The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Sweet September Scents

I've had beachwalk/ sun and sand swirl, beachwalk, and midnight cove (all med jars) going with in 10 feet of each other since morning, and finally after hours and hours and hours there is a tiny smell of beachwalk. I swear ALL the candles I got during the clearance sale were duds [smilie=th_confused3]

UPS man just dropped off PI order and I've started (2 squares) of Pumpkin Pie in my melter. So far PI wins the price for easiest tart to get out of a clamshell

Better than my DH...he says ALL of my tarts smell like either a) solvent or :lol: burning money. :lol:

Keep on keepin' on, Jules!

[smilie=th_confused3] burning money. Har-dee-har-har DH's are so funny.

Hi Everyone!

Got a late start with the melting as I have been out for most of the day. Burning YC Almond Toffee since everyone loved this one. Smells great cold.

Have melting-

CHC Maple Sugar

CHC Hazelnut

Crosscreek Chestnuts & Brown Sugar

This afternoon I'm melting Anisette Cakes from Carol. I love this scent. It smells like a biscotti. If you've tried Yankee's Biscotti and enjoyed it, then you'll enjoy this scent. I'm craving a biscotti and some hazelnut coffee right now but I already had my afternoon snack. Is it dinner time yet?

Hanna is supposed to effect my area late tonight through Sunday. I hope we don't lose our electricity. I've gotten my mom's need to go shopping before a major weather event in my system and stocked up on necessary stuff. I remember when I was a kid and my mom did this right before my first major hurricane back in 1985. She bought a gallon of chocolate chip ice cream. After we lost electricity, she let my dad, dog Cleo, and me eat as much of it as we wanted because it was melting in the freezer.

This afternoon I'm melting Anisette Cakes from Carol. I love this scent. It smells like a biscotti. If you've tried Yankee's Biscotti and enjoyed it, then you'll enjoy this scent. I'm craving a biscotti and some hazelnut coffee right now but I already had my afternoon snack. Is it dinner time yet?

Hanna is supposed to effect my area late tonight through Sunday. I hope we don't lose our electricity. I've gotten my mom's need to go shopping before a major weather event in my system and stocked up on necessary stuff. I remember when I was a kid and my mom did this right before my first major hurricane back in 1985. She bought a gallon of chocolate chip ice cream. After we lost electricity, she let my dad, dog Cleo, and me eat as much of it as we wanted because it was melting in the freezer.

LLVV... we are supposed to get some bad weather from Hanna too... it is so beautiful this afternoon... it is hard to imagine the big storm coming tomorrow... stay safe!

Stay safe from Hanna LLVV and fleur. Love the ice cream story.

littlegoblin, can you return those Yankees? Maybe you can get some nice fall scents to replace them....

mp, you sure raised your daughter right!!!

mj and Jules, most DH's just don't appreciate a good thing!!! lol

For tonight, I am finishing up CH Haunted House in the MB upstairs and downstairs it's YC Pumpkin Pie and CH Warm & Cozy....

Guest Anonymous

Everyone on the east coast - hope Hanna blows out to sea and leaves you alone. Stay safe!

Melting CFTKR pumpkin vanilla. She has some of the best pumpkins - such a variety!

I'm melting Forest Fantasy from my Nene's order. It is fantastic.

LLVV, I used to go get supplies before every storm until Hurricane Charley hit us. We ended up eating all of the frozen food first and never touched the canned goods. What we needed most of all were ice and gas. Best wishes for all in Hanna's path. I am concerned about Ike too right now, but hey, one storm at a time.

For the evening I am melting Sweet Potato Pie from Front Porch.

Hope everyone in Hanna's path stays safe!

I am also thinking good thoughts for the storms to stay away from all of you on the east coast.

LL - I bet, after the ice cream event, you looked forward to storms!

I have yesterday's CYS ginger appletini still going, along with a Dream Tarts Halo scented tart just beginning to melt.

Hi girls

Waiting for the storm to hit the east coast. Ugh, hope its nothing major.

A ltitle excitement would be ok. Maybe just some rain and a bit of wind and then its over.

Melted Carols Sour Watermelon all day and Grazia's Coconut Vanilla Silk. I know fall is coming and alot of you guys have moved onto the fall scents, but I still crave some of my favs. from summer.

Have a wonderful safe weekend everyone.

Hope everyone in the Carolinas is safe from Hanna tonight!

DH and my son are on a trip with the Boy Scouts this weekend - in of all places, Nantucket, which is expected to get hit by this storm later on. Hopefully it won't be too bad for them.

Meantime, tonight as promised I'm melting Amish Harvest, Macintosh Apple, and New England Apple Pie, as well as Autumn Spice and Harvest from Crosscreek. It smells totally fall in my house!

Hope all those in Hanna's path stay safe. They are calling it a Tropical Storm, so that sounds better than Hurricane. Hopefully it doesn't upgrade.

Tonight's tarts:

Celtic Moonspice-Crosscreek: First time trying this scent, believe it or not! It's a very nice spice scent that's general enough for any season. I expected it to be a bit stronger, but it's very good.

Apple Spice Cake-CFTKR: This one is pretty yummy!

This morning's scents are all relights.

Busy Bee - Pumpkin Cornbread

Nene's - Forest Fantasy

HoT - Texas Baked Apple

(4th tealight on the TBA, I keep relighting it to loosen the wax from the melter and then it still smells good so I just let it go)

more Dune Grass and Voluspa Pom & Patch

Good Morning everyone!

Beautiful morning here......hope Hanna is kind to those in her path.

Starting off the day with Busy Bee Farmers Market. Just put it in the melter a second ago. I am trying to figure out what else to melt today.......think I need another cuppa joe to get me going.

mj, hope DH and DS have a nice time with the Boy Scouts. My oldest is in the Cub Scouts....

Oh yeah, I am expecting an order from Crosscreek today....YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!! I ordered several of Deana's new fall scents and more Celtic Moonspice. Deana is such a sweetie and her TAT amazes me!!!! I just placed my order on Tuesday!! :?

So far I am so busy catching up with this forum that I have not cleaned out my melters yet... but I do have a Strawberries and White Cake tart from Sugar and Spice sitting next to my computer ready to go... I keep sniffing this one cold... delightful... I am sure I will add other scents as the day progresses... we will be getting rain today... so I will have to pull out some fun scents to cheer things up!

Have a great day everyone... anyone in Hanna's path, stay safe! :?

Good Morning!

Melting Crosscreeks Chestnuts and Brown Sugar from yesterday and have burning YC Almond Toffee. I really love these two together. Smells wonderful here.

:?