The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Mania

Good morning! We had a bit of a rough day yesterday, and I didn't have any time to post. My husband came home late the night before and discover my cat downstairs barely moving and meowing, so I got up early and ran her to the vet, where they did emergency surgery.... but it was too late. I feel so bad, and it is difficult to explain to 4 & 5 year olds. :P So then we went out for the rest of the day to play with friends, and that was good and distracting. However, this morning I woke up to realize in doing that I completely forgot to take the kids to a birthday party we had been invited too... whoops. Geez.

So, in hopes of a bright and happy day, I got out the stash of GHBT, which have cured for 2 weeks, and popped in Best Friends. I think it will be strong... some berries and definetly a bit of grape. I hope all of you are having a good weekend!

Oh darlingj1 - I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your pet. That had to be hard on your children and on you, too. I hope things are much better for you and your family today. :P

Good morning all!

Darling - I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat. Hugs to your and your family.

This morning I'm melting Wildberry Mousse from CFTKR.

I've finished my cleaning and am looking forward to my date with DH tonight. He wants to go to P.F. Changs. I like this place a lot but I'm not in the mood for it. We'll see. Maybe we can come up with a better idea. DD isn't too happy about being left out of the fun but I really don't want to go to a kid friendly place today. I'm sick of junk food dinners out and the numerous trips to the bathroom just for the thrill of it.

Jason, I know what you mean about that toxic smell. I've had a couple of those too. For some odd reason, those are the ones that just linger on and on and on.

Good morning all!

Darling - I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat. Hugs to your and your family.

This morning I'm melting Wildberry Mousse from CFTKR.

I've finished my cleaning and am looking forward to my date with DH tonight. He wants to go to P.F. Changs. I like this place a lot but I'm not in the mood for it. We'll see. Maybe we can come up with a better idea. DD isn't too happy about being left out of the fun but I really don't want to go to a kid friendly place today. I'm sick of junk food dinners out and the numerous trips to the bathroom just for the thrill of it.

Jason, I know what you mean about that toxic smell. I've had a couple of those too. For some odd reason, those are the ones that just linger on and on and on.

Love PF Changs. Hope you enjoy your dinner.

Candlelove, forgot to tell you congrats!!! I hope your team continues to do well! I'm rooting for Memphis (at the moment, LOL).

ETA: completely forgot my scent changes - Dizzy Dame, Delightful Thingz and Sundance gel tart from Pebble Creek.

Darlingj1- I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty. I think it's good that your family spent the day together. Can I ask - was this the Persian U talked about in another thread or your feisty female? You're in my prayers for comfort for your hurting hearts. :P

LLVV - enjoy your date w/your DH!

Melting Can-Do's Pumpkin Bread Pudding.

Thanks Cyn and LLVV... I appreciate that.

LLVV... I love PF Changs, I am jealous! They have fabulous fancy foo foo cocktails, have one of those and it will get you in the mood for date night... even if you are not in the mood for the food! :P

Sorry sweet, didn't mean to ignore your post, I was messing around changing my avatar. It was my fiesty female... the only cat my DH has ever liked... so it is sad. Now I really can't decide what to do about the persian... should I give him away, and just not have kitties for awhile, or should I try and find him another friend? Conundrums....

Ana.... I am so very sorry about your neice, I can't imagine. I wish I had some Sea Spray I would send it to you... burning blue for a whole month is an excellent idea, I hope it helps.

Darling I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I had to have my put to sleep last month (after $150 worth of test~! UGH!!!) It was horrible trying to explain to the kids why we took it to the vet to get help for him and didn't get to bring him back home. :P

I had to throw the watermelon tarts out. I started 3 of them from Missy's and got no throw from them at all. THen two hours later they had no smell at all. Not even when you stood right over them. I have not had any luck with any of the tarts I got from Missys. I've been very disappointed.

Now, I have on GHBT's Clean and Fresh and it is out of this world. Lemony and Clean and Fresh... just like its name. I LOVE THIS ONE.

Hi everyone,

Gosh, too much sadness here this morning. I am sincerely sorry about your niece, Ana. How tragic.

Darling, that's awful about your kitty. Losing a pet is so hard. Double hard when you have to explain it to the kids.

And Denimsway, belated sympathies on the loss of your kitty too.

Hugs, healing thoughts and prayers for those of you going through difficulties. :P

Candlelove, congrats on the team and the tournament!

I'm melting AMS Buttered Rum. It is divine and strong. I need something warm and comforting on this cold, rainy, very windy day.

Gail

Darling-I'm so sorry about the loss of your family pet. I hope the kids had fun yesterday in spite of it.

Cyn, what great sounding melt names. I may have to try Pebble Creek soon! Do they smell good so far?

Just a bit of EE-gingerbread (what can I say, I like the scent) lingering in the main room while we enjoy some fresh Spring air! It is 65F here today and the sun is shining. I'm so glad I get to enjoy this Sunday off. Off to BBQ with friends after running some errands.

Darling-I'm so sorry about the loss of your family pet. I hope the kids had fun yesterday in spite of it.

Cyn, what great sounding melt names. I may have to try Pebble Creek soon! Do they smell good so far?

Just a bit of EE-gingerbread (what can I say, I like the scent) lingering in the main room while we enjoy some fresh Spring air! It is 65F here today and the sun is shining. I'm so glad I get to enjoy this Sunday off. Off to BBQ with friends after running some errands.

Oh, I wrote that poorly, mmdolinar. The Dizzy Dame is from Delightful Thingz (no scent) and Sundance is from Pebble Creek. I think the scents are OK from Pebble Creek, but I'm not crazy about the gel tarts. Vermont Maple Crunch was strong and lasted a long time. Sundance is a lighter, pretty scent.

Your day sounds like fun. Enjoy!

Aww, many prayers to all of you with losses. Hope a new cycle begins for all of you with some happiness!

Happy here the way my house smells!

CP ~ Mint Chocolate Ice Cream

LOL ~ Vanilla Crunch

CCCC ~ Peppermint Kisses

Can -Do ~ Peppermint

This is just the mint group I have going today. :P

We decided on PF Changs. I'm going to get a pina colada and sichuan fish. The mall that we're going to has a Yankee, so why not take a look, right?

I'm giving CFTKR's Lemon Poppy Seed Cake a second shot. I couldn't throw out the bag without trying it one more time in my trusted 24 watt burner. This time I'm getting some throw. In the 18 watt one I got nothing. It's doing better but still not as strong as I usually get from Carol's tarts. I'm smelling a sweet bakery vanilla sort of smell...not very much lemon. It's good but not fantastic. I'll keep the bag and make sure I use the 24 watter with this scent.

melting Cider Snap from CFTKR, Cranberry Crumble from Cottage Hill Creations and Almond Fortune Cookie from CFTKR. All smell fantastic.

Hey denim....I emailed you....don't know if it went through or not.

Melting Blackberry Fizz from AMS today. Very good scent!

Hi all! Busy day so far so this is my first post today. I'm melting:

K - Frosted Orange Cupcake - Spotted Hog - This one is actually kind of nice and it's pretty strong too

LR - Lily of the Valley - Cheryl's - This is a nice moderately strong version of lily of the valley but I've smelled better

BR - Beach Vacation - YC - I figured I would try another of the new YC scents and this one is nice but I'm not loving it - I don't think it's strong at all actually and when I go close I smell some coconut in there which I don't like

Burning an Illuminations Sunflower jar in the bath.

Condolences to those who have had a bad time recently. Melting the blue for you all.

This late afternoon I'm melting HoT- Burmese Woods Type. I've been outside this afternoon cleaning out my flower beds. I hope everyone is having a good day.

I am sorry for losses to family and critter family. My thoughts are with you all.

I'm sending good thoughts to everyone who needs it right now. I'm sorry about your kitty darlingj1. :)

Heart2Heart and sweet&spiceygrl - Thanks! I thought Chewie should get another shot at the Avatar, especially since there is a bunny (well a bunny butt) making an appearance. :( Sweet, I forget that we have kitties that look alike! Maybe we should start a thread where people can post pictures of their fur babies. That might be fun.

On to melting....

I just switched out from LOL's Vanille Abricot to Crosscreek's Fresh Baked Bread. Vanille Abricot is such a nice scent, it's just too light. Plus, DH is making a sauce with meatballs and sausage etc. The bread scent goes better.