The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Mania

Howdy all! I ended up melting Lemon Ice instead of Baby Powder. I'll melt Baby Powder next because I wasn't crazy about Lemon Ice. I'm not having much luck with lemon scents lately.

Oh no, say it ain't so Silly. I guess heading out to Smith Haven wont be such a great idea today. Darn it, I had to return something at Williams Sonoma and buy a birthday gift for one of DD's friends. DH went to get a haircut at a place on 25A. I'll ask him about the roads over there.

For me (Silly and I live in the same town) this parade is a major inconvenience because I love off of the main street where the parade passes...thus, we can't get out of our area without going onto this main street.

It's a beautiful, sunny, Sunday in Indy. This morning I am melting Ten Digits-Nag Champa, nice and strong just like I like them. I did not get the e-mail from Christy but I'm sad and feel bad for her. Hopefully, she will be able to open again in the future. I hope everyone has a relaxing day.

Howdy all! I ended up melting Lemon Ice instead of Baby Powder. I'll melt Baby Powder next because I wasn't crazy about Lemon Ice. I'm not having much luck with lemon scents lately.

We're on the same CFTKR wavelength LLVV. :shock: I was looking at her Baby Powder, too. What was it about the Lemon Ice U didn't care for?

Melting BG's All American Apple Pie. While it's a good scent, it doesn't smell (to me) like a pie baking in the oven. I think a good apple pie scent is hard to find... [smilie=th_bighug-1]

:lol:

Hey Sweet&spicy. I'm very particular about citrus scents because many tend to give off a chemical sort of smell. I like them sweet and tart but not chemically. This one was way too chemical smelling for me. I didn't really get any of the vanilla that is supposed to be in it. If you're looking for an awesome lemon from Carol, here are a few: English Lemon Curd, Lemon Sugar, Lemon Meringue, and Lemon Chiffon. Her Lemon Pound Cake is also nice but the ones I mentioned before are better IMO.

I love CFTKR's Lemon Sugar.... hmmmm.

The Pink Sugared Raspberries did not last long this morning.... not my mix.

I change it out and melted CFTKR's Cinnamon Apple Strudel. This one I liked.

Right now I am burning a Polka Dot Candle votive, Vanilla Cupcake.

Hello! I am burning my third tealight under one of Missy's Macintosh Apple Tarts which has been absolutely wonderful, and one of the only melts lately that my DH has approved of. So, out of continual frustration from not being able to place my LOL order, I just did another order from Missy... getting entered into a contest also makes me happy. Plus I should get a free tealight melter, and that is cool too! I just got the scalloped tarts this time, I was not so impressed with the shapes. Has anyone tried her Jolly Rancher green apple? I ordered a few of those too in hopes they would be as good as the macintosh.

They are similar but if I remember correctly, the English Lemon Curd is a bit sweeter.

This afternoon I'm melting Citrus Strawberry...a great improvement!

Bigred - how is the Echos of the Orient? Is it ginger or amber?

Today I have had drowning wicks - Arts & Hearts Cypress Creek mainly. (jules - did you try their candles or just the tarts?)

Tarts melting:

Lemony Lavender - AMS - very strong with a tealight

Lemongrass and Sage - AJ's - strong but lasted abot 3 hours with 24w

Almost Country - Lemon Pound Cake - tealight and I can't really smell it very much.

Hi all changed out scents to:

K - Vanilla Almond Twist - Blue Gecko - This one is really nice and surprisingly strong for a small sample tart.

LR - Berry Patchouli - CFTKR - One of my favorites from Carol

BR - Honeysuckle - Cheryl's - This one has had a few weeks to cure now and the cold sniff was MUCH stronger than when I first got it - it's a very rich, creamy, almost buttery honeysuckle scent - very nice and moderately strong

Still melting CBV's Echoes from the Orient in the bath - it's a really good scent and much longer lasting because of the lower heat from the tealight. It also does much better in there because it's not a very strong scent to begin with and being in a smaller room makes it seem a lot stronger. [smilie=th_c032]

Still have, since this morning, the Hazelnut Cream, from Soy Lovely going. And they are still smelling wonderful .

This scent is definately going to be a re-order for me. I love the Vanilla hazelnut scents, especially when you find a really good one. I love the Vanilla Hazelnut from Ten Digit too [smilie=th_c032]

Hi!

This afternoon I have on

CFTKR's Hot Orange Danish...very good!

CFTKR's Lollipop...alittle on the light side

Goose Creek Candle in Sugar Cookie

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the afternoon!

darlingJ....if you like Missy's Tempting Tarts you should try her new scent in Red Velvet Cake. I liked it so much I ordered a bag full! I have not tried her Jolly Rancher Apple yet.

Changed over to Sweetnuts and Cherries from Christy. I sure am going to miss her. She makes a wonderful product.

darlingJ....if you like Missy's Tempting Tarts you should try her new scent in Red Velvet Cake. I liked it so much I ordered a bag full! I have not tried her Jolly Rancher Apple yet.

Changed over to Sweetnuts and Cherries from Christy. I sure am going to miss her. She makes a wonderful product.

[smilie=th_c032] I did order the Red Velvet Cake, I am excited! I love red velvet cake from almost everyone, although LOL is the very best. I wondered about the new Watermelon Lime freeze too, but couldn't find a place to order it. I also ordered some votives from Missy to try them out.

My Macintosh finally died, so I put in Pineapple Cake from CFTKR.... I have not been blown away by my tarts from Carol, which is sad. I am wondering if I should have more than one in my burner at a time since they seem small, or if I should try them in a smaller room? I know tons of people on here love her stuff, so any advice?

My Macintosh finally died, so I put in Pineapple Cake from CFTKR.... I have not been blown away by my tarts from Carol, which is sad. I am wondering if I should have more than one in my burner at a time since they seem small, or if I should try them in a smaller room? I know tons of people on here love her stuff, so any advice?

Darlingj1 - I'm one who loves Carol's stuff, but I'm not sure what to suggest. Did U try a lot of her scents..or a sampler...or...? Is the room you're melting in a really big one? If it is, how do other vendors do in that room? I take it you've gotten the same results w/all the scents you've tried of hers on different days - ? Sometimes the air flow, weather, etc. changes the scent throw. If you'd like to try some different scents than the ones you've tried, email me and I'll be happy to send you some different ones of hers to try. [smilie=Pattys_day] Maybe someone else has some suggestions..... [smilie=Pattys_day]

Changed to HOT's Cranberry Nog. Not sure about this one. I love cranberry and love eggnog.....but the combo isn't quite doing it for me. Then again, maybe having a pot of spaghetti sauce on cooking doesn't mix well w/it either..... [smilie=Pattys_day] [smilie=Pattys_day]

Darling, I seem to melt my CFKTR scents in the smaller rooms, if I want a stronger throw. If I melt hers in my large open living/dining room, they are more faintly noticed and get stronger as I move towards the melter.

Melted AMS Crystal Blue Waters this morning as my Blue because I'm blue that Christy is closing [smilie=Pattys_day] Hopefully things will straighten out in her personal life and she will reopen one day.

Next melt is going to be Carol's Vanilla Cupcake

Good evening. Tonight's melt will be Cinnamon Sugar from CFTKR. Cold, it smells wonderful.

Anyone going to watch the shuttle take off?