The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

Tunisianswife - Every time I read your posts I think about Ohio and the family and friends I have there. I enjoy reading your weather updates and how the weather makes you feel. It brings back great memories of Ohio. I have family in Avon, Solon, Brecksville, and Dublin and I try to visit at least once a year. I'm a real country bumpkin at heart and yearn for the Ohio countryside and the four seasons. I guess you can take the girl out of Ohio but you can't take Ohio out of the girl. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

I'm still burning my Crossroads candle - Sugar Cookie. I love the wicks on their candles. They don't mushroom and are very easy to maintain.

Goodnight everyone.

DH and I were just debating the whole late night talk show debacle...then we both realized that neither one of us really cared in the slightest about the whole subject. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Lessie's Blueberries & Cream from Can-do this morning.

It smells good and strong. I don't know what scent I would want to blend with it except maybe another LB&C in a different room. Hey, two-fer Tuesday. woohoo.

Denny, I'm originally from NY state so the winters here are milder. I've gotten so used to NOT driving in snow, that I am a chicken the minute a flake appears. I think of how I never used to think a thing of it and would drive from the country into the city every night to go to work. I would have a hard time readjusting. lol

Bizzyb's gooey caramel&buttered popcorn melt

GC-sweet cinnabons candle

BR-CFTKR Native princess

CBV echoes of the orient candle in the bath

have a good day, all

We're never up around here for the late night talk shows, so I could say it really doesn't affect my universe either. Denny; I think living in the Midwest we have some of the best of all worlds, beautiful springtime and Fall days. I don't enjoy the cold and snow as I have gotten older. This morning I am melting SSS-Cowgirls and Pearls. I really love this scent. The leather notes come through but do not over power the vanilla. It is a beautiful mix. I hope everyone has a nice day.

Last, but not least: GO COLTS!!!

I am also burning a Slatkin - Nectarine Mint. I went to B&BW today hoping they would have melts in to match all the new scents, but so far they don't [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

debra, how is the throw on this candle?

This morning's melts are:

EW - Sweet Nuts

EW - Welcome Home in 2 melters

Can-Do - Mimi's House

Burning since yesterday:

Slatkin - Sugared Fig

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Good morning, sniffers [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

I had a dentist appt. early morning and half of my mouth and nose is numb. But yohooo! Another side is OK so I still can half-smell. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Beanpod Bonsai tree and Harmony mix. I love their beads. You can add them to the candles without messing with quantities. Too bad I can barely smell all this goodness (but at least my kids are enjoying).

Have a great day everyone.

Morning! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] I'm melting Busy Bee's Butterscotch Brulee. I love this! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] is it strong! It took less than two minutes for the scent to start wafting through the house and all I put in the melter was less than half of a little clamshell cube. At this rate, Busy Bee's is far and away the most economical vendor around! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Gail

Good morning!

I'm melting Carol's Blueberry Cobbler. Not too much going right now because I'm dealing with DD and her nasty stomach bug. Poor thing got sick all of the sudden yesterday. She's feeling better but still not 100%.

fiber, that numbness feeling is so strange, isn't it? You could make ground chuck out of your lip and you'd never know it...until the anesthesia wore off. lol

Gail, now you're really twisting my arm to take a trip up to Busy Bee this spring. Not sure how far it is from me but we're at least in the same state. lol Only wish Deana and Millicent had physical stores. I'd sure be there too!

It's 61 degrees outside right now with a high today of 75. Instead of washing my windows as planned, I decided to just open them all.

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Doesn't that make make you want to just [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] me? No worries, payback happens in August.

Burning a lemon Yankee candle that I bought at TJ Max yesterday. Been burning it since 7:30 a.m. and still no scent. Its a large two wick also so I had high hopes for me [smilie=th_welcometoforum]

Denim, that is so disappointing. I had the same thing happen when I bought 4 at christmas. they were the double wick big tumblers. Not one iota of scent from all 4. All I could smell when I was standing directly over it was the occasional singed hair that fell into the jar, as well as just candle flame. they all went back. I do not have good luck with those candles.

Jules, I love fresh air and like my windows open whenever possible. very mild here today as well especially for Jan, so I have a window open about 1/3 of the way here in the living room.

It's 61 degrees outside right now with a high today of 75. Instead of washing my windows as planned, I decided to just open them all.

[smilie=th_welcometoforum]

Doesn't that make make you want to just [smilie=th_wave] me? No worries, payback happens in August.

Jules, you silly girl! [smilie=th_aa20] Enjoy that nice weather!

I've got two melters going....

Blue Sugar - Almost Country

Be Mine Clementine - Bella's

Guest ilovescentedthings
Burning a lemon Yankee candle that I bought at TJ Max yesterday. Been burning it since 7:30 a.m. and still no scent. Its a large two wick also so I had high hopes for me [smilie=th_welcometoforum]

what is the name of the lemon scent? all of the ones I have tried from yc that have lemon in them have been strong.

Jules-lucky you with that great weather!

Nice relaxing afternoon. I did all my running around already so now I am burning YC Mulling Spices and Melting Angies Olde Country Store.

denimsway-I am curious about that YC lemon scent. The salesgirl at Yankee told me yesterday that all lemon scents are very strong.

Tunisian, have you ordered from Busy Bee before? I've only tried a few clams but I really liked them. They were great from the get go but with the passage of time, wowza, are they strong! You should definitely go if you can. At least you might be able to see those cute doggies of theirs up close and personal. [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20waving]

Jules, you're so naughty. Beyond naughty. Very BAD girl. You need a spanking! [smilie=th_welcometoforum] [smilie=th_aa20] :lol: [smilie=th_wave]

I switched to SH's Shredded Coconut Cake. Mmmmmmmm!!! [smilie=snoopy]

Gail

I didn't care for the Be Mine Clementine Cupcake from earlier....it wasn't a horrible scent, but the orange note in it was sort of bitter smelling....

Trying to figure out what to melt next....gonna go dig through my stash.