The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Ex-Sept-ional scents for September

Good morning,

Since my Yankee votives came in, I need to decide on a trio to blend today. Meanwhile:

Bizzy B - Patriotic layer jar

CFTKR - something Maple Zucchini Bread

CYS - Butterscotch Peaches & Cream Cake

Sweet, what the heck does Mahogany Spice smell like? Interesting name for sure!

Puppy - here's the description - Mahagany Spice..the rich, exotic fragrance of African Mahogany wood, warmed by a unique blend of Tunisian spices takes your mind to far away places

I like spice and luv the smell of fresh sawed wood, but this one just wasn't for me. Maybe it was the mahogany? Next trip to the lumber yard, I'll be sure to sniff that one. Yeah....right....[smilie=th_foolish1]

CFTKR - something Maple Zucchini Bread

Jules - that's Carol's Buttercream Maple Zucchini Bread, one of my faves. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] And I don't smell any maple in it - do U?

I'm burning Slatkin's Pumpkin Patch candle on this wonderfully cool morning.

Everyone have a great weekend! [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

Trep: I have done the very same thing before..the holders do get very hot...ouch....We are getting some sprinkles today and the temp is 66, Fall is in the air.

This morning I am burning 2 candles from the Colonial haul, Tibetian Sandalwood and Mountain Birch.I lit the sandalwood yesterday and it is very nice, not overpowering like some sandalwood scents. . I just started the Mountain Birch in my small bathroom, so I report on this one later.

I will be watching 9/11 remembrances today. I always feel that this coverage humbles me and reminds me of what a great country we live in.

Trep~ Sorry to hear about the burn...but glad it didn't start a fire or anything!

Melting:

Fresh Picked Strawberries and Watermelon cuttable muffin...very summery but so nice and sweet!

Beautiful day outside...[smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

I think I might drag out the rest of my autumn decorations this weekend, as it is finally starting to seem like fall around here to me. It is still warm today, but pleasantly so, and the night air is getting quite chilly. I'm so over summer!

I've got Haley's Spice of the Forest in my melter right now. It's a really nice, fresh fall scent that I received as a freebie from a past order.

Good afternoon...I've been trying to catch up on housework...ugh, it just never ends. Also trying to pick out some paint colors for the bedrooms. Now that the weather has cooled down, it's painting season again!

This afternoon's melt is McCall's Trick or Treat. DS#1 came downstairs and said "I swear I smell black licorice." How's that for an authentic scent?? It's smelling really good on this cloudy, somewhat rainy day.

86533.gif Have a nice afternoon

Jules - that's Carol's Buttercream Maple Zucchini Bread, one of my faves. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] And I don't smell any maple in it - do U?

That's the scent name. It's on the bag, but I was too lazy to get up and check. I'm so bad.

How funny. I don't smell any maple at all. I would have guess Vanilla Z Bread. It IS good, and I like the little sliced bread shape. Cute!

More Dark Candles votives today, along with Front Porch melt - Prairie Kitchen.

Cazy4scents, Sorry for getting back to you so late. I always buy the 22oz. jars of Candleberry candles. I did not realize you have to order two of the cake tarts, I agree that's a lot of money if you don't know your going to like it or not.

I guess I was spoiled with the gift shop, she had so many different scents to choose from and no minimum amount. She would always have a tart melting and a large jar going in the same scent. You could smell it out in the street.

I'm sorry to say I have never tried Gold Canyon, but I want to. I just don't like ordering candles not knowing if I will like the scent.

Just burning a couple of candles today Village Candle Mulled Cider. It's ok but not the scent I thought it was going to be. I'm glad I only paid $7.99 at Marshalls for it. I also used my head this shopping trip instead of buying several from the same vendor I only bought one to try. Has anyone used Village Candles before and if so are any of them strong?

Hello!

I have the Mahogony Spice tart too. I bought it because it sounded interesting. I haven't tried it yet but will soon. Whenever a scent isn't a bakery or fruit scent I always have to build up the courage to melt it. Maybe tomorrow I'll melt this one.

This afternoon I'm melting Angel Food Cake again and Autumn Wreath (from Carol, not Yankee and it's better than Yankee's).

My afternoon melt was LunaBleu's Birthday Cake, from a CF friend. Absolutely edible! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] Not like the typical BC scent, but then I remembered she does B&B besides waxies, so the scent has to be good for both. And it is....it is! [smilie=th_bounce] This has lots of sweet frosting on top of the cake. [smilie=th_cc15]

Have now put on Nene's Fall Festival to end the day. Got a bag of this last fall and it smells just as good now as it did then. Another winner! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Sweet, thanks for the Mahogany Spice description. Your comment on the lumber yard made me laugh!

Trep, thanks for the caution about votives. I'm glad you're not badly injured.

I've been melting CCCC Strawberry Patch today. It's very good and perfect for the company I've had this morning and afternoon. They've gone home and now I'm rushing to get ready for my DD's going away party. She's an RN and will be working in the cardiac cath lab up in San Francisco until at least the beginning of January. I miss her already, but she's really excited!

Happy weekend, everyone!

Gail

It was a beautiful day! Enjoyed the last bit of summer on the boat and DH cooked us a great dinner. Now I am relaxing with a glass of wine and am melting CFTKR Harvest Zucchini Bread. [smilie=th_fabulous1] All of Carol's Zucchini blends have been wonderful. In the BR I am melting AMS White Tea. This one is strong. Burning YC Coconut Bay (trying to finish this one up) and also burning YC Farmer's Market.

Gail~ What an important & wonderful job your DD has!!! I wish her well but I know you will miss her to pieces!!

Michele~ Sounds like a fabulous day!! Enjoy your relaxing eve!!

Melting:

Orange Cream Cupcake from Carol...This one smelled like lemon the minute I put it on that I thought I was loosing my mind...as it turns out, it does have lemon and citrus in it...I was expecting Orange Creamsicle! In any event, it's super!

Nothing burning or melting today. th_Cry.gif

I've capped my open jars and cleared the melters.

We're hosting a birthday celebration for my MIL who is prone to scent headaches. We'll BBQ some chicken and enjoy the day together. Lots of family, laughs, and hugs. It's a very good trade off. th_aa17.gif

Enjoy your Sunday, y'all.

Good morning!

This morning I'm melting Carol's Caramel Velvet Crunch...so far, so yummy! I'm hoping to get over to YC this afternoon to see if they have the new Christmas scents out.

[smilie=The_Hi] Good Morn'in All!!

Jules, sounds like a wonderful day with good people!!! At least you can melt like crazy when it's all over. Enjoy!!! (...and OMG..LOVE your avatar!!!)

Melting on this rainy, yucky day...but we DO need it...haven't seem this wet stuff in a LONG time...

BG's Vanilla Caramel Creme Cookie.... [smilie=yes]