The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

August's Astounding Aromas

Good morning ladies,

I hope everyone is well. It seems to be steaming up again. It is still August, after all!

Getting ready for a road trip for work this week, leaving tomorrow and home by Thursday night. I have the all-important traveling wax already picked out. This time it's scent cups. They should travel better and not cause smearing - I am always sad beautiful waxies look messy inside their bags.

Susan, that sounds like a great evening and I'm glad your and your BF had fun at the football game.

Mpfand, welcome home from OR!

Debra and Michele - I agree, I always look at samplers and love to buy them! - but then they sit there and stare at me and make me anxious. Still they are beautiful and always call my name.

Well this morning it seems like we all got hit by the same CFOW desire!

It's CFOW Pinata - a big favorite - Marshmallow, Vanilla, Cotton Candy - just as sweet as can be.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone.

Hello girls!

I started typing a post twice over the past week and then got sidetracked. It’s been a hectic week.

DH FINALLY got back to his old self late Thursday. He was cognitively affected more than anything else. So grateful he’s back to normal! ????

Pure Integrity does have THE most amazing pumpkin pie candle, but I’m not as impressed with their melts.

I had to laugh when I read you all oohing and aahhing over my five drawers of homemade tarts. They weren’t forgotten or lost at all. LOL I always knew they were there. And they weren’t huge drawers, just those plastic Sterilite ones. ????

Michele ~ Have a great time at the beach! And you’re not alone, I have tons of samplers I haven’t even touched. Haha

Debra ~ We got some heavy rain a couple of nights ago. Last night it just blew. I’ll be glad when monsoon season moves on. I’m tired of all the sand out there!

Amy ~ Safe travels! ????

VCS Blueberry Backwoods Barbie ~ a gift from a CF sweetheart ????

Homemade Coffee & Cake, Blueberry Waffle Cone, and Granma’s Key Lime Zucchini Bread

Scentsy Dark Harbor ~ This is nice in DH’s little pocket office.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. ????

Hi All!

Honeybear-I’m glad I am not alone. Somehow I figured you might have untouched Samplers lol. That’s what happens when you have too much wax. Glad your DH is back to normal.

Just changed out my scent to SGA Blueberry Lemon Cream Dough Boy Bakery.

I got my second order from VCS today. The third is coming Monday. My DH found it on the porch and just gave it to me and didn’t comment. I guess he’s used to it. I told him he would be happy I wasn’t ordering wax for awhile. He just said you can’t ever melt what you have in this lifetime. He knows me well.

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

Honeybear...so glad your DH is back to normal. I'm sure that was pretty scary. Monsoons sound pretty frightful....never experienced one. [smilie=help]

Michele..my DH doesn't say anything anymore either. I think it's because I'm only getting a package once in a blue moon now as opposed to 5 boxes a week and sometimes 3 boxes in one day. :upssmiley1:

Susan...sounds like a fun time at the games even if your BF nephews team lost...I love going to football games even when it's cold!! :sHa_woot:

Mpfand... [smilie=th_Welcome1-1] Home!! Hope you enjoyed your visit!

Debra...Lololol....yup....my giant stash doesn't keep me from lookin' either!! :ph34r:

Amy...no worries about the sampler! I really have no anxiety about my loot as long as I can fit it all in my wax cabinet...although my Fall/winter scents will never fit...but I'll worry about that another time. Right now I'm trying to enjoy it and really enjoy the scents...I just know I can't add to it. That's the plan anyway. ;)

I left my wax going when I left all day and night and came home to no scent. While changing it I see the red stained the bowls so I had to Brillo them. :huh: I wonder why some dyes are so strong?

Now it's a giftie from a pal...CFOW Raspberry Macaroon...thanks!

And a sample from Woofwicks Candied Cherrries Ice Cream Scoop Bread Pie Crust...probably need curing time.

Maggie, I have a couple of pink-bottomed bowls, I could not get the dye out at all!

Wondering...I know we all "collect" wax - any other collections? Mine is cookbooks. I have a bazillion of those, too! [smilie=th_thsignA]

Mpfand - looks like you got home before they gray skies hit in OR. Good timing! It is 70 degrees and after our 90 degrees days I am freezing! :wacko:

Honeybear, it was a long time for DH to feel out of sorts. Glad things are better.

Susan - high school games are so much fun! I love the school spirit. :sHa_woot:

AmyJo - that is a long work trip! Have a safe trip!

Today has been Flower Finery - Toucan Sam (berries and cereal)

Thanks, ladies. :) So good to be home. Debra, glad we missed the gray skies; the smoky skies through CA were bad enough. :(

Honeybear, glad your DH is feeling better!

AmyJo, hoping for safe travels for you and a good work week!

I'm bored with my summer scents, but not quite ready to move onto fall. [smilie=th_fear8] Tonight is Island Melon Coconut from ScentSationals.

Happy Sunday!

Debra...yes...I collect dragonflies! Love them in any form. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Found an in between scent for this morning...

Southbound's Pure Bliss...sunripened figs, green apples and light woods. Really beautiful. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Have a nice day. :)

Good morning all,

It's good to "see" everybody and I hope all of you are enjoying your weekends.

Getting ready to head to the airport after lunch and in my usual pre-trip mixture of sadness and anticipation. Thanks everybody for the safe travel wishes!

Honeybear, I'm so glad your DH is back to good health. That sounded a bit scary.

Maggie, that Southbound Pure Bliss is one of my faves and now that you mention it, I may have to take a cube of that along on the trip. That's a gorgeous, strong scent and it may be too much for a hotel room. Maybe I will have an openable window. Also, I nearly ordered that WoofWicks Candied Cherry scent, and I hope that curing will perk it up for you -- that description is amazing.

Debra, isn't it funny how temperatures are all about our reference point - I can imagine that yes, you are freezing at 70 after weeks of the 90s. At 70, I'm starting to complain about how hot it is. [smilie=th_laughing]

Also Debra, thankfully I have no other collections. One (large) rabbit hole is enough. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon Over the years, there have been others...Beanie Babies...chickens, when we had a farm...motorcycles...

Mpfand, I agree, a little bit tired of the summer scents and trying to remember that I love them!

Michele...I hope all of your VCS orders are glorious...I remember back in March when I had three Zeep orders all coming within days of one another...and now I have numerous Bathing Garden orders stacked up. I keep reminding myself, as addictions go, we have chosen one that creates beauty and really doesn't hurt anybody.

Also, Michele - this morning I tried again with the VCS Root Beer Float, that we both had trouble with - and it has come to life! It still won't knock anybody down -- I used an entire Blossom Bar over three melters - but it smells beautiful and has filled the house. Finally! I guess it's about 3 months from pour date and for VCS, VRC and Zeep, that seems to be a magic number. I hope yours will finally give you some throw!

Well it's a giftie morning from sweet CF pals - thank you!!:

CFTKR Birthday Cake Zucchini - ohhhhh are there enough good words to praise Carol's wax?? This was a small adorable cupcake - I put it in the bedroom - and I can smell it through the rest of the house. Gorgeous.

Homemade Blackberry Sage - this is so beautiful! Perfect blending! Sometimes the vendors overdo the sage (which I love the scent but it can wipe out the blackberry) and this is divine!

CFTKR Graham Crackers - on the enclosed porch - sooooo comforting.

Thanks friends!

Have a fine Sunday all.

Yay!! I found the emoticons again! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Susan ~ I forgot to ask If you had a yummy hotdog at the football game the other night. [smilie=th_laughing] The only reason I ever really went to games was for the food. [smilie=th_pardon]

Mpfand ~ Welcome home! [smilie=yes]

Debra ~ My other love is angels. :smileysnowangel: :skywriter:

LSC Snow Globe

Homemade Peach Zucchini Bread

Wishing today was the Sunday DD#1 was coming home. Guess I have one more week, [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Hi Everyone!

It’s been a busy weekend. Now all is quiet. Everyone will be down again at the end of the week.

Debra-I also have alot of books and BBW.

AmyJo-Hope all goes well with your work trip. Seems like you are traveling further this time because you are flying there instead of driving. Have a great week! I will try the Root Beer Float again this week. Maybe I will have better luck this time as well.

Honeybear-Hopefully the week will fly by and it will be time for DD’s visit.

Melting VCS Cookie Monster tonight and SGA Sisters in Pink.

Good night all!

Well, back to work tomorrow, [smilie=th_sad2hz1] I have been sorting through clothes and trying to get things in the donation pile - doing really good - but now I need to stop an get ready for Monday. Darn, I was on a roll!

Michele - B&BW was another thing I had to put myself on a ban about. I love foamy soaps! Too much. :blush:

Maggie - dragonflies would be fun to collect - they are on so many things! And your angels Honeybear - very giftable! I bet your friends and family add to your collection! Years ago a friend decided that I needed to collect flamingos. It is amazing how many things are decorated with those pretty pink fellas!

Flower Finery tarts again today - another vendor that puts a lot of effort into presentation! :wub: Today it is Garden Gnome.

Good morning ladies, a quick note from work on the road. All is well and I brought a lot of waxies with me.

Last night:

VRC Fruity Loops

VRC Peach Bellini

Southbound Pure Bliss (green apple, figs, light woods)

All divine!

Have a great day!

Good Monday Morning! [smilie=th_wave]

Amy...glad you made it safely and you're melting some nice scents. I really love this Pure Bliss...amazing what 1 cube can do!!

Debra...yes, I'm astounded by all the dragonfly things around these days! When I decided they made me happy, it was difficult to find anything dragonfly! Do you have a lot of flamingos? And with all your cookbooks, you must be an amazing cook! [smilie=th_aa17]

Honeybear...Sunday will be here before you know it!! I love angels too! My DDs made me some angel sculptures in school and I adore them.❤️

Susan...Johnny Appleseed is a cute name for an apple scent. Is it a straight up apple?

Michele...it's gonna be a hot week...thinking of heading to the beach if I get a chance. Hoping the weather cooperates this weekend!

Starting my morning with...

OPT Picnic in the Park upstairs

And downstairs it's Semo's Sugar Spun Pear

Have a good one. :)

Good morn ladies. Melting today: Yellow submarine by VCS: pineapple and cake.

Hoenybear, no we ate a subs before we went to the game.

Maggie, the Johnnyappleseed is mcintosh apple and crisp pear, really enjoyed it.

Have a great monday.

Hi All!

AmyJo-glad you made it there safely. Enjoy your week.

Maggie-Looks like some thunderstorms ahead.

Right now I’m giving the VCS 7th Inning Stretch another go. I’m getting some scent but just put it on.

Have a good day!

[smilie=th_hello]

Michele ~ Looks like you’ve got exciting weekend plans as well! [smilie=yes]

Debra ~ I had to chuckle a little bit when you said a friend decided you needed to start collecting flamingos. They are pretty, but I’m not sure I would want a bunch of them unless I lived in Florida. Glad you made some headway in your decluttering this weekend!

Susan ~ Sub sandwiches are always good. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] And that reminds me, a little birdie told me that Jersey Mike’s have good sub sandwiches and I’ve been meaning to try them. One of these days ...

Maggie ~ The girls have given me angels over the years too, and DD#2 painted a ceramic one for me that I love.

AmyJo ~ Don’t know about you, but it always takes me a long time to figure out which scents I’m going to take if I go on the road. [smilie=th_cha66]

ST Linda ~ the last bit of that giant cookie with Pink Sugar, cornbread, and cream soda ~ [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Homemade Genuine Leather going in the den, and I just realized I may need to turn it off and cut in half or something because I can smell it all the way from the other side of the house. LOL

Burning GC Pomegranate and Yankee Color Me Happy.

Have a good day, all!

Hi All!

Honeybear-iI like Jersey Mike’s. I get tithe turkey cheese sandwich in a lettuce wrap. So good!

Tonight’s melt is BL Bakery Babe; a gift from a lovely CF friend. This one smells really nice !

Good evening, ladies [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Debra, I missed your post the other day about what other things we collect... [smilie=th_scratch] I currently collect Rae Dunn coffee mugs and wine corks. Past collections have included Boyd's Bears and pins from Disneyland. I also love to get a Christmas ornament from different places we've been.

Honeybear, I hope the week goes quickly for you! [smilie=yes]

I had to take a break from summner scents. Tonight it's Carmel Vanilla Delight from Scentsy. [smilie=th_00000020]

Mpfand, I also used to collect ornaments from vacations when the kids were young!

Hope work is going well, AmyJo!

Two and a half weeks with no waxie purchases! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04 Lots of "window shopping" however!

Tonight it is CBV - Lavender.

Hi friends!

Can't remember the last time I posted but I'm sure it was awhile ago!

We made the trip to Marquette (7-8 hour car ride) to drop DS#1 off at NMU. Bittersweet for sure!!!! [smilie=th_dancing_smile] [smilie=th_cry2yw3] I am so proud and excited for him to be starting this new stage of his life, especially after the whole disappointment of not being able to go into the Navy after his diabetes diagnosis. It's so wonderful to see him excited about his future again! [smilie=th_th3de3a8c4]

One funny thing that happened was that DH was so proud he managed to fit all of DS's belongings in our vehicle. Believe me, it was stuffed! However, upon arrival at the dorms and unpacking the car, we discovered that DH had forgotten to pack the front tire of DS's bike!!!!! [smilie=th_smielyfight] So after many jokes and searching for a box (had to go to a bike shop), the poor forgotten tire is now headed to DS. Believe me, DH will not do that again!!! [smilie=th_slider_brent]

We spent a few days up there... So gorgeous! Went on a glass bottom boat tour of shipwrecks and another sunset boat tour of the Pictures Rocks National Lake shore. Beautiful!!!! Also did some hiking and saw a few waterfalls.

DS#2 started his sophomore year in hs yesterday! Yikes!

Picked up my beloved Ozzy from the kennel yesterday morning and he was so excited to see me I thought he was going to have a stroke!

Today I am melting Mom's Kitchen from 1803. Holy moly is this strong! May have to shut the melter off!

Hugs to everyone! Hope I can post a little more often now!

Edited to add that I recently placed pre-orders for fall scents at both Rockets Candle Co and Rosegirls! Trying to be good and not over order but fall scents are by far my favorite! Angie at Front Porch tempts me daily with her emails of what she has added to the website!!!

Good Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Awww Aria....I know it's hard when they go off to school! I'm glad he's excited and ready...and that he's getting his tire soon! Lol Good luck to him! Sounds like you did lots of fun things! I'm sure Ozzy was VERY happy to see you! [smilie=th_huganimal]

Susan...thanks for that discription...I love apple and pear together. [smilie=yes]

Debra...Good job! [smilie=th_clap1]

Michele...thunderstorms? [smilie=th_cha66] Yikes....I hope they float far, far away on Sunday!

It's VCS Blueberry Backwoods Barbie last night and today.

Have a good day! :)

Hi All!

Maggie-I hope the storms go away too. We are expecting company.

Aria-it’s very hard when they go off to college. I cried every time.

The BL melt from a CF friend did very well. I still got a lot of scent from it this morning. Just changed it out to SGA Patty Cakes. I love this scent. The HM melt from my sweet CF friend I had in my bedroom overnight is still going strong. Lovely scent but the label fell off. Our talented friend would have done very well selling her melts. Excellent!

We are going to see Crazy Rich Asians tonight. Looking forward to it.

Hello dear everybody!

I hope everyone is well and Happy Tuesday to you. I am beyond tired but it has been a good work week so far. Planes and automobiles, no trains this time. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Maggie, I love dragonflies too, although I don't collect them. They can be friendly little fellows. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Honeybear, I had to laugh along with Debra when you said that someone else decided you should collect flamingoes. [smilie=th_laughing] And you're right - I always feel bad choosing which scents will come with me on a trip, like I'm hurting the other ones' feelings. [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

Debra, well done on your ban!! I salute you!

Aria! Good to see you. Yes...when the kids go off to school...this is tough but hopefully he will love this experience. I'm sending you a hug. And how exciting for Ozzy to come home again!!

Michele, I hope you enjoyed the movie! Sounds like you've had some beautiful scents going.

Mpfand, I'm right there with you - I want to melt those fall scents!!!

Susan and Maggie, apple and pear together are way up on my list, too.

Well of course I left the new tea light melter at home - although I brought the tea lights and matches! - so tonight I stopped at Walmart and bought a replacement. I have three melters going, two in the hotel bedroom and one in the bath. This is too much - my eyes are watering so I have to turn them off. However, they smell incredible:

Scented Squirrel Lovespell and Lemon - lemon, citrus zest, clementine, and Lovespell. Ohhhhhh lovely.

Scented Squirrel Lovespell and Tropical Something (I'm sorry but that one is in the bath and I'm too tired to get up) - also divine.

Sleep well everybody!