The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

August's Amazing Aromas

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Spiced Apple Pecan in my new YC fall mosaic tart burner. It's giving off a fast and very strong throw. So far, I'm impressed. The tart isn't hardening up either which was a concern of mine with the a/c blasting. I am doing the stacking trick, however. I have the tea light stacked on top of a very small and short butter ramekin.

LLVV, which tart burner did you get? I was in YC today and wanted a burner in the mosaic leaf pattern, but they only had votive holders and such. The line is fall colors with some leaves, all glass mosaic. I'm not sure if they even have a tart burner for that line, though. I looked on the website but didn't see that pattern at all. Did you happen to get it?

Sharon

Manuka Honey & Lavender from Soy Lovely in the MB. This is a nice scent. I can smell both the honey and the lavender, neither one over powering the other.

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Spiced Apple Pecan in my new YC fall mosaic tart burner. It's giving off a fast and very strong throw. So far, I'm impressed. The tart isn't hardening up either which was a concern of mine with the a/c blasting. I am doing the stacking trick, however. I have the tea light stacked on top of a very small and short butter ramekin.

LLVV, which tart burner did you get? I was in YC today and wanted a burner in the mosaic leaf pattern, but they only had votive holders and such. The line is fall colors with some leaves, all glass mosaic. I'm not sure if they even have a tart burner for that line, though. I looked on the website but didn't see that pattern at all. Did you happen to get it?

Sharon

I have the leaf mosiac burner, its gorgeous.

Floridamom, that's the exact one that I got. It's fall colors with mosaic glass and there are yellow leaves throughout. My YC had that one, a green bamboo one, 2 Halloween ones, and a clear fall leaves one (in their glass tart burner collection). It has dones a great job so far. I can't wait until it gets dark to see it glow.

For tonight I'm melting Coconut Curry Custard by Lessie in the kitchen. I only have 4 of these left! My very favorite scent of all time! Oh no....what am I going to do? [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Tonight I have YC Evening Air in the BR, YC Egyptian Cotton candle going in the computer room and Can-Do's Blue Sugar in the LR. Blue Sugar is supposed to be the masculine version of Pink Sugar, but as I've never tried Pink Sugar before, I can't give a comparison. I will say that this is a very unusual scent, but I like it!

Gardenia - Bloomwick. Nice floral, not too strong or perfumey.

Strawberry Chiffon Cake - Bella's. Not crazy about this one. It's the strawberry.

Fresh Linen - Buggytown. This is pretty strong and quite good.

Earlier I had Fresh Linen from Crazy for Candles. It was very, very strong - loved it!

kitchen and LR-Warm Apple Pie from Mainstays

powder room-Garden Rain also from Mainstays

daughter's room-Strawberry Kiwi also Mainstays

Can you tell I went to Wal-Mart today and found their .33 tarts? [smilie=th_1_bigone110] They weren't there the other day, but it looked liked they had gotten a bunch of new stuff in and re-did their whole candle aisle. In addition to the ones I listed above I also bought Gingerbread, Pumpkin Spice, Cranberry Mandarin and Fresh Cotton. The cold smell on all of them is really good. I really liked that they had the candles in all the same scents so I could cold sniff before buying. Can't wait to see how well they throw!

Good morning! My DD's fish died last night and I had to tell her this morning. The fish was only a couple of months old and I think the stress of a water change did it. I feel terrible because I was the one who changed the water. I didn't do anything different than the other 20-30 times that I changed the water. This is her first time dealing with death and so far she's taken it very well. I told her the fish died. When she asked why I told her it was the fish's time to go and that God took her in his arms and carried her to heaven to be with its mommy and daddy. That explanation pretty much made her ok with the death. She wants another one but I'll wait a couple of days. DH and I now have to find the fish's body (he went off into a hole in one of its playthings to die we suspect because we haven't seen it swimming for over 12 hours and it looked terrible before it hid). We'll do that while she's at preschool. We put an Ariel statue in the tank that I'll put into DD's room. I'm going to take her to the store later to get a toy that she's been asking for to help put her at east although she's perfectly fine and playing right now. We knealed down on the stairs looking up at the skylight window and said goodbye to her fish. That was hard....really hard for me to deal with. I'm so proud of DD for taking this so well. She loved that fish.

This morning I'm melting Carol's Spiced Apple Berry.

I had two of those bug-eyed black goldfish. I had them for years. One day I changed the water....don't know what I did wrong, but they died. I still hate it...looks like you handled it well.

Morning melt is YC maple gingerbread!

Good Morning. So far it's a dreary morning. I just started with Tuscaderos Indian harvest in my living room, Tuscaderos Iced Cherry Chip in Dining room and in Kitchen I have from Crosscreek Gourmet Pink Cookies. I hope they all mix well.

Kathy

Good morning! LLVV, I'm sorry about your daughter's fish!

This morning I am still melting Carol's Apple Orchard tart. I have Country Clothesline in the bath from another ebay vendor. That's all for now, I'll get the others going soon. It's another rainy day here! I plan on getting that YC fall mosaic warmer today, hopefully I'll have better luck than yesterday!

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon

LLVV - I'm sorry about DD's fish. You handled it well with her. It's never easy.

Candlefaninoc - Blue Sugar is my new favorite! It took a few melts, but now I can't get enough of it.

Today I'm melting Pure Integrity Orange Vanilla in two melters and Circle E candle in Orange Patchouli.

Good Morning... melting Melissa's Almond Cheesecake Tart (this is so good) and Creme Brulee (this just started, too early to tell)... have a great day everyone...

LLVV, sorry to hear about the fish... hugs to you and your daughter [smilie=th_confused3]

Update... I had to dump the Creme Brulee, not that it was a bad tart, but the melter was smelling bad... it was the first time I used this melter... electric, bought off of eBay months ago... I finally got it out of the box... the brand name is Carson... pretty two piece melter, cream colored with embossed flowers on the side... When it heated up, it smell like plastic burning! (or something chemical like).... I tried to pick up the top bowl and it was slightly sticking to the warming plate (there are little marks on the warming plate now)... the plate is black metal (maybe it is painted metal, idk)... wow, glad I was watching, it really smelled bad (and of course I had to stick my nose close to determine if it was the tart or the warmer, got quite a sniff!)... it has been so long since I bought it, so nothing can be done... so I will just throw it away and remember to try melters out when I first get them home! Who knows, maybe that smell would burn off, but it was sticking a little to the plate and it smelled foul... yuk!

LLVV....sorry about you daughter's little fish...sounds like you told her the perfect story to make her feel better. This morning I have country berry hotcakes from Melissa in the kitchen. Smells good.