The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

January's Frosty Fragrances

Right now, thanks to my DH I am staying home . I worked at an elementary school cafeteria for 10 years until my back and neck got the best of me. Lots of heavy lifting and very hard fast-paced work. Make sure your kids are nice to the "Lunch ladies' because they do work so hard each and every day. I really loved and still miss being around the kids every day. My oldest son will graduate from Purdue Univ. in Computer Graphics Technology this spring, and my youngest son is working at McDonalds. He is thinking about going back to school next fall at IV tech. He is interested in pursuing a Business degree and playing guitar in a band. So that's what I do at this point. Also, not too hard to figure out, I love tarts, and candles. and also have a Barbie collection.

Welcome Darlingj1!!! [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

I am a Mom of 4 and I work part time as a Preschool Teacher. I love working with the 3 year olds because my youngest (twins) are getting big now...they are 10!!! [smilie=group_hug] Time flys! I am amazed at anyone that can teach the older kids...I also teach to 5th graders once a week and I am going BERZERK!!!! [smilie=thank_you] Glad you are here!!!

By the way...Happy Birthday Jayde! (Beautiful name and spelling!)

Switched to Lemon Pound Cake from AMS...yummy!

Kim....I do lecture regularly on the importance of being nice to lunch ladies, secretaries, and janitorial staff they are always the people you can count on when you need help! MaggieMae, I am so impressed with you, just for having twins! My friend has 7 week old twins, and I don't think I could ever do that! Having mine 18 months apart was bad enough. I used to teach preschool but now I love the high school. There is a lot to be said about working with a different age group than you have at home, I think the change has really improved my mental health. Sometimes these guys are still as needy as my 4 year old, and often have the same sense of humor.... but perhaps that is why I love my job? [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Have a wonderful night and I am sure I will talk to you tomorrow, I have staff development day which means no students! [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJackie_vi7]

Just got back from doing the big grocery shopping of the month and I'm wiped out. Time to sit down and enjoy some scents. Snowberry in the kitchen/DR and loft and Winter Wonderland in the kids' bedrooms, both from Scentsy. Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Guest scentedstamper

Hello darlingj1 and my fellow wax lovers! I am SAHM to 5, although my oldest DS is 20 and works full time. (but still EATS and sleeps at home!) My 17 year old DS is a graduate of our home school and works part time. I homeschool our other 2 DD and 1 DS so that, cooking, tons of laundry and being very active in our church keeps me busy! Of course, like all of us here, I LOVE candles and tarts, but also have a semi- addiction to rubber stamping! It's fun and relaxing and we haven't bought greeting or notecards in 5 years! (since I make them myself!)

I very much admire what you do darlingj1! You are very likely the best influence in those children's lives and should feel proud.

Time to feed the troops so we can head out to church but I'll be back later!

Sheryl

ps still melting Crosscreek Cinnamon Crunch Cake and added an LOL "sale" tart Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cookie

Tonight's last melt is 7-up pound cake from GHBT's. Very strong! This will always be a re-order for me!

Tonight's last melt is 7-up pound cake from GHBT's. Very strong! This will always be a re-order for me!

I actually ordered that one from Grandma to try it. [smilie=th_8d1933ff] I'm not converted to bakery scents though! [smilie=th_sHellobar]

Right now I'm burning Colonial's Apple Orchard and Harbor Mist. In separate rooms of course...

Hi All! Just a quick hello before watching some TV for the night. I'm melting Apple Sandalwood Ginger from Carol. It's a lovely scent. I enjoyed the Teakwood Treasures from this afternoon.

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Jayde-I will definitely show her when she gets home from school today. She loves to read this forum with me, and it will tickle her pink that you guys thought of her today. She tells me that she can't wait until she is old enough to start posting on here herself-priceless! My little tart queens!

Too cute Cat. I'm a little late today, but I still wanted to wish her a Happy Birthday! Hope she enjoyed all of her birthday wishes. [smilie=th_sHellobar]

Tonight is LOL's Raspberry Cotton Candy Cupcakes. It's so good and strong!

eta: Still catching up here. Welcome darlingj1! I work for a private investment firm doing admin work. It's a family office (yes, there are about 20 of us working for one family to keep their lives running smooth and money in the bank. I wish!), so it's a small office. I've actually been thinking of going into teaching lately - little ones! I should pay attention to what you all have to say. [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

Tonight's scent is Pink Bayberries from Busy Bee's. It is really good. Wow!

I have that one two, jules - I wll give it try! if I can remember where I stashed it... [smilie=th_sHellobar]

Tonight was a caramel tart that my son gave 2 thumbs down, so I put him on tart selection duty. We are now melting YC Cranberry Mandarin.

Happy Birthday Jayde!! [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

Lisa-I really enjoyed that LOL Cotton Candy Cupcakes, That was a good, strong one. My AMS Grammy's Zucchini Bread lasted about 10 hours. Great scent!

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

I am late, too, but...Happy Birthday Jayde! What a beautiful name. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. [smilie=th_sHellobar]

This evening:

Banana Nut Bread and Butter Brickle - GHBT. Both very good.

Beach Breeze - Harvest Glow.

Hi Jayde! I just wanted to say that you have a pretty name!

I'm still melting Apple Sandalwood Ginger and getting ready (eek...I'm 32) to watch The Real World. They are in Brooklyn this season so being a native NYer it's of interest to me. Plus the cute army boy singer makes it even more fun to watch.

Good evening folks!

Another day IN the office. And yuck, I have to go back in tomorrow for meetings. I know it is getting bad, because yesterday I was in misery without any melts. So today I partially melted one at home to get the scent to start to release, and then took the bowl in and set it on my desk. *LOL* Not as good as melting, but I could smell it.

Driving home with the DD, we pulled onto our block and there were TWO mail trucks sitting in front of the house. She started to laugh. "Okay Mom, I think you have just officially overdone it with ordering melts!

:)

I cracked up, and told her it wasn't really me! Nothing coming in today!

I am melting LOL's Buche de Noel. I think it may rate right up there with Fudged Up Yellow Cake. I believe I am seeing a pattern with me liking chocolatey cake smells!

Just finishing up the cat carrier, so i better get back to work a bit.

[smilie=th_a194]

LOL...Mamalana my DD is like that too. Whenever she sees UPS she knows mommy's new tart shipment has arrived. On a side note...I saw on CNN that USPS is considering cutting Saturday delivery. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Also, not too hard to figure out, I love tarts, and candles. and also have a Barbie collection.

:) Katz, do you have the cases with the hangers, clothes, etc? What do think the original Barbie would melt?

Been trying to get rid of a cooked onion and garlic tonight, so melting:

EW ~ Citrus Linen H2o (wow, doing a great job)

FP ~ Lime Candy Cane

LOL ~ Fruit Loop Cookies

CFTKR ~ Candy Cane

I'm thinking Barbie would melt floral, but if Ken was coming she would hurry to melt something else. [smilie=th_a194]

LLVV, do not feel bad! I'm 32 and watching The Real World right now! I haven't watched it regularly in years, but this season seems more like the old RW I grew up with.

LLVV and Jason, big ole 32 here too and I totally love RW!!! (i dvr it) and agree w/ Jason about this season. Remember Puck? Wonder whatever happened to him. I'm also addicted to Made, it sucks ya in!!

Happy Bday Jayde-great name!

I'm melting my last EW's Frosty Farts:(, AMS Peppermint, and more YC Eggnog n xmas cookies. It's like xmas fest '08 in here.