The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
debra99

Dashing through our scents...

Thank you everyone for the gift suggestions. I think I'm going to get the Starbucks gc or a movie theater one.

Good morning! I'm melting Home Sweet Home and Spiced Cranberry. I love Carol's version of Home Sweet Home. It's got this wonderful buttery note to it that YC's doesn't have. My Warm Glow Northern Pine candle isn't cooperating at all. The first time I lit it the flame was the highest flame I've ever seen...like 4" or something (yes, I trimmed it beforehand). I blew it out, trimmed again, and then no flame. The darn thing wouldn't light. After 10 or so tries, it lit but kept blowing itself out. I tried again 2x today and same thing. I'm so sad...the candle is so pretty and cost me $10. [smilie=th_happy096]

Question...anyone know what to get a young 20s year old male karate teacher for Christmas? I'm having a hard time picking out a give $10 or less for DD's teacher. He came to her birthday party and he didn't have to so I want to give him something nice but not too expensive. I don't think he's into candles so I have no clue.

LLVV, when in doubt, gift card. If he's in our town, get him a gift certificate for the car wash up the block. Every guy who I've given that to, loves it. Or if thats not good, Starbucks, everyone loves either the coffee, or their cold drinks. Let me know what you decide, I'm curious.

For the afternoon I'm melting Mookie Doodle's Peach Bellini in the living room, Such a Girly Girl in the bathroom and CYS's Candy Girl in the bedroom. I wanted to get some sweet smelling girlie scents going before my BF and friends from his work came over this evening.

I love love love the Peach bellini. It has a great throw for a little 1oz soy tart!

I still have Carol's Home Sweet Home melting but I think that it's due for a change. The next tart will be Butterscotch Candy. Downstairs I have Cranberry Woodspice melting. It reminds me of YC's Autumn Gold...very nice scent.

Hey jules - the Kentucky Bluegrass is a very light scent, it is a cut grass smell (like that should have been a surprise, right?) but the smell of the soy seems to be overpowering the fragrance. I think that is what I was smeliing in the cold sniff. I am going to try it in the powder next.

Tonight has been a Pacifica Candle: Nerola Orange Blossom (I love all their scents),

and Tropical Breezes Winterspice is melting.

Melting Cocoa Pink's Red Velvet Cake and Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. I have to wonder if these need to cure. I can barely smell these. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

I haven't melted Red Velvet Cake yet, but the ones I have smell really strong cold. Mint Chocolate Chip was very strong, almost too strong....even DH commented. I do usually let mine cure for a while, so maybe that's it?

I had LOL's 32 Degrees melting tonight. Nite all!

Melting Cocoa Pink's Red Velvet Cake and Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. I have to wonder if these need to cure. I can barely smell these. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

I thought these were supposed to chase you out of the room or something. I hope your other ones do better.

Finally home from a long, busy day and melting! I have Coffee With Santa from EW and Gingerbread from YC going and they smell great blending together from their separate rooms. I keep thinking these two would be great for a Christmas dinner at dessert time.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Busy day and finally off to bed...burned Ylang & Patchouli by Teaberry and it was wonderful...the Ylang really soften the Patchouli. Even though I love Patchouli, this is wonderful!

Overnight melts were Can-do's donna's donuts, Soy Lovely orange pomander, and two YC macintosh apples in the den. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Added can-do's black raspberry vanlla