The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
debra99

Dashing through our scents...

Good afternoon: I'm changing out my scents for the afternoon to : CHC-pomegranate, EW-Coffee with Santa and Candledippers Artic Air. I hope everyone is having a nice day.

What I surprise when I walked out into a white world after work this evening. :shock: It snows so seldom here that when it happens everything just kind of comes to a standstill. It really is pretty, until I have to drive in it. :? I think the melts I chose for the evening are appropriate: New Fallen Snow from Old Virginia and Jack Frost from Mookie Doodle.

Mpfand,

What is up with your crazy weather??? Snow in the desert! I just watched some footage on CNN. That's really cool...if you don't have to drive. Do you suppose there are bets being made about it?

re:snow days

I remember the sheer unexpected joy of a snow day off from school but my kids don't have that. We like the movie "Snow Day" but I still don't think DS's quite get the full appreciation.

Hey, Jules: It is sort of minty, but I'm getting some rose, or florals also. This was the first time I tried Candledipper's scents and they all seem to me to have a floral undertone to them. That's not a bad thing, but it's not really my thing. I also recall a CD walk-in-the- woods that also had alot of greens and florals too. I wonder if this is normal with most of her scents?

Hey, Jules: It is sort of minty, but I'm getting some rose, or florals also. This was the first time I tried Candledipper's scents and they all seem to me to have a floral undertone to them. That's not a bad thing, but it's not really my thing. I also recall a CD walk-in-the- woods that also had alot of greens and florals too. I wonder if this is normal with most of her scents?

I've noticed many of CD's scents have floral notes in them and translate into B&B too. They do them well. It shouldn't be there if it's not in the description though, imo. Their Garden of Eden is very nice, but again, floral notes.

Thanks for the 411 on Arctic Air. :lol:

I've been slacking in the melting department today. :lol: I do have a tannis root votive from evening eclipse burning in the living room, though. I have a lasagna in the oven, so it will just cover up any other scent in the house. So, I'd just be wasting tarts, right? [smilie=th_cray] I'll definitely get to melting tonight after dinner.

Jules, Las Veags hasn't seen snow like that since 1979! Today, however, it's sunny and dry! The school district must've panicked last night, though, because school was canceled for today.

I'm melting Cranberry Walnut from EW downstairs and All Ye Faithful from Melissa's upstairs.

Good afternoon everyone--thanks to all for your BD wishes. I spent the day at Yankee and got a bunch of tarts so I am a happy camper. Our temps warmed up enough to get rid of the ice and that is good. I always like to get back to bare ground before the next batch hits. For the rest of the day it is Chocolate Cupcake from Yankee downstairs and I may put a Buttercream from YC upstairs. Enjoy the rest of your day--I plan to.

Aria--so glad you are feeling better--everyone take care and get and/or stay well for Christmas.

Just added Sugared Spruce from Candle Dippers to the powder room. The mini meltez are the perfect size for my plug in melter!

Way behind in my melting for today. Had to drive to pick my DD up from college for the holiday break.

CFTKR Christmas Past

EW Hearth and Home

Smells great in here!

Aria, Glad you are feeling better!

Guest Doe

YC- Christmas Cookie in kitchen/family room

Busy Bee- Sugared Vanilla - nice but light scent

Busy Bee- Pear Berry in master bedroom- very nice scent

Guest Anonymous

Wow - mpfand...snow in Vegas???!!!! How cool was that! (literally! :lol: )

Melting GHBT's gingerbread man. This is a good one - smells just like cookies are baking

in the oven......

burning YC Christmas Wreath

melting SH Dickens Christmas

Haven't melted in the last 24 hours because of DH's accident, but now I am back at it!

Picked up the "larger" baskets today for the "pounds" of tarts I've been getting. Finally, I started to melt again...CanDo Dried Apple Slices. Nice.

Today it's been Christmas Cabin from AMS. in the kitchen and Vanilla Oak from GHBT's in the den. Also Mimosa in the bedroom from Candle Haven. All smell wonderful!

Good evening all! It's starting to feel a lot like Christmas on LI. We're expecting our first snow storm. We're all excited but we have 3 parties to go to tomorrow. DD's preschool party in the morning which I'm reading a story to the kids during, DD's karate school party in the afternoon, and then a sort of party at some friends that are also DD's friend's parents at a diner. I'm hoping the weather will allow us to do all of this or DD will be very disappointed. I love a good snow storm but tomorrow just isn't the right day for one.

Christy, how is your DD doing this evening? I hope that things are getting better for him.

MP - I saw on CNN's or Fox's site a picture of snow in Las Vegas and I had to do a double take and read the article to make sure it was for real. Then I saw a new clip on CNN this afternoon. Cool for you! I bet everyone over there is excited about it!

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Christmas Stocking. I'm so sad she didn't bring it back this Christmas. I think that it is one of her own creations. It's a spicy apple scent. I'm also burning YC's Home for the Holidays.

DD's preschool teachers are going to be so lucky...they are getting Warm Glow Candles for their presents this year. I couldn't resist and had to justify to DH another wax expenditure. I'll get more for myself next year.

Gotta eat my orange now. Can't eat an orange and type...I hate sticky keyboard. Good night all!

DH is much better than he was last night. Still not his usual self, it will probably be a few more days. He has been napping on and off all day and just seems subdued when he is awake. We have been watching a lot of TV, which is excellent because we both just finished finals, papers, etc. for this semester. Thanks to everyone for your nice messages!

I'm liking SH's Dickens Christmas ok but it seems like more of a fall scent to me.

Dumped out the 2nd Christmas Eve - I seem to have trouble smelling that scent.

Now I also have a Candle Dippers melting - Calming Waters and Tuscadero's Satin Sheets is melting also.