The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
debra99

Dashing through our scents...

Guest Anonymous

There's been talk of the Snowbird Nat'ls Drag Racing today but I'm not sure if it's still on the table. It's either do all the chores and errands that everyday life requires, or scrap it all and go play today. Both ideas are tugging my arms.

Ummm....your chores will still be there tomorrow....will the drag racing? Just askin.... :lol: :lol:

Melting HOT's texas baked apple. I wasn't real enthusiatic about this from the cold sniff...but when melted - it's wonderful!!

candlelove - interesting that your 2 wicker YC did the same thing!

Trep - are you using electric or tealight for your Mainstay Gingerbread? I melted mine in a tealight last night and could hardly smell it!

Fleur - I am jealous! Our cookie baking always takes place at the last minute because we always say we don't need all those calories around, then a couple days before Christmas we realize just how silly we are being and go into a baking frenzy...

Crosscreek's Rocky Mountain Christmas, a CF buddy gift, is melting. My first "pine" of the Holiday season and it is a good one!

Hi everyone! As fleur mentioned, the snow here in CT is just beautiful and so festive! It's still coming down, and DD and DH have left to do a littel Christmas shopping.

I spent this morning putting the finishing touches on my wrapping and now am on to the Christmas cards.

Today I'm melting:

Cinnamon Noel Cookies - Crosscreek

Christmas Wreath- Crosscreek

Cranberry Woodspice - CFTKR

Christmas Cookie - Yankee

Country Christmas - Angie's

This all are delish and quite strong but my fave today is the Cinnamon Noel Cookies.

Oh, and yesterday I melted a balsam fir tart called Maine Woods that was fabulous! It was from a company called Pineridge Scents Candle Company, and it was probably the most authentic balsam - definitely not a pine - scent I've ever melted. If anyone's looking for a good Christmas tree scent that doesn't smell like the bathrooms at an interstate rest area, this is it!!

Guest Doe

Busy Bee- Chestnuts and Brown Sugar - upstairs

Nene's- Bake Shoppe- in family room/ kitchen area

YC -Red apple wreath votive going in computer room

YC- autumn wreath votive going in guest bath

So nice to be able to melt and burn candles again : )

Hope everyone had a wonderful safe weekend !

Debra--I used my 20 watt from tartburners with the tin on the plate. Anymore that is about all I use. I have, however, done the gingerbread in a tealight and got a good throw with that also. Perhaps you got a dud. It seems to me that I did have one of these that didn't smell much but I have done about a dozen all together and the rest were fine. Better luck with your next one as this is a really nice scent.

I have had Harvest from YC on this afternoon but today it smells like a men's cologne to me. My family says it doesn't so obviously my nose is out of whack. I am about ready for something else but I'm not sure what.

Thanks trep. It was probably a dud then. I have had a lot of duds lately :lol: !

We just heard that our out of state son is moving back to town for his job and to start applying to graduate schools. YAY! He will be living with us for a bit. (Not so yay!) Oh well, it is not forever...and he is a tart melter!

Am switching things out, just starting to decorate as DH is pretty sure you are not suppose to break out the lights and carols until the 2nd week in December. LOL! Will light my YC Sparkling Pine candle and see where to go from there.

I am melting Crosscreek's Plum Pudding downstairs... very nice. I am burning a Fig candle upstairs.

Started off the day with Christmas Wreath by Missy's Tempting Tarts- so strong- and just switched to Christmas Kitchen by Almost Country. The house and tree are finally decorated and the stress has been lifted. :lol:

That's good news about your son, Debra. Everyone's scents sound wonderful today. I have been separating some of my Nene's order and repackaging each tart and labeling them so I can make my own sampler bags for gifts. This evening it's Busy Bee's Frangelico Struesel. Also, burning a YC balsam and cedar votive in BR. I hope everyone has a good evening. I'm tired from the decorating today at my house, so until tomorrow....

Tonight it's Oak Moss from Angie's. This is a good strong scent! Also Lavender vanilla from AMS. Another good strong one! :lol:

Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend! I just started melting a little while ago. We are having a last minute party next Saturday so we were out shopping all day. I'll be melting MD's Brown Sugar and Fig for the rest of the night.

Home from a long day. Really cold out there so I am burning YC Christmas Cookie and YC Sugared Plum. I love this one. I also have cinnamon apple pillars going from Pier 1.

Have a great evening everyone!

Debra, Congrats on getting your "little one" back home with you. I have no clue what I'm going to do without DD once she grows up. DH says that I can always snuggle with him. My respone..."Uh, you don't smell of baby powder and sweetness". [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Have a wonderful night everyone!

Guest Anonymous

It's nice and cold today, not as cold as those of you who have snow ( I am btw so jealous of the snow) We got all of our Christmas stuff finally up!! Now I relaxing by the fire and melting

LOL--Boughs of Holly, very fresh and yummy, not sure if it has a touch of cherry or not.

CP--red velvet cake--love this one!!

Busy Bees- apple cinnamon

Hope you all have a great upcoming week!!!

Tonight I'm finishing up EW's Frosty Farts, and YC Gingerbread.

It was a bitterly cold day here today, but I did manage to get more of my shopping done, I'm about 90 percent finished. I even wrapped about 20 gifts, there is probably another 60 down there to be down. But a little bit at a time is how is has to go.

Have a great night all!

Hi all. Haven't posted on here all day and I am going through withdrawals already! Is CF an addiction, just like my wax addiction?

Tonight's scents:

Christmas Plum & Mulberry-CFTKR: Very nice scent. Sweet, Christmassy, perhaps a hint of bakery. It's yummy!

Bayberry-LOL: Love bayberry scents and this is a good one.

Also, four candles burning that you've all heard about before. Hope everyone has a great, festive week!

So true, Jason.

This morning's melts are relights all.

Autumn Song CYS

Blueberry Scone YC

2 jar candles are at the bottom inch of wax.

After errands, I get to start with all fresh new ones.

Have a good morning, everyone. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676] Keep that coffee coming.