The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

April's Addicting Aromas !

O.K. I have to reveal something about me I haven't told til now. When I burn and melt I always correlate the categories. i.e. all florals, bakery etc. I don't dare mix. Unfortunately, this is a costly obsession, because I have 3 burners with the same fragrance and truely love to have the same candle in 2-3 other rooms. I can cut a lot of the big melts in 2 pieces and that helps, but you can't imagine my OCD when I underbuy tarts for a candle or vice versa. Crazy I know but my home does smell co ordinated and lovely. I can do like a mix if the candle has coconut/vanilla/raspberry I can do any or all of those.

Cheryl

O.K. I have to reveal something about me I haven't told til now. When I burn and melt I always correlate the categories. i.e. all florals, bakery etc. I don't dare mix. Unfortunately, this is a costly obsession, because I have 3 burners with the same fragrance and truely love to have the same candle in 2-3 other rooms. I can cut a lot of the big melts in 2 pieces and that helps, but you can't imagine my OCD when I underbuy tarts for a candle or vice versa. Crazy I know but my home does smell co ordinated and lovely. I can do like a mix if the candle has coconut/vanilla/raspberry I can do any or all of those.

Cheryl

Oh my.... and I thought I was the only one!!!! [smilie=th_create]

Apparently I am in need of an intervention....I went in Kohl's and they had the For Everybody Candles BOGOF. I picked up a Sugar Cookie and a Lemon Crisp. Now the Lemon Crisp is a small gift for one of my daughter's close guy friends who loves candles. Then I went to Ross where I found three Colonial At Home candles for really cheap prices. I got pear, watermelon, and moroccan spice. I also picked up two small Root tins. I've never tried Root candles before (they don't have very good reviews)! [smilie=th_create]

Dabba - I have gone to those places and those items just jump into my cart! I am not responsible! LOL! I have several Root tins as well as the glass containers. I think the tins actually have more throw than the containers. The pillars...well...

Guest tammye

Today I am melting LOL and I don't remember how it goes if it is Caramel Green Apples or if it is Green Apples Caramel. Whichever way it is it smells so wonderfu.

Heck i wasn't even using a cart.....those dern things leaped right into my arms, and when i put them down they cried so i had to pick them back up! [smilie=snoopy]

Dabba - You did the right thing. Those helpless little candles needed a home.

[smilie=snoopy]

I'm burning pillars tonight. They needed a "hug".

FMC - French Kiss

BMC - Vaniiglia de Madagascar

and PI melts - Honeysuckle.

LOL, Dabba.

Wickless candle, Tangerine Tulip from Candledippers. Can't smell a thing.

Italian Ice from Bella's - just put it in.

Clifty Creek's Blueberry Muffin was so nasty, I threw it out.

Bella's Lavender & Coconut Milk going now. Ahhhh...

Have a good evening, everyone.

Guest Anonymous

Lemon Candy from Crosscreek, with a chunk of her Buttercream Vanilla mixed in. VOILA! Lemon Candy Smoothie! Yumm-o!

Guest Anonymous

LOL Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies and Chery's Blackberry Sage.

Guest Anonymous

Now have PI's First Bloom melting - Nothing upstairs as of yet.

I have Prim Wishes going in the DR, with Amish Harvest in the LR(I will be changing soon-its almost done)

Candle Haven and Cobblestone respectively

For blue I am burning a Spring Meadow candle...

Guest Anonymous

Wah - Not starting out well with the melts today. For some reason the PI First Bloom fizzled out pretty fast (in the low wattage melter even) and then I put Spotted Hog's lilac in the tealight melter. On cold smell there was a nasty chemical smell, not much lilac at all. Hoping it would mellow out with heat I put it on, but the chemical smell just got WORSE and carried pretty far so I dumped it almost immediately. I'll let that pack sit another couple of weeks and see if it just needed to cure. I got a pack of iced oatmeal cookies from there too freebie with the order) that has that same smell to it so I hope that's all it is - more curing needed. I now have CHC's Wild Watermelon going - Too early yet but it smells yummy cold.

I switched to tarts partly because I was always so frustrated by and disappointed in candles after spending so much money - Some days I have the same thing with tarts but at least it's not a $20.00 jar wasted - It's not so hard to dump $1.00 or so in tart wax..........

Melting Nene's Good Day Sunshine and Carols Vanilla Buttercream Crunch.

Oh my............this is a great combo. The Good Day Sunshine is such a nice fruity, uplifting scent while the Vanilla Buttercream Crunch is so vanilla creamy. They are working well together as one is in the kitchen and one in the livingroom, meeting 1/2 way in the computer room that I am currently occupying.

Both are definate re-orders and 2 of my favorite vendors as well.