The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

Aria, Michele and Maggie, you guys are tempting me to "take a peek" at the Crossroads site and poke around some. That country breakfast scent sounds wonderful. Love waking up to my hubby making pancakes with a fresh pot of coffee brewing. What exactly does this country breakfast smell like?

Last night after my ribs were done roasting, I put on CHC's RVC. A favorite of mine.

This morning I am melting Broomsticks and Pumpkins from LOL.

Ok, off to find Crossroads to just take a "peek", notice I said peek and not buy!..lol We'll see if I can be good.

Enjopy your day!

Mornin' all!

I want to check out Crossroads now too. You gals all having a country breakfast together and I'm feeling left out. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Candlelove, enjoy lunch with your long time friend.

We're having a break between storms right now. The huge 800+ acre park where I take my dog is closed due to flooding and we haven't even had the worst of the storms yet. [smilie=th_12E9EC16] More coming later today and the big one is supposed to hit tomorrow.

I'm melting BG's Spiced Pumpkin Brulee. It's pleasant enough but not a fave. I smell very little spice and pumpkin, mostly just brulee which I think means "burnt" in French. :lol:

Gail

golly, Gail that is so rare isn't it for southern Cal?Is this where you hold your dog training classes?

not trying to dangle a carrot or nuffin but here is a Crossroads page on ebay with the country breakfast or whatever it is called 26 oz for $20 complete with shipping.(I think the shipping is free and there are more than 10 avail). seller has 100% feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230424996264&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Update on my BG Spiced Pumpkin Brulee: It's mellowing nicely now. And by "mellowing" I don't mean getting weak. It's still nice and strong but I'm smelling less of the brulee and more spiced pumpkin. Maybe that's what it's supposed to do, just like the real dessert. Yummo!

Yes Susan, it's a deluge for our area. Much needed though, so I'm trying not to complain too much. I'm glad my training classes are on break until February. HOWEVER, ( :lol: ) my dog club is doing a four week long agility tournament and we're going to have to cancel the first session on Thursday! :lol:

Thanks for the linky, you naughty enabler. I will check it out. [smilie=th_12E9EC16] I see on Crossroads' main website that they only sell melts in multiples of 36. That'd have to be one fantastic scent before I'd buy. [smilie=th_FULL_O17] A bit off topic, but they have some beautiful country artwork in their online catalog.

Gail

It never rains in Southern California, it pours!_rain__by_Ser1x.gif

I'm melting Nene's French Apricot Cake. If you like the smell of fresh picked apricots, I highly recommend this one.

Hi there CF buddies! SharonBlinX_012307-1-SMILE.gif

Michele and Maggie, are you enjoying Country Breakfast? It is such a yummy scent....I smell pancakes, syrup, apples and a nice smokey note. Anyjoymom, if you like bakery scents, this one is so good. I normally shy away from scents with a maple syrup note, but this one works for me for some reason.

tw, thanks for the ebay link....I will have to check it out.....Country Breakfast is no longer available on the Crossroad website. I love how you can pick out your own decorative label too! So cool. These candles are worth every penny.

Gail, I've never tried the Crossroad melts because I've really enjoyed the candles. It is hard to pick scents when you order online, isn't it? They have very good reviews on their website, so that is why I gave them a try and picked a scent from the description alone. I highly recommend them....phenomenal candles!

Well, I just started a melter a few minutes ago since I was out running errands all morning. I'm giving YC Early Sunrise a try....

Have a nice afternoon everyone!

bmangroupsmilesf.gif

Hi everyone. Haven't been on in a few days, and was feeling some withdrawals. I have been on lockdown for a while now (too long), so have been melting at a much slower pace so I don't run out of tarts. Melting SH's Blueberry Flapjacks (left it in a plastic baggie for too long, so not getting much) and Hodge Podge Orange Clove.

Chatty me again. :shock: The longer it goes, the more I like BG's Spiced Pumpkin Brulee.

Aria, thanks for the mini review of Crossroads. They're very tempting! I may give them a try in the future. Right now I'm on lockdown, waiting to see what the Superbowl sales will be! [smilie=th_Hello_]

I did discover that their online catalog says their melts are sold in 36 packs, but on the website itself it looks like you can buy 6 for $9.

Gail

Gail, I completely forgot about superbowl sales! yikes! That's only a few weeks away, right? You can tell I am not a football fan...lol.

Hey guys, this morning I got an email from Candy at Bella Candles and Tarts and I won a drawing from the last sale.....a $10 credit toward my next order ..... wheeeee! nerdwoot.gif

Wow Aria! :shock: on your win! That's a fantastic prize!

I'm not a football fan either but I think the big game is on 2/7. I'd seriously like to place my first order with Crosscreek and replenish my Can-Do stash. But only if they have good sales because I almost never pay regular price for anything. [smilie=th_Hello_]

Gail

Burning a lemon Yankee candle that I bought at TJ Max yesterday. Been burning it since 7:30 a.m. and still no scent. Its a large two wick also so I had high hopes for me [smilie=th_Hello_]

what is the name of the lemon scent? all of the ones I have tried from yc that have lemon in them have been strong.

I left it on my desk at work so I will have to look in the morning and get back with you. Yes, I do love the lemon scents and it smelled great cold, but burned it all day long at work and never got a thing.

thank you

sorry, my son is sick and i'm out of work with him today and tomorrow, but friday when i go back i will post that lemon scent.

does anyone know what may be the reason i'm not getting notified of replies. i have the box checked and i use to get them in my email but haven't in a long time. :shock:

today has been mia bella's juicy watermelon. also melting ghbt's rasberry sorbet and her doodlebug. they all go great together.

not trying to dangle a carrot or nuffin but here is a Crossroads page on ebay with the country breakfast or whatever it is called 26 oz for $20 complete with shipping.(I think the shipping is free and there are more than 10 avail). seller has 100% feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230424996264&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Geez - there's only one measly candle left. :P Ok...fess up. Who bought em all? :P

Aria - congrats on your Bella win! [smilie=th_slider_congratulations]

Wow! CA is getting walloped w/heavy rains. Everyone out there - be safe! :lol:

Melting Nene's Sweet Candied Pumpkin. I :shock: pumpkin...never get tired of melting/burning it. [smilie=th_Hello_]

ok, now y'all have me wanting a crossroads candle [smilie=th_Hello_] I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM. MY DAUGHTER SAYS SHE IS GOING TO CALL DR. PHIL!

Sorry to burst your DD's bubble, Denim but he will be nothing but an enabler. The show contacted Candles by Victoria to send them some to give to their audience. LOL :P :P

Sweet, you had me breathing hard. :shock: I knew this afternoon it said 'more than 10 available'. They're still there. the '1' you see for quantity is how many you want. Your review was superb, Aria. I'm going to snatch one before they're gone. :lol:

LLVV, thanks for the recommendation on butterscotch creams from Carol. got my order today and just had to plop one in. mmmmm, sooooo good.

GG high maintainence in the bed and bath. used the last of the clams. I love that scent; got to wait for another PMS sale and get some.

have a good eve, all.

I had a wonderful lunch with my old friend today. I got home just a little while ago from my visit. I need to go out in a bit so no melting for me tonight.

Aria-I did love the Crossroads Country Breakfast this morning. It was SO good!! Loved it. The burn was so nice and clean too. It is almost as good as the Buttery Maple Syrup. That was the one on the ebay link. That is one excellent candle if you like maple. It is very strong!

I would head over to the website but I don't need any more candles right now. I have been on lockdown for melts but I confess I have caved at the SAS at Yankee.

Maybe next time.

[smilie=th_Hello_]

I just started burning my Gold Canyon Sparkling Apricot It is blending beautifully with my Amish Friendship Bread. [smilie=th_Hello_]

SSS Vanilla Lime in the br

Eau de Pancakes and bacon in the kitchen. And I do mean eau.

Trying to clear the air with open window and door.

candlelove, you're so good. wish I had the willpower.

Jules, I know what you mean about the smell of bacon. I don't cook it because I dislike that smell so much. and there is something about french toast that also leaves some kind of hot cast iron smell. I swear by those odor eliminator candles I got at the vet's office. I had cabbage going the other night and it was interfering with my smellies. I lit that in the kitchen and by gosh, it was almost gone!