The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

New Member from Colorado

Hello! I am so excited to be part of this website and forum! I do not personally know anyone that is really into candles. In my small town, we don't even have a candle store, that I know of anyway! I used to love going the candle store in the mall and discussing candles with the sales people. So being part of this forum, knowing the members have lots of knowlege and experience (trials and errors) is so wonderful!

My Candle History: (the term would probably raise eyebrows in a different setting! LOL!)

My Aunt bought me the most wonderful Apple Pie candle back in 1996. It was right after I had lost a close family member. This candle truly helped pull me through! Something about the wonderful smell did wonders for my emotions. Since then I scented candles have been a staple in my home.

I quickly turned to Peach scented candles from our local mall that sold only beeswax candles in which (at the time) they sold me on why beeswax was the best wax to burn.

They closed so I used Yankee for a while but the price tag v. scent throw didn't seem worth it.

I then found For Everybody candles at kohls and like them until I got burning and scent throw problems with them.

Thereafter, the only place I knew to just walk in and buy a candle at a decent price was Walmart and spent years burning the $10 packs - tons of them to get my house to smell like the candle.

Later my mom bought me a Votivo candle and I couldn't believe the great scent throw but I am not the type to spend $20 on a small candle.

I started googleing strong scented candles and found this site! That is where I read all about Pure Integrity. They currently have a $2.95 flat rate shipping rate so I thought it was best to stock up based on the reviews! I love most of their candles, but after finding them, I realized how many more candle companies there are out there that I need to try!

I recently found a company named "The Wick Hut" that claim their candles are so strong that lots of people request 1/2 or 1/4 scented. The candles I recieved from them were full scented and are definately nice but not as strong as the advertising implied. They are great smelling candles though!

Through navigating numerous candle companies websites, they all claim to be the strongest candle on the market. There are so many companies and scents that it can be overwhelming, and I don't want to just fall for an advertising gimic! Plus the soy vs beewax vs all of the other waxes out there, it can get to be confusing! That is why I am so happy to be part of this forum and find out and exchange unbiased experiences!

I have so many questions about companies and scent throw and what are the really good reliable companies to purchase from. I primarily work from home so I always have at least 3 candles burning at a time, and candles are a huge part of my daily life.

I recently got into tarts and love the scent throws from the ones I have tried, but I am primarily a candle person. I guess it is the flame etc... that I love.

Thank You in advance for accepting me into this forum! I hope my post wasn't too long!!!

[smilie=th_e16] Bridget and [smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whole_Gang] !!!

I think you will enjoy it here! I have learned so much from others on this board!

Hi Bridget and [smilie=th_326db8b3] to our fun little corner! Noooo, your post wasn't too long. It was terrific! You'll no doubt fit in perfectly around here!

Gail

Enjoyed your Candle History - thanks for sharing. I also grew up in an area that only had "dime-store" scented candles! Slim pickins'!

Welcome!

Hi Bridget, I'm from Colorado too-- from Aurora over in the Denver Metro area! I'm pretty new to the forum too, and have been having a blast talking "candles". You are just going to love some of the inexpensive wax companies out there on the internet. I have tons of candle purchasing options here in town, yet I order quite a bit online. Glad to have you with us! [smilie=th_326db8b3]

[smilie=th_e16] Bridget! Your post reminded me of how I felt when I found candlefind with those long lists of candle companies to explore.....like a kid in a candy store. [smilie=th_c2e41937] Glad you've joined us, lots of fun and info here!

[smilie=th_326db8b3]

Welcome-you have definitely come to the right place-searching for the perfect candles for your home is a lot of fun! I hope you find some great places to try-there are certainly some fabulous vendors out there. I love ordering layered jars from vendors and feel that I can come up with some truly great personalized combos.

Have fun!

Thank you for the warm welcome and very nice replies! I love all of the funny characters too! I have never been part of a forum so I hope I quickly learn the ropes on how to start a thread etc... Even another person from Colorado is on here! That is great!

I am very excited to make more informed purchases instead of blindly buying candles based on ads. There are some great forum topics on here. Maybe I can actually get off my back how many candles I really do buy, and how much I think about candles during the day! I have two little girls that clap and squeal "yeeeeeah!" when I make a new purchase. I also do not have a husband to tell me to cool it when it comes to the candle purchases! LOL! So I do need to self monitor, but I am really excited to make some new purchases! Thanks again for accepting me on this forum!

Hi Bridget:

Welcome to the forum. I found Candlefind the same way you did, I googled strong candles and there it was. I didn't join the forum right away ~ big mistake ~ but I started with Pure Integrity too. After that it was a little downhill so I joined the forum and now I am into melting scented wax more than burning candles due to the fragrance throw.

Cisley