The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
debra99

Dashing through our scents...

I have HoT's Sweet Potato Danish going and MD's Brown Sugar Candied Yams.

I hope everyone has a good night. [smilie=th_aa20]

Guest Anonymous

Changed to CP's cranberry for the evening melt.

Heart - it's verrrry good - and strong. Not overly so, but a good one. Maybe her site warns that they're strong for the regular, average tart melter, not the 'addicted' ones like us. :lol: Ya know....we're not average.....we're special! [smilie=cloud_9]

Hello everyone! After my dentist appointment, we decided to go to NYC on a whim to see the Rockefellar Tree. By 4 DD was exhausted so we headed home. We had a great day but no melting for me. I just started Carol's Butterscotch Candy but I think most of the scent was used up last night. That's ok...I'm tired and am going to sleep too. Goodnight!

Ugh...having trouble posting.

Still melting Cheryl's Vanilla Bliss since last night. Still really strong. Love it.

Have her Chestnuts and Brown Sugar in the living room...just started.

I also got Cocoa Pink, but so far have been under impressed. Nice strong throw and scent to start with the ones I have tired, but they don't last. Use 1/4 oz like the site says...can't imagine. My melter would eat it up and spit it out in a matter of minutes.

I have to agree with you now slpit. I noticed a color difference in some of the tarts (found a couple that obviously had cured), and I melted the Martha's Pumpkin Soufflè (super strong) and the Blackberry Jam Cookies (very strong), but they fizzled out after an hour. I used different wattages for the same scents and got the same results. I guess tarts aren't their specialty items. I would not re-order just based on the short time they lasted. Very good scents, so I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying them. No chasing me out of the house.... :lol: . The sample package I got of their body products smell fabulous!

Melting EW's Peppermint Kiss Kiss

Candledipper's Orange Chiffon Cake

I'm in heaven with so many new ones to melt! [smilie=cloud_9]

Burned Teaberry Mountian's Adirondack Mountian- it's a great sniff cold, but it blasted me out of the house when lit. I burned 3 tiny stars and I had to blow out 2. I think the scent is a bit too strong for me... :lol: I never say that! It's one of those scents that's nice for a while, but just too much after about 30 minutes.

Changed to CP's cranberry for the evening melt.

Heart - it's verrrry good - and strong. Not overly so, but a good one. Maybe her site warns that they're strong for the regular, average tart melter, not the 'addicted' ones like us. :P Ya know....we're not average.....we're special! :lol:

:lol:

I may have that cranberry in one of the gift sets I bought. Ya think it would be okay if I took one tart out?

Isn't it great to be so special? :lol:

LLVV, I envy the fact that you live close enough to NYC to take a day trip there! Wish I lived that close. Actually, I would like to live directly in NYC, but DP isn't budging right now.

Tonight it's YC Sparkling Snow. May have to get the large jar of this if it goes on clearance after the holidays. It would be a great all-around winter scent. Also have Can-Do's Woodland Wreath. Had to look up the description: which is a mildly spicy, woodsy scent with notes of fir tree and sandalwood, patchouli and amber. This one would be a great non-holiday scent as well.

Trying out a few votive from the Colorado Candle Company....Red Hot Cinnamon and Christmas Tree. I am loving both of them. I think i will try a few of their Cracker jar candles, since they are offering free shipping :lol:

Now i just have to narrow down a few scents that i want to try.

:lol:

Just stopping in for a quick hello!

My parents are here for baking, shopping and decorating this weekend. We managed to shop, bake and get our tree yesterday! It was busy!

Today we woke up to snow. It is beautiful. The snow is the "icing on the cake" for our festive weekend!

We will be baking and decorating the tree today.

Not melting much because of all the baking, but I might put on a candle today.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Recent melts are suds and light cranberry walnut torte, sandalwood from candles, melts, and more, and GHBT haunted mansion...got my tree yesterday, but left it soaking in a bucket of water outside overnight. Today we'll be trimming it! :lol:

Good morning! I just started melting Carol's Holiday Cheer and Cranberry Woodspice. Have a great day! It's snowing over here! Yipeee!

Good morning.

Fleur, that sounds like a picture perfect weekend. Enjoy! Don't forget to take pictures for posterity.

Dabba, you've got a great day planned too.

There's been talk of the Snowbird Nat'ls Drag Racing today but I'm not sure if it's still on the table. It's either do all the chores and errands that everyday life requires, or scrap it all and go play today. Both ideas are tugging my arms.

This morning I'm melting too beautiful scents. :lol:

CYS - Autumn Song

HoT - Pretty Autumn Leaves

Neither one has any spice note to it, which is why I like them. They are nothing like YC Autumn Leaves or Autumn Wreath. (those are good but not today)

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Yes, its snowing here on Long Island. Not too much, just enough to look pretty, but still allow me to drive around today. I DO NOT DRIVE IN SNOW! I just hate the feeling of not having total control of my car. Sooooo, if the streets are not clear, I don't drive.

Anyway, this morning I'm melting EW Frosty Farts. Just starting to melt, so I'll have to let you know how it is later.

Have a great day all!

Good Sunday Morning! It's cold here and snowed all day yesterday, so everything is white, white, white! I think we got about 4 inches of fresh snow. Kids are lovin' it!

fleur, your weekend sounds so wonderful.....enjoy! We are going to put up our tree today too. No cookies baking yet though.....

Jules, your scents sound just loverly!

LLVV, your post has inspired me to go and dig out Cranberry Woodspice from Carol...I have almost a whole bag of it and forgot about it until you mentioned it! It is a wonderful scent....it's very cozy smelling.

Well, off to find Cranberry Woodspice tarts......

It sounds like everyone is having a fun, cozy weekend. I had to revamp the lights on my grapevine tree I made several years ago, so that took alot of my time yesterday. We do have the main tree up, just not decorated yet. I plan to do today. Everyone be safe if they are out and about and if with family, have a great day, and yes do take pictures.

Oh yea, I'm melting on my warmer Busy Bee's Homespun Sugar and EW- Egyptian Moon. EW Forest Fairy is wonderful, by the way. You smell the vanilla, and then a nice,not overpowering cedar scent blends in. Very nice!!

Good Morning, I have a lot of melting going on. YC Orchard Pear (candle), Pure Intergrity Vanilla (candle) GHBT Apple Jack peel,CFTKR Sugar Spruce. I have a old votive from party lite in cinnamon bayberry. Not getting any fragrance from the votive but it looks nice in the powder room.

I hope everyone has a great day.

This morning I'm melting YC Red Apple Wreath,and upstairs YC Gingerbread Maple.No snow here today,but it's very cold.Have a nice Sunday!

I've added Balsam & Citrus into the mix for some Christmas tree smell. Have a great afternoon!

This morning I am finishing out my previous melt, and this afternoon will be Nene's Spiced Cranberry. I figured that would be somewhat festive while I wait for holiday tarts to arrive in the mail! :lol: I also plan to try my GC Boughs and Berries this evening.

Hopefully today I can get some housecleaning and studying done while DH is up at the law school studying for his finals...

:lol: then later it will be... :lol:

fleur, sounds like you're having a wonderful week-end with your parents. :lol:

I just started melting Holiday Home from Harvest Glow. I put one clamshell cube in two different melters downstairs and am already getting whiffs of it upstairs!