The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

MaggieMae

August's Amazing Aromas

This weekend we had going Mainstays pumpkin spice and cinnamon rolls candles going. The 1.00 jars do a pretty good job. 8) So when I am low on funds,its fun to get 5 different scented jars and it makes me just as good as buying a big name brand.

Just wished that kept coming out with new scents all the time though.

Today we are melting LOL cookie jar.

Jason, good to see you posting. I've been wondering where you've been. [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

Sharonana, "teenie weenie unnawears" is hilarious! [smilie=th_justcuz_goodpost]

Crazy, $1.00 jars? That's [smilie=th_200912104451] I need to go check out Mainstays!

I'm melting Indian Summer from Haley's. It took a looonnng time to melt in my 20 watt melter and is still not 100% liquid. I should probably get a 24 watter or cut these big 2 ouncer babies in half. It's a nice fruity scent with a medium throw.

Have a happy Monday, everyone!

Gail

Hi everyone!!!! Haven't been posting much lately. Getting ready for school, and lots of soccer going on. DD had a tournament on Saturday and Sunday, she scored the game winning goal for her to team to make it to the finals, but lost in the finals in a shootout! This week she has "Hell Week" 3 hours of training for school soccer in the morning, then another 3 in the evening. Its crazy. Hoping to get a little last minute shopping in this weekend, and get to the $1 tarts sale at YC.

LLVV, still praying for your Dad, you and your whole family!!!! I have to run to Old Navy and try those jeans. I've lost 20 lbs in the last 3 months, and I don't have one pair of jeans that fit. Gotta get something!

Denny, part time work is sooo nice. Hopefully it won't too much of a crimp in your smellie spending!

Aria, Glad you had a wonderful vacation, where did you go??

Last nights melting started with CFTKR Bear Claws...Ugh!!! I really only go for very few bakery scents, this was out of control bakery and sooooo freakin strong. I love strong but not in this sort of scent. Nothing negative on Carol, I love everything I order from her, I must have gotten this as a sample or in a trade or something.

Have a wonderful day!!!!

Just switched scents for the afternoon...now have Coconut Lime Verbena from Blue Gecko melting...packs quite a punch! [smilie=th_laughing]

sillys, that soccer practice sounds brutal! We spent some time on Lake Michigan, went to an amusement park/waterpark, and visited a few lighthouses. ITA about Bear Claw...cannot do that scent from any vendor...too strong for me. OMG...YC has $1 tarts??!!!!! [smilie=th_cha66] [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

Gail, sometimes even the 24 watt melters take awhile to melt those huge tarts! I find that once they melt and are given a chance to really heat up, they smell wonderful! [smilie=th_justcuz_goodpost]

Off to do some back to school shopping with the boys...TTFN! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Hi all! Aria, YC's $1 tart/votive sale starts Wednesday and goes through Labor Day weekend. I've heard this is an in-store sale, so you can also print off the $15 off $45 coupon, and really go crazy!

Crazy4scents, I sniffed Mainstays Cinnamon Roll at Wal-Mart the other day, and was surprised how good it smelled cold! So you think it has a pretty good throw? May have to grab one next time I'm there!

Today just a remelt of Slatkin & Co's Pumpkin Patch so far. What an amazing throw this one had! Calmed down a bit for the second tealight, but still smelling good. Have a great day!

Jason, I LOVE Indonesian Ginger. I am trying to make my last jar stretch out!

And on the Mainstays? I have one that is Cranberry Orange, I think, and that little guy has a good throw for a buck!

Today is CBV - Paradise Bay

Sillys, soccer sounds so fun and so tough too! Ah, the drama of sports! [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

Aria, thanks for the feedback on the big tarts in the warmer. This one never did completely melt for me. Next time I'll try to remember to cut it in half.

I'm melting CCCC's Caribbean and it is OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD!!! Yep, absolutely [smilie=th_justcuz_goodpost].

Gail

Melting:

Wisteria from CHS...this one is so strong...It just might have to be turned off soon... [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin]

Aria~ Yes, we were gone at the same time...I am glad you had fun on your vacay!!!

Have a good one!

MaggieMae - I think U said you weren't a fan of being out in the middle of the ocean [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin (hard to around that one! [smilie=th_justcuz_goodpost] ), but aside from that, how did U like your cruise?

I'm melting Carol's Banana Wafer Pudding.

I'm melting Indian Summer from Haley's. It took a looonnng time to melt in my 20 watt melter and is still not 100% liquid. I should probably get a 24 watter or cut these big 2 ouncer babies in half. It's a nice fruity scent with a medium throw.

Gail - I've been having issues with the 2oz tarts from Haley's too. They smell great cold sniff, but take forever to melt in my 24 watt melter and a majority have a light to medium throw once they are finally melted.

Currently melting Hillbilly Homebrew from CFTKR. I got a sample of this one from a previous order and loved it enough to order a bag. It's a lovely apple cider fall scent. Now that Carol posted a whole bunch of new samplers today (Apples, Cinnamons, Fall, Pumpkins Blends, Zucchini Blends, etc.) I'm tempted to order again even though I just got the other order last week.

Hi All!

Just started melting White Tea and Ginger from Kim's for the evening.

Hi all!

Last night's scents were:

K - Honeydew Pear - CCCC - A really good scent but could have lasted longer

LR - Lemonade & Berries - CFTKR - A favorite

BR - Root Beer Float - CBV - A favorite

Bathroom - Plumeria - YC - A favorite

Another hot 95 degree day here, UGH! Currently melting:

K - Kiwi Kicker - CBV - A favorite - I am burning my YC Kiwi Berries jar candle in the kitchen too.

LR - Sour Watermelon Candy - Rosa's - Smells more like kiwi than watermelon but is a good one nevertheless.

BR - Cantaloupe Lily - SH - A favorite

Bathroom - Make Waves - YC - The last of the jar candle leftovers

MaggieMae - I think U said you weren't a fan of being out in the middle of the ocean [smilie=th_shout] (hard to around that one! :lol: ), but aside from that, how did U like your cruise?

Sweet...it's so funny cause it turns out I actually LOVE being out in the middle of the ocean...how about that? My favorite thing was to go out on the top deck at night and look out into the darkness....what a nut I must be! Otherwise, the cruise was okay...there really was not much to do on this particular ship and my goal was to loose weight so I didn't eat too much...and I took the stairs constantly...14 floors... ;) All in all, it was fun to be away with the kids!!

It is a Lathers and Lights night, melting Pink Paradise and Maple Butter Crunch. The PP is really a strong one.

I just looked at Lathers and Lights site,a first. Oh my goodness she has a list just for pumpkin scents? oh [smilie=th_thwhatshesaid] my heavens.

Do you know if she has sales on her tarts at all?

Hi all! Aria, YC's $1 tart/votive sale starts Wednesday and goes through Labor Day weekend. I've heard this is an in-store sale, so you can also print off the $15 off $45 coupon, and really go crazy!

Thanks so much Jason! [smilie=th_aa21] Oh my...I have that coupon printed and in my purse! I could do some major damage! [smilie=th_thwhatshesaid] I haven't been to YC in awhile and am dying to see the fall accessories in person.

Maggie, I got a pretty good workout on vacation too....climbing all the stairs for the waterslides is exhausting! [smilie=th_a136]

This morning's melt is Nene's Vanilla Butter Fudge...this is a really good one. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Gonna be another hot one here...summer is hangin' on!!!!

Have a great day! [smilie=superman]

Gail - I've been having issues with the 2oz tarts from Haley's too. They smell great cold sniff, but take forever to melt in my 24 watt melter and a majority have a light to medium throw once they are finally melted.

Hmm, interesting, Cinnamonkitty. I went ahead and cut mine in half and will see how they do. My experience with Haley's has been a bit different from yours, although I'm still quite the newbie there. The only tarts that had a poor throw were palm. I've been very happy with the paraffin and over the moon for the soy clam. I'm curious to try the large tarts in soy but that'll have to wait until I order again. [smilie=th_thwhatshesaid]

Just started melting White Tea and Ginger from Kim's for the evening.

How is this one, Denny? I think I'd lurve it a lot!

Sweet...it's so funny cause it turns out I actually LOVE being out in the middle of the ocean...how about that? My favorite thing was to go out on the top deck at night and look out into the darkness....what a nut I must be! Otherwise, the cruise was okay...there really was not much to do on this particular ship and my goal was to loose weight so I didn't eat too much...and I took the stairs constantly...14 floors... [smilie=th_a136] All in all, it was fun to be away with the kids!!

Wow, I'm impressed, Maggie! That's [smilie=superman] Nice to hear you loved the middle of the ocean. I can relate, so I must be a nut too. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

I'm melting LOL's Dole Whip. Ever luscious!

Gail, who tried the multi-quote for the first time and LOVES it!

Hey, y'all. I think I am finally catching up from my visit with my Mom last week. It's still very warm here, although I feel the faint coolness in the night air. This morning I am melting LOL-Three Musketeers and AMS votive in Sands of Morocco. I have ordered some more of these because I really like this scent. Have a great afternoon and I'll check in later.

Welcome back Kim. I hope you had a wonderful, and relaxing visit.

I'm melting Front Porch - Key Lime Meringue Pie

Cocoapink - Cake on Mondays

Yankee Candle - Almond Cookie