The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

Hello All!

Silly, I'd offer to join you at the mall on Saturday but we have a birthday party to go to. The selection hasn't changed much from 2 weeks ago except it seems like they have a lot less tart burners than usual. DD picked out 10 votives for me to buy. The drew the line at Clean Cotton...boy how I can't stand that scent. I convinced her that Coconut Bay was much better. She's now very excited that we have a coconut candles. She's been fascinated with coconuts for the past few days. I did get a chance to smell their returning treasures in Carrot Cake (yummy but reminded me of pumpkin pie), Wild Cherry (great cherry scent), and Patchouli (very nice for a Patchouli scent).

This morning I melted Nutmeg Spice. Right now I don't have any scent going on because we're getting ready to go out for the rest of the day.

Hi-

Just changed out the melters for CHC Buttercream Crunch and CHC Caramel Nut Custer.

I also have 2nd tealights going for CFTKR Burnt Creme in 2 melters. I love this one! I realized that I was shorted one of these tarts. I emailed Carol and she is sending me a new package. She did not have to do that! I really didn't care but was just letting her know. Now that is great customer service!

I am also burning Crossroads candle in Buttery Maple Syrup, Goose Creek Maple Cream and Goose Creek Spice Cake. :shock:

After running errands all afternoon, I am finally home and have Crosscreeks White Cake melting. I think I will light a few candles too....it's gloomy and rainy here...blech.

DP and I have been out all day so I haven't had a chance to post scents until now.

This morning's scents were:

K - Mimi's House - Can-Do - A very nice scent but the only note I picked up was patchouli even though there's supposed to be cedar and spice notes too. It was a nice patchouli though.

LR - Blue Sugar - Can-Do - A spot on dupe of the men's cologne but I wish it was stronger.

BR - Sea Blossom - Can-Do - A very nice fresh scent but not very strong at all.

Bathroom - 2nd tealight for YC's WIllow Breeze and the remainder of the two Tyler Roses votives.

I just changed out some scents to:

K - Paradise - Spotted Hog - This was the last of my older Paradise clamshell - one of my all time favorite scents from anyone.

LR - Blue Sugar - Can-Do - Even though it's only just barely moderately strong it's still going so I left it because the scent itself is so good

BR - Rose Merry Mint - Spotted Hog - This was the last of my older clamshell of this too and it's SO STRONG - I would classify this as super strong right now - it's traveling all over the house and kind of overwhelming everything else, even the Paradise

Bathroom - Hibiscus & White Peach - Nene's - Another very nice scent from Nene but very weak as well - Not so impressed with Nene's so far.

I'm also burning a few candles on this cloudy cooler day:

K - Spotted Hog Paradise jar

BR - YC Fresh Cut Roses jar

Bathroom - two Gold Canyon Clean Sheets votives

Melting

Can-Do Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper

YC Simply Home Honeydew Melon

Crosscreek's Sweet Sixteen

Have a nice evening ! [smilie=th_Hnh5]

Sheryl - hope your sweetie pup gets to come home today and is doing better!

[smilie=th_Hnh5] <------- I know this is supposed to be a dog, but it looks more like a varmint...... :P

Melting CFTKR's English Lemon Curd. Mmmmmm......lemon-eeeeee good!

Kim, I just couldn't deal with it today. It dried instantly, so it's not like it can get any worse, right? I had so much to do today-clearing out the rest of the stuff in the old apartment and cleaning it. Now I'm exhausted and going to deal with it tomorrow. I will let you all know how it goes.

Sheryl, I hope your Jack Russell gets better soon.

I'm having a scent-gasm here - great stuff going!

From Can-Do: Sweet Milk (smells just like Tres Leches Cake from Cloud Nine to me, only stronger), Satsuma (great orange, not sweet - can almost smell the peel!), Crescent Rolls (yum), Caramel Turtles (double yum).

Nene's: Fresh Baked Bread (super delicious) and Caramel Corn (new one to me - very nice).

Also have my Cappuccino Brulee votives from Haley's going. Those are giving off a nice scent throw.

Good evening!

I'm melting a favorite...Pistachio Ice Cream. I also have 2 YC candles going - Macintosh and Mulling Spices.

Sheryl - I hope your pooch makes a speedy recovery.

Candlelove - I am a huge Burnt Cream fan too! I just bought another bag today. Man is that one yummy scent!

The White Cake tart just wasn't cutting it for me. I find this odd, because I normally love this scent. Weird.

Switched to GHBT - Tranquil Sleep - smells spa-like

Also have some candles burning ~

Illuminations pillar - Meyer Lemon

Warm Glow hearth candle - Italian Wedding Cake

Just lit my YC Cinnamon & Sugar candle after almost sleeping through the Office for the second week in a row. AMS sage & citrus has been nice and strong today!

My last post for April.

We've been at DS's school open house tonight.

Crosscreek - Honey Patchouli

See you in May. [smilie=th_funny]

:)

Last melt of the day....Frosted Lime Cupcakes by AMS. I'm very low on Christy's tarts, can't wait to get my order!

Finally home, first melt of the night is Cozy Cottage Tuscan Lace.

Aria, I hit HomeGoods today...sheesh...too many choices right now! Woodwicks! YC containers of all sizes! YC Swirls!