I think it was on the spiced

apple one. It all blended pretty well. Thank goodness for candles! :cry:

Now that I have my melter back, doing Nene's white almond biscotti. Yummmmm

We finally have some sunshine out here on the west coast! Still cool, but at least not raining.

Today:

Rainwater and mint - Gold Canyon candle - powder room

Apple Crisp - Lighhouse (OOB) family room

Lemon custard - Bella - laundry

Cranberry simmer oil - master bath

Guest Anonymous

Changed scents for the day - Spotted Hog's Pomegranate downstairs and upstairs Salty Sea Air from Pure Scents - A surprisingly wonderful scent! I'm finding excuses to go into my bedroom just to smell the air [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Changed scents for the day - Spotted Hog's Pomegranate downstairs and upstairs Salty Sea Air from Pure Scents - A surprisingly wonderful scent! I'm finding excuses to go into my bedroom just to smell the air [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Pure Scents is a new-to-me company that I am enjoying. I really like my jar candles in Citrus Linen and Pink Champagne. I'm making a note to try Salty Sea Air next time!

For the evening I am trying out Crosscreek Sweet Berry Delites--cold it has a strong cherry scent so we will see what it is like melted. Have a great evening everyone.

Update--the Sweet Berry Delites is very good and I have added a Crosscreek Cherry Smoothie in the upstairs bath. It is nice and fruity here.

Good morning, everyone! My 3 year old woke me up early this morning by climbing into bed with dh and I for a cuddle. I love when he does that! I know that soon, he'll be too "cool" to cuddle with mom anymore, so I'll take all the early mornings that he'll give me.

Nancy - I love, love, love stargazer lily. It smells amazing!

This morning, it's olive blossom from missy's tempting tarts in the computer room, and pomegranate martini from mtt in the living room. I haven't started the other melters yet, but I'll get around to it soon.

Have a great day, all!

Heidi--you are very wise to cherish those cuddly moments. They grow up so fast and these days won't ever come again.