The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Sweet September Scents

Debra, grate the zuc. leave skin on add onion egg and flour to coat salt and pepper and fry them in pattie form. One of my favorites.

My mom used to make these. They are really good. Growing up, we had a 100x100 garden every year. Towards the end of harvest, our neighbors would avoid us, too! :lol:

Hi everyone!

Heidi, glad to hear Seth is doing better!

Heart, glad to hear your hubby is home.

Boogie, Happy Birthday!

Today I have on Autumn Magic from CFTKR. I like it alot. It smells very much like YC's Autumn Woods. I'm wondering if it's supposed to be a dupe. Also, I have my Autumn Gold candle burning.

Debra, there is a local restaurant here that slices zucchini, dips them in a semolina/cornmeal type light batter and fries the slices. It is servied with a creamy horseradish dipping sauce. Yummy! I get it every time we go there. [smilie=th_pullhair] I;m hungry.

Yes Cheryl, it is challenging to find an Autumn scent that isn't soaked in cinnamon. YC did a few good ones last year like Autumn Woods, and I loved the Gingerbread last year too. As I recall, it wasn't too spicy, just sweet and baked.

I only just started melting anything for today. I relit my HoT Texas Baked Apple. It is just as strong and true as last night. I can see the scent wafting up from the bowl.

I'm also relighting my YC Purr-Chouli. I never really got much scent out of this one. I had it in a tart pan and it never really got hot enough. So I'm going to try the same hardened tart in a different melter. I can't throw it away yet. I don't think it had a proper chance.

I just got back from the mall. I wanted to get a small wooden cutting board so I went to Williams Sonoma knowing that they carry a brand that I like. I have a huge wooden one already that cost $99 so I figured that I could get a smaller one for $50 or less. I was shocked that they wanted $85 for a small one. I said no thank you to that. The one that I got for $99 weighs almost 15 pounds and I got online from another store. I guess I'll shop around online again. The plastic one I have is killing my knives. I use it to cut up small things when I don't want to lug out the big one.

I just lit up Chai Tea. This is a really old tart that I got from Carol when I first started buying from her. I wish that she'd carry this scent again because it's awesome...especially for fall.

Of course, since I was at the mall I had to stop in a peak at Yankee. I was hoping they'd have their new Egg Nog candle in stock but no such luck.

Guest Anonymous
I just got back from the mall. I wanted to get a small wooden cutting board so I went to Williams Sonoma knowing that they carry a brand that I like. I have a huge wooden one already that cost $99 so I figured that I could get a smaller one for $50 or less. I was shocked that they wanted $85 for a small one. I said no thank you to that. The one that I got for $99 weighs almost 15 pounds and I got online from another store. I guess I'll shop around online again. The plastic one I have is killing my knives. I use it to cut up small things when I don't want to lug out the big one.

I just lit up Chai Tea. This is a really old tart that I got from Carol when I first started buying from her. I wish that she'd carry this scent again because it's awesome...especially for fall.

Of course, since I was at the mall I had to stop in a peak at Yankee. I was hoping they'd have their new Egg Nog candle in stock but no such luck.

Crosscreek has a GREAT chai scent that I love for fall....Hers is called Cuppa Chai. My kids even beg for that one!

Jules - yum - horseradish sauce is a great idea. I will have to play around with a recipe.

LittleG - I am having the same darn problem. My scent keeps drifting to rooms down the hall. (A complete change from the spring and it is makin' me nuts.)

August Hitching Post: Angel Wings

Brown Bag: Violets in Bloom

Guest stardustgirl

CBV Frenchville Coffee is finishing up.... trying to decide what to try next.

Guest Anonymous

I also need to figure out what to do with all the zucchini I have on my kitchen counter. The neighbors seem to be avoiding me.

Debra- (you might already do this) - grate the zucchini and put into baggies in the amount your zucchini bread recipe calls for, and freeze them. Good to take out of the freezer and make the bread in the middle of winter. Hmmmm...smells so good when baking!

Heart - SO glad to hear your DH is home again w/you. AND he likes your smellies!

Ahhhhhhh..... all is well..... :?

Just put on CYS apple cider donuts - too soon to tell. Cold sniff is good enuf to eat, tho! [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Collectively, we have a lot of zucchini knowledge. [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Jason, I'm wondering the same thing about the YC scents.

Tonight I am trying Black Canyon from Candledippers.

Guest stardustgirl

I decided to keep the coffee theme going and put in a CBV Mocha melt.

I'm enjoying it while it lasts... tomorrow is a painting day. [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Guest Anonymous

Pomegranate Cider - YC

D'Lish - Candle Haven (last one) I have about 3 CH tarts left. I'm going to use them up quickly....It's kind of like ripping off a band-aid (you know, get the pain over quickly) [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

LLVV, Eggnog candle??? How do you know about this one if it's not out yet? Is it in their upcoming Christmas line? Do you know about any others? Inquiring minds NEED to know!

I actually know through 2 sources. The first souce is Yankee's fundraising catalog. If you go to the bottom of Yankee's homepage and click on the fundraising link and then look at their Fall Catalog, you'll see the scents. The second source is from that website on Ebay that is selling candles to raise money for her animal shelter. I don't know what the site is called but she has a gazillion old and new Yankee scents for sale on it. I don't order from her but it's fun to look at the old and new scents. She has a whole line of 2 wick jars in new world scents. I have no clue how she's getting a hold of so many Yankee candles and even ones that aren't out to the public yet and at such great prices. That just baffles me. Anyway, the Egg Nog is a sure thing according to these two sites.

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Pumpkins & Pralines. This is sooo good! I can't remember who is was, but I remember chatting with one of you a couple of weeks ago about sweet pumpkin scents. I remember you saying that you needed a sweet pumpkin because your son doesn't like spicy scents. This is the pumpkin for you!!! It smells like sweet pumpkin mixed with caramel. Delicious! My Chai Tea is still going downstairs too. It's starting to lose scent but I'm just letting the tea light go because the burner looks so pretty.

LLVV, thanks for the info! I will be looking out for Eggnog to come out so I can try it! Love when Yankee comes out with new scents!

Tonight I have on Country Bumpkin from Crosscreek in the BR. Vanilla Pumpkin from CFTKR is smelling delicious in the LR and YC Pumkin Pie is in the kitchen.

tonight is Autumn Woods and Crosscreek All Hallows Eve

AW is growing on me. All Hallows Eve smells like bubble gum and clove. not sure if it is for me.

Still can't smell the Purr-couli in the room. When I went outside, I could smell it on my shirt though. Stepped back inside, sniffed the air....nothing

I agree, littlegoblin, Autumn Woods grows on you. I like it more each time I melt it.

Tonight I have put on a late night melt-Fall Festival from Yankee. I haven't melted this in a long while and I'm now reminded why I love it! Maple, walnut, and fruits all coming through in this scent and it's great!