The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
debra99

Dashing through our scents...

oh my deb! I can just imagine the mess! What about the doggy's tail? Does he smell all pretty and minty now?

First melt of the day is Carol's Apple Cinnamon Strudel...wonderful....still taking a little break from the balsam, minty holiday scents.....think I'll also light up my Warm Glow Snickerdoodle candle since it's supposed to be cloudy here today.

Have a great smelling Friday everyone! :P

twinsmom - what a great schedule! I hope you enjoy it.

Our evening has been about wax removal. The golden retriever started playing keep away with his toy and went in near the glass coffee table - a place he is too big to get by...yeah...a long hairy tail flinging melted wax across the room as it wagged. It looked like the area had been come out of one of those spin art machines. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

So we were melting Serene Dream Wintermint. Now it pretty much smells like Windex.

Oh Debra... I can see it happening. We have a fluffy golden retriever too. Their tails can wipe everything off a coffee table! I hope the mess wasn't too big! How's his tail? My girl would be biting it. Of course she would think the wax was a snack. She thinks everything is a snack! With her it is all about the food!

Hope today is spill free!

I have a Baked Bread candle burning in my kitchen from Harvest Glow.......I love that scent, it's seriously making me hungry!!

[smilie=th_bighug-1]

Debra, turn the heat way, way up (like an iron) and dab your entire room with paper towels. [smilie=th_12E9EC16] ...or don't. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

At least it smells good. Right? Jason, you crack me up. It's a Diswaxter! doh!

I'm not melting yet (errands) but I've got HoT Honey Gingerbread and more CYS Nuttin' for Christmas all ready to go.

Congratulations Twinsmom! Hope your new job works out well for you.

• This morning I'm melting CFTKR's Hot Apple Pie,LOL Apple Dumplings and Can Do's Cinnamon Spice.

Good morning! I'm melting Home Sweet Home and Spiced Cranberry. I love Carol's version of Home Sweet Home. It's got this wonderful buttery note to it that YC's doesn't have. My Warm Glow Northern Pine candle isn't cooperating at all. The first time I lit it the flame was the highest flame I've ever seen...like 4" or something (yes, I trimmed it beforehand). I blew it out, trimmed again, and then no flame. The darn thing wouldn't light. After 10 or so tries, it lit but kept blowing itself out. I tried again 2x today and same thing. I'm so sad...the candle is so pretty and cost me $10. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Question...anyone know what to get a young 20s year old male karate teacher for Christmas? I'm having a hard time picking out a give $10 or less for DD's teacher. He came to her birthday party and he didn't have to so I want to give him something nice but not too expensive. I don't think he's into candles so I have no clue.

Starting my day with Coffee with Santa from EW in the kitchen/LR and Country Christmas from Hodge Podge in the kids' rooms.

LLVV, we have a $10 limit for our Secret Santa gift exchange at work and I think I'm just going to get a gift card to a place I know that person likes to go to. You can actually make $10 stretch pretty far at places like Blockbuster, Sonic and Starbucks.

My Busy Bee order came today, and i am melting Enchanted Forest in my LR and a Dark Patchouli votive in my Br. I'll let you know what I think of the scents. Have a great day. [smilie=th_happy096] Added to the blend-Busy Bee's bayberry and pepper. I think I am liking this scent, smelling a peppery, spicy base to this one. ... Nice....

Guest scentedstamper

LLVV, I would agree with the gift card suggestions others have already given. I love giving Starbuck's cards since it's a "treat" that some people won't indulge in so much these days. Since he's probably health concious, maybe a card to a "smoothie" type place in your area? My older boys (16 and 20) love a place here called Keva Juice since they aren't into coffee. (they don't get that from me! LOL!) Movie tickets are a great idea, too.

Finally tapping into my Christmas stash! It's smelling SUPER holiday in here!

melts: Crosscreek Spiced Icicles and Aspen Winter (liking both of these)

LOL Sugared Spruce

Scentsy Winter Wonderland

candles: YC Sparkling Pine (beautiful!)

GC Cinnamon Garland

Have a GREAT day!!!

Sheryl

I am really enjoying reading about everyone's holiday scents!! I started Nene's O Christmas Tree this morning and will probably continue melting it later in the day.

I also think gift cards are wonderful - my boys like the music download cards for their ipods.

Thanks for all the dog-tail condolences. His tail came out remarkably fine - just a few fronds that got frosted. In fact, hard to imagine that little area could spread so much mint! It was light green and I am sure I will be finding blobs around for awhile. We are just lucky it wasn't a bright red or dark blue!

Today I am nonseasonal again - I got my Sheba's order - and one clamshell, Kentucky Bluegrass, smelled so..."unusual"... that I decided to see how it was when melted. [smilie=th_happy096]

Question...anyone know what to get a young 20s year old male karate teacher for Christmas? I'm having a hard time picking out a give $10 or less for DD's teacher. He came to her birthday party and he didn't have to so I want to give him something nice but not too expensive. I don't think he's into candles so I have no clue.

LLVV, there are several websites that let you buy a charity gift card, and then the recipient of the card gets to pick the charity. I think this is nice for the recipient because they have more involvement than just being notified that a donation has been made. I think the other suggestions are great too. If you really are stumped as to what he might like, it's hard to go wrong with a charity-type thing.