The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovescentedthings

Silver Bells, Christmas Smells

Sillys, I love the candle box and it was so sweet of your sis to make it for you. This afternnon I am melting Kerala Spice candle from Southern Alchemy. I'm also melting YC Sparkling Pine votive in my Winter Forest Crackel votive holder. I was going to give this as a gift, but after this line sold completely out, I kept it for myself. I'm glad it is because it is such a pretty scene on the glass. Relating to the seat belt thing; my Dad used to put my oldest DS and DN in the back of his El Camino and drive up the road with them in the back truck bed. He would say "don't stand up and hold on " and they would. The kids loved it, but looking back it wasn't the safest thing for them to be doing.

The candle box is beautiful Silly's...I need about 20 of them!

LOL I dated a guy who drove an El Camino...never rode in the back of it though!

Just started YC autumn fruit...clerk at Yankee told me it's being discontinued.

Good afternoon!

Silly, that box is gorgeous! I love your tablecloth too. Thanks for sharing. Does your sis take orders??? LOL...just kidding.

Earlier today I was melting Carol's Ultimate Spiced Cheesecake. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this one, but I actually love it! It's a rich buttery cinnamon. Right now I still have Carol's Candy Cane Stars melting (it's a really good one) and YC's Winter Wonderland burning. This candle is sooo pretty! I've found the trick to fixing YC tunnels. I use an Illuma-Lid and blow it out whenever I'm ready to blow it out. If possible, I push down the remaining wax with my finger. It worked wonderfully on my Christmas Wish candle and is also doing a great job with Winter Wonderland (an older version of Jack Frost, I think).

sillysmom, that box is adorable! how thoughtful and creative. You've got a one of a kind wax treasure there. I too love the new Tahitian flower. I didn't buy any but enjoyed the whiff in store.

added cheryl's Merlin's forest, and Badedas to the bath and bedroom melters.

lit Slatkin fresh balsam, and CBV All is Calm

so glad to have the grocery store out of the way. It is supposed to get so cold here and I wanted to fill my tank with gas. I don't like the thoughts of possible gas lines freezing.

have a good eve, all.

LLVV, I think I'm going to order that peppermint stars. sounds like it is longlasting.

Aria - I remember my parents putting their arm across me when I was in the front passenger seat. I did the same with my kids when they were young, even though they were buckled up.

Barbita and I had a good time at Starbucks. Although we did not hit Home Goods, we did mosey on over to a nearby Kohl's and had fun shopping.

I'm enjoying some hot tea while melting:coffeebath.gif

Scentsy - Sugar Cookie (wonderful)

Nene's - Gingerbread Latte (wonderful)

Chilly and rainy here. I'm loving it!rain-035.gif

sillysmom, that's a beautiful box your sister made.

Aria, I remember riding in the front seat of our huge, hunter green car (can't remember the kind of car, just that it was big and had vinyl seats) and my mom would do the exact same thing!

My energy level is increasing each day. My house has been sorely neglected so today I decided to tackle the upstairs. I gave all the bedrooms and the loft a good cleaning. A clean room deserves a fresh, new scent.

Master bedroom: French Kiss

loft: Vanilla Cream

kids' bedrooms: Spiced Grapefruit

All from Scentsy and all smell great!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I told my sister she should open a store or a booth somewhere, she is very crafty and handy. It is actually very deep, its holding quite a few tarts, but no, definitely not my entire stash!!!!

mpfand, so glad that you are getting some energy back. seems like the first thing that gets done after being down is cleaning.

switched out the LR melter to Carol's sugared spruce. I love her sugared spruce. It smells like it has a touch of strawberry in it.

Barbara and Denny, have a super time at Starbuck's! How totally fun for both of you!. :shock: Are you going to make a day of it and go to Home Goods too? Just askin'... :lol:

Gail

We really did have fun at Starbucks. Guess what we talked about? You guessed it. Plotting our next Melt order.emoticon_writting_by_sarasarinski.gif

We walked (in the rain) over to Kohl's and spent a few $$._dollarus__revision_by_Mrichston.gif

Mmmmmm! Melting Sugared Doughnuts.

Tunisian, I too love Carol's Sugared Spruce. Wonderful, intriguing scent!

I'm really enjoying all the seatbelt stories! You've taken me back in time to the good old days. :lol:

Denny and Barbara, I'm glad you had a fun time. But gosh, what a shock that you'd talk about plotting orders instead of important, serious things like what brand of floor cleaner works best. :shock: Must have been so nice at Starbuck's. It's the perfect weather for a hot cuppa. Brrrr!

I've spent the entire day hunkered down reading a good book. More of the same to follow late into the evening. I hope all of you are enjoying your night too!

I switched to SH's Orange Chiffon Cake and now I'm asking myself, "Orange you glad you got this one?" Answer: You betcha! :lol:

Gail

Sillysmom~ Absolutely beautiful candle box! What a dear sister you must have! You are right...she could definitely go into business!

Barbita and Denny~ Glad you had fun meeting up...that must be cool to finally meet people from the board!

Melting

Peppermint Creme Chai from CYS in two melters downstairs...love it!

I have Royal Beauty Bright from CYS going in the BR...it's been brewing for 4 days and it's still kicking. WOW!

Been having some 'puter problems today. Aaarrrgh! :shock:

Sillysmom - your candle crate is beautiful! Something you'll always treasure....the crate and your sister! :lol:

Last melt of the day is YC's Mulling Spices.

Good evening!

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Country Bake Shoppe. I love this scent so much! It's one of my 3+ year old ones and still a favorite.

I'm burning my YC Winterland jar which I've been mistakingly calling Winter Wonderland.

My nose is unstuffed! However, melting has not been on the agenda - just trying to get life back to normal. We had a surprise snowstorm that hit yesterday just as rush hour started, so the road dept. was not ready and suddently a zillion drivers were on slick roads. Most of the freeways shut down with accidents and people that had not headed home were snowbound - at their offices! I was finally able to leave at about midnight to drive home - it took that long for the freeway to open back up. Got home after a long slow drive - and it was darn near time to go back again! :shock:

What a day. I hope we don't see another one of those for a loooong time. My coworker was stuck in her car for 4 hours for a trip that usually takes 30 minutes. :lol:

I guess now I should go find some aromatherapy, huh?

Gail, your posts always brighten my day. I love your humor

Sweet, hope you get your computer fixed. I can relate. My computer was only 3 yrs old and it went kaflunk last week. I figured by the time I got it repaired, and with labor and parts(I think it was either the hard drive or the motherboard), I would just get a new tower and have the OS upgrade.

Debra, so glad you got home safe and sound. I'm sure you didn't have long to sleep before your return. it is so stressful to drive in weather like that.

hubby and I are staying in tonight, I've got wings marinating, and making a couple of hot hors d'oeuvres and keep it calm. lol

starting out this am with Haley's buttermilk pancakes, burning CBV butter rum pb cookie

CHC rose petals in the bath and bedroom.

have a good day, all and stay safe.

Hi there everyone!

debra, that must've been quite nerve wracking waiting for the roads to open up! Hope you have a better day today.

Maggie, I love that Peppermint Cream Chai too!

mpfand, glad you are feeling better...don't overdo it with the cleaning though...lol.

Denny and Barb, sounds like a nice afternoon...love Starbucks! starbucks.gif

sweet&spicy, computer problems are the worst....makes you feel so out of touch.

This morning we are enjoying Lemon Poppyseed from Almost Country....a really good scent.

We usually stay home for NYE....it's better that way with the kids! Sometimes we have neighbors over and play games.....

Good morning everyone!

I'm burning Slatkin's Fresh Balsm. I just love this._pinetree__by_ILoveAnimeBoys.png

I want to wish everyone a Happy and safe New Year!Happy_new_year_2008_by_Synfull.gif

Barbita, I love that too. Mine is about gone but I've so enjoyed it. great throw and not sooty. I am finding I like a thinner wic that you get in the 3 wick, as it does not produce the soot.

Just switched out the LR melter to the last half of CBV Hello Dolly. gosh, this is so good.

Hi all,

Debra, glad you can smell again! What a horrid ordeal with the storm. Just the worst! :P

Sweet, oh noooo, computer on the fritz! I hope it's nothing too serious and you're doing this real soon. [smilie=th_a025]

Tunisian, thanks. I'm kind of a goofball and can amuse myself easily. [smilie=th_a136] Glad you enjoy my silly humor.

DH and I are staying in tonight too. He's out fishing for the day, but I'm staying in and reading.

Melting SH's Birthday Cake this morning. Yum, where's the celebration?

Have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody! :lol:

Gail