The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Sweet September Scents

My house smells so fresh today !

I have Dried Apple Slices in the kitchen and Pared Pears in the living room. Both melts are from Can-Do. The apple slices was a free sample from my last order in 2007. I don't think she ever added it to the scent list, but it is wonderful.

Melting Vanilla Caramel from YC. Has my bedroom smelling really good! I think it was you Trep talking about it being stronger now....I think so too.

Yes, it was me talking about it and I can't wait to get some more this weekend.

Had to dump the Harvest--last year I could take it but my nose is stopped up and my head is aching from it so it is permanently off my list. I seem to be more sensitive to spice scents this fall, so will have to make do with the fruits and vanilla cookie type scents. I switched to Crosscreek's Sugared Shortbread which is always a winner.

For the rest of the day it is a White Barn Heirloom Apple candle in the bath and a YC Candied Apple tart in the main area. Love apple scents, especially at this time of the year. I re did my fall decorations and incorporated more apple stuff into it. I like this a lot better than what I had up before. So, of course, I had to make the house smell like apples. :lol:

Later on I will light my new HL Fresh Apple candle upstairs.

Nancy, I crave apple scents at this time of year, too. I haven't been to the Yankee store in awhile, but intend to stock up on their Macintosh Apple soon. Do you recommend any other specific apple scents in tarts?

Had to dump the Harvest--last year I could take it but my nose is stopped up and my head is aching from it so it is permanently off my list. I seem to be more sensitive to spice scents this fall, so will have to make do with the fruits and vanilla cookie type scents. I switched to Crosscreek's Sugared Shortbread which is always a winner.

I go through this too. One year I love a scent, the next year it irritates me or just doesn't smell as good as it once did. I guess our tastes change over time. A couple of years ago, I didn't like Carol's Autumn Lodge and now I love it.

I forgot to mention what I'm burning...Carol's Glazed Cherry Danish and Baked Cake. I have them going in my new Yankee burners and they are so pretty. They will be perfect now that the days are getting shorter.

Today I made a chocolate pudding cake in my slow cooker. It made the house smell like I had 10 chocolate tarts going. Now, I'm eating it and I really must stop eating it because it tastes so good. Anything that tastes this good has way too many calories. I guess my light dinner or bean soup and cucumber salad will balance things out.

For the rest of the day it is a White Barn Heirloom Apple candle in the bath and a YC Candied Apple tart in the main area. Love apple scents, especially at this time of the year. I re did my fall decorations and incorporated more apple stuff into it. I like this a lot better than what I had up before. So, of course, I had to make the house smell like apples. :lol:

Later on I will light my new HL Fresh Apple candle upstairs.

Nancy, I crave apple scents at this time of year, too. I haven't been to the Yankee store in awhile, but intend to stock up on their Macintosh Apple soon. Do you recommend any other specific apple scents in tarts?

Yankee's new Candied Apple is really good--a lot like the Macintosh but with just the right amount of sweetness. Huckleberry Layne has a good apple also called Fresh Apple. Do you like the Apples and Oak scent that Village has or did have? If so Cobblestone's version is wonderful. I like it in the fall to go with my other apples I usually have going. If you like some spice with your apples Yankee's Cider Web that they have out for Halloween is pretty good as I remember . Since spices are bothering me this year I am skipping it but I used it last year and liked it.

LLVV--it is good to know I am not the only one. I have had the Harvest off for about an hour now and my nose has cleared and my headache is gone so that was definitely the cause of it. I had the same reaction about 3 weeks ago when I tried Autumn Leaves again. Anything with cloves or greenery is out for me at least for now. I can take cinnamon in moderation as I have been burning a HL Autumn Harvest this year and it has not bothered me at all. Oh well--it's a good thing there are lots of scents to choose from.

Crazy,rainy cold day here!

Have Rock Candy on again-my 4yo brought it to me this morning,so I guess she loves it.

Also put GF-Macintosh Apple on, Have MB-Sangria in the kitchen , and Paradise Island-Can Do.

Lovely fall preview here today.

Guest Anonymous

Heidi - hope Seth is feeling better today!

Melting CYS Marrakesh. Nice - not over the top spicey. :cry:

Tonight, it's crosscreek's raspberry smoothie. Yum!

Thanks for all the well wishes for Seth. He seems to be feeling better, and has been either watching tv or playing the xbox most of the day, since he can't really walk around. He'd better not get used to this. LOL! He's been a tad spoiled the past couple of days. :cry:

Have a great night, all!

So glad to hear your little boy is feeling better, Heidi. That MRSA sure sticks around for awhile, doesn't it?

Heart, I haven't been reading under this subject on a regular basis, so I just found out now about your husband's heart attack. I'm glad he was able to get help in time. Many prayers are being sent for a speedy recovery.

Good evening everyone! Tonight I have YC Berry Crumble melting and my Black Cherry housewarmer on.

Heidi, I'm happy to hear little Seth is starting to feel better! Have a great night everyone!

Sharon

Guest stardustgirl

I did not have to paint anything today (w00t!!) but it's still lingering. I'm hoping the CBV Frenchville Coffee will either mask it or just totally drown it out.

Gustav's leftovers arrived here today. We were glad to see him... we've been having a drought and the rain is much needed.

"Heidiliz" Tonight, it's crosscreek's raspberry smoothie. Yum!

Thanks for all the well wishes for Seth. He seems to be feeling better, and has been either watching tv or playing the xbox most of the day, since he can't really walk around. He'd better not get used to this. LOL! He's been a tad spoiled the past couple of days. [smilie=HBday]

Have a great night, all

What a rellief, to hear that Seth had a much better day today. You are a wonderful mother, Heidi.

Patsy

We had some rain here tonight too. It's a good thing since our grass is turning into straw!!

Anyhow, melting CH Haunted House tonight.....Love this scent...it is perfect for a rainy evening!

Crazy,rainy cold day here!

Have Rock Candy on again-my 4yo brought it to me this morning,so I guess she loves it.

Cat, your daughter sounds adorable; and so smart!

Patsy [smilie=HBday]

Thanks Patsy! She is a wonderful kid. We took her to the Tea Room for lunch today-so funny. She loves it in there and wanted a mini tea set from the store so she could have tea all the time. Too cute!

Heidi I am glad you made it through another round of this infection stuff! Much love to your family.

Tonight-it is so cold and dreary-I think I am going to put on some Haunted House as well.

Have a warm,cozy night all!