The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

August's Molten Melts

Good Morning all.

After getting everyone out the door for the first day of school-I am supposed to be cleaning and getting this place cleared out from all of the summer mayhem. So far I have cleaned out the melters with baking soda(yay) and eaten a bowl of cereal...

Melts include-

Candledippers-Cherry Noel, Plum Dreamy, and Granola & Brown Sugar

Mr. Momz-Cotton Blossom

Can Do-Kiwi Sage & Ginger

Maybe I'll get busy here in a bit...

Guest Anonymous

Melting Nene's Jonathan Apple today and Carol's Gourmet Sugar Cookie, both are yummy!

[smilie=th_dd5] I know how that is, fleur - too hot = no melting for me!

Jules - how is the throw on your SC? My results are not great with a 24w.

Cat - pls describe the kiwi sage and ginger? It sounds yummy!

Today is IoE's Tea Party. It is like floating around in a big pitcher of iced tea here. And it is so strong I turned off my Bad Kitti Spicy Bamboo because I could tell the tea melt had plans to overtake the whole house.

Back from food shopping...ugh! In a minute I'm going downstairs to make some ribs and cole slaw. I think Carol's Peanut Butter Bundt Cake should nicely mask any odors of deliciousness.

Oh, I just want to say that YC has the BEST customer service!!! I bought a clearance glass burner for $6.88 (actually paid less with a coupon). It arrived today and there are two hairline cracks in the tart bowl part. I called customer service expecting them to tell me to send it back for a credit. Instead, they said to throw it away and for me to go online and pick a regular priced one at no additional charge because they don't have this particular melter in stock anymore. Wow! Now that's a great way to keep loyal customers loyal. It shocks me to read some of the horror stories that some people have gone through with the "small guys", me included. This is why I buy exclusively from Carol for tarts and YC for votives, melters, and the occasional tart. Some of the "small guys" just give you such a hard time and blame you for their errors.

That's great CS, LLVV. This could be one reason Yankee is still in business. I am melting LOL-Rosemary Mint. This is such an invigorating scent and it is cleaning out my sinuses this afternoon. The sun is finally shining and lower humidity is on it's way. I hope everyone has a good evening.

HI!

I just started melting SSS Apple Jack. This will be a perfect scent for Fall, for me. [smilie=th_dd5]

Barbara

LLVV--how great you could get a new melter at no charge. I agree that Yankee CS can't be beat. I was told that even if I melted a tart and didn't like it to just let it harden up and bring it back. I never did--but it was nice to know I could.

I had a nice visit with my friend and I am going to her place tomorrow and we are going candle shopping--yeah--we also placed a combined order to Yankee online so we had fun.

I have three candles going--all Yankee--Juicy Peach, Vanilla Cupcake and Mango Peach Salsa--have a great night everyone.

This afternoon I melted AMS's Tomato....not sure if I really like it or not....it did smell just like when you brush against a tomato plant though....authentic, but don't think I want to smell this for 3 plus hours...

[smilie=th_dd5]

Today is IoE's Tea Party. It is like floating around in a big pitcher of iced tea here. And it is so strong I turned off my Bad Kitti Spicy Bamboo because I could tell the tea melt had plans to overtake the whole house.

Debra - I think U mentioned melting some Bad Kitti tarts before. What's your verdict on them? With such a cute name, I have to check that vendor out... :P

Melting Abby Road's palm tarts in Red Ripe Watermelon. Try and say that fast 3 times.... :?

[smilie=th_dd5] I know how that is, fleur - too hot = no melting for me!

Jules - how is the throw on your SC? My results are not great with a 24w.

Cat - pls describe the kiwi sage and ginger? It sounds yummy!

I've had mixed results with the SC. The regular round melts have not been very strong for me at all. The Drizzle melts, on the other hand, I've had a great experience with. I've tried them in the Orange Caramel Capp. and Vanilla Pound Cake and both have been very strong. Drizzle melts I will reorder.

Tonight's scents:

YC Ocean Water jar

SSS - Cowgirls & Pearls.

Deb-the Kiwi Sage and Ginger is absolutely wonderful. It is one of those scents that you would never think of ordering unless someone told you how great it is. I think Jules had this one before and it intrigued me-so I had to have it-you know how that goes!

It is a fresh smell that is hard to describe-you don't smell the kiwi in a strong way. It's very balanced! I would recommend it.

For tonight-

Pumpkin Frost-Candledippers

Apple Cellar-Can Do

I'm late to the party today, but I've been melting AMS Lavender all evening. It's pretty, but it's not as wonderful as what Mother Nature makes. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Gail

Hi All-

Just stopped by to say hello. No melting for me tonight. I have to go sort through all of DD's college stuff.

I hope everyone enjoys their evening.

Hello! I have missed everyone here the last two days! School started, and my schedule has been crazy hectic! But... I survived my daughter's first day of kindergarten and I only cried after I left!! [smilie=th_bb20] She was fine, didn't cry at all. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_] I am a proud mamma!

At school this afternoon I melted LOL Toasted Almonds & Cherries... FANTASTIC!

Now I am melting Carol's Pumpkin Apple Cake- very nice. I like the sweetness from the apple, and not an overwhelming amount of cinnamon.