The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
PuppyLove

February's Fabulous Fragrances

Oooh, my title changed...I'm a scent expert. Cool!

:shock: It also says "certified" , LLVV. Certifiably addicted to scent, that is.[smilie=th_hmph]

I'm going with Nene's Cake Batter this afternoon.

Oooo, Jules, I LOVE Nene's Cake Batter....yummers.

Finally aired out the house from the super strong apple scents this morning....now I am melting a favorite ~ EW Blue Sugar....love it!

Ok, the scentsy Cantalope almost singed our nosehairs, so we will have to do the scent last test at home. I let one of my boys pick, so he went with AMS Eucalyptus Spearmint, which is fairly strong and quite nice. It was a freebie. I noticed she put in a lot of "fresh" scents as my freebies since I ordered mainly bakery, I think that was a smart move on her behalf, since it may increase my selection in a re-order. [smilie=th_hmph]

Guest scentedstamper

Thank you mamalana and bigred! I have tried a few of the scents you both mentioned and have been quite pleased.

Had to dump the SH Strawberry Crunch. It smelled like melting plastic. Sadly, I have dumped more than I have liked from there , and yet I know it's popular with many folks. Replaced it with Angie's Strawberry. (another vendor that I 'll not order from again...too many that I did not like, plus they are a bear to get out of my melters!)

It is very sunny today and quite warm. The scents in here are making me happy!

Sheryl

Guest scentedstamper

I'm sorry, I almost forgot- welcome back darlingj1 !!! How was your trip? I have a local Scentsy demo. and have been a customer for a few years. They are a little pricier than most of the online vendors we talk about around here, but I always order enough to qualify as a "show" to get the host bennies and free shipping on the freebies. ( twice a year usually) Their scents are very strong and lasting, and their melters are my very favorite. Plus, CS (through a demo anyway) is great. I had problems with a melter and Scentsy sent me a new one, plus a return label to send the other one back. I have so many favorites, but always re-order Enchanted Mist, Sun Kissed Citrus and Sticky Cinnamon Buns.

Sheryl

Good afternoon everyone. I have wildflower candle buring by old williamsburg candle co. I also have candy apple melting by can't remeber by whom. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Susan

Thank you mamalana and bigred! I have tried a few of the scents you both mentioned and have been quite pleased.

Had to dump the SH Strawberry Crunch. It smelled like melting plastic. Sadly, I have dumped more than I have liked from there , and yet I know it's popular with many folks. Replaced it with Angie's Strawberry. (another vendor that I 'll not order from again...too many that I did not like, plus they are a bear to get out of my melters!)

It is very sunny today and quite warm. The scents in here are making me happy!

Sheryl

Hey stamper, the scents I've really liked from Spotted Hog so far are:

Paradise - this one is STRONG - A favorite

Freesia - a favorite - so much a favorite that I ordered the big bag of brittle with my last order

Peach Grove & Citrus Blossom - a favorite

Apples and Maple Bourbon

Honeydew & Summer Berries - now called Sweethearts

Belissima Blueberry

Lilac

Fruit Lupes

Hawaiian Breeze - a favorite

Apple Blossom

Rose Merry Mint - this one is STRONG and very complex and different - a favorite

Berry Tangerine - a favorite

Plumeria

Cranberry Peach Cider - a favorite

Peach and Sweet Berries

If you are so inclined, you could give some of these a try. All of them have great scent throw and typically last for at least 6-8 hours although with the Paradise and the Rose Merry Mint I got great scent throw for 10-12 hours from one cube of a clamshell. I've had pretty good luck with most of the SH scents I've tried. I didn't like the Green Tea & Cucumber though. YUCK! Very acrid and nose hair singing strong.. And the Fresh Cut Roses didn't last nearly as long as all of the other scents - only lasted about 90 min or so before it completely fizzled out which is why Tarrah sent me a free clamshell of the Rose Merry Mint to try, which is good CS.

I'm sorry, I almost forgot- welcome back darlingj1 !!! How was your trip? I have a local Scentsy demo. and have been a customer for a few years. They are a little pricier than most of the online vendors we talk about around here, but I always order enough to qualify as a "show" to get the host bennies and free shipping on the freebies. ( twice a year usually) Their scents are very strong and lasting, and their melters are my very favorite. Plus, CS (through a demo anyway) is great. I had problems with a melter and Scentsy sent me a new one, plus a return label to send the other one back. I have so many favorites, but always re-order Enchanted Mist, Sun Kissed Citrus and Sticky Cinnamon Buns.

Sheryl

Hi Sheryl! My trip was wonderful, San Francisco was terrific, but I am so glad I am not a city girl! I had enough seafood to last me for awhile, and got in some shopping... but I did not buy a single candle, can you believe it? I am pretty psyched about the scentsy melter being your favorite, now I will have to get one. They are so cute, I am just short on electrical outlets, so at home I have tealight melters. I should work on that. My students changed my melt yet again, and now we are on Tahitian Waterfalls, which we all really like. It is strong, but not overpowering.

Guest scentedstamper

Thank you for the recommendations bigred. Okay, I'll reconsider SH before totally writing them off! I DID like a Cinnamon Bun candle from there, and a melt in Waffle Cone.

Editing since darling was on here too! So glad you had a good time and are safely back. Yes, I do love Sentsy, but I'm not a "one vendor gal" !!!! That would be BORING!!!! LOL! Glad to hear Tahitian Waterfall is pretty good since I placed another AMS order. Her votives are so nice. Great burn, though light throw. Tried a 16 oz Mason Jar in Red Hot Cinnamon and it burns very nicely and smells good.

Afternoon addition : I lit a YC Pomegranate and Cider 2 wick.

Sheryl

Thank you for the recommendations bigred. Okay, I'll reconsider SH before totally writing them off! I DID like a Cinnamon Bun candle from there, and a melt in Waffle Cone.

Editing since darling was on here too! So glad you had a good time and are safely back. Yes, I do love Sentsy, but I'm not a "one vendor gal" !!!! That would be BORING!!!! LOL! Glad to hear Tahitian Waterfall is pretty good since I placed another AMS order. Her votives are so nice. Great burn, though light throw. Tried a 16 oz Mason Jar in Red Hot Cinnamon and it burns very nicely and smells good.

Afternoon addition : I lit a YC Pomegranate and Cider 2 wick.

Sheryl

So far out of all the vendors I've tried I find that SH has some of the best fruit scents and they are known for their bakery scents too but I don't really go for those so I couldn't really say. I wish they would add more floral and earthy type scents.

Glad I could help. ;)

Guest scentedstamper

I think I missed Carol's sale, but am in the process of ordering right now! I LOVE her "pink" scents!

Sheryl

I didn't order from this sale, but the "thank you" gifts from her last sale were truly awesome!! Hope you got a good one.

It was a whole bag of these really huge flower shaped tarts. They have to easily weigh more than 2 oz each. Never seen tarts quite this big before. I wonder if I can break them in half, as Carol's tarts are quite hard... ;)

I added Cozy Christmas from AMS's. I LOVE this scent. It's very good and unique! I also put on Coconut from MTT, and it's doing really well.

Speaking of Blue Gecko...one of our office mates melted 1 cube of the Summer Lovin' - and yeowza! It about ran us all out of the office - I am 4 doors away and I had to ask her to turn it off for a bit! (Me! I did! Imagine that!) [smilie=th_insane]

So for those of you that like strong, I'm just sayin....

Wow Debra. [smilie=th_yay] You thought it was too strong? Bet you had to force yourself to ask her to shut it off. :shock: Heart - are you writing this scent down? :lol:

Heart - your new avatar is a hoot! Too funny! (yeah...the pun was on purpose... :lol: )

Melting Cheryl's Sugar & Spice. Another great one from her! So far...it's 2 for 2 being winners. Am loving the scents I got from her... ;)

No new scents for me yet today. I'm still melting the ones from this morning and they are all still going strong, especially the Ylang Ylang from Cheryl's and the Sangre De Grado from Carol (both AWESOME BTW!) and they have all been on all day. 10-12 hour tarts are always a good thing!