The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

August's Astounding Aromas

Hi!

Mpfand-Enjoy Oregon!

I had a very busy day and am just now melting VCS Priscilla’s Wedding. This is absolutely beautiful. I’m obsessed with this vendor and all her different shapes. This is such beautiful wax.

Cat-I’m glad you found some new vendors already.

I went to see Pretty Woman last night. This was fantastic! I really enjoyed it and want to buy the soundtrack. I loved everything about it. Great show!

Good Night All!

LATE BREAKING NEWS from the Enabling Department: [smilie=th_blij40]

Closet Full of Wax is having an inventory clearance of 40% off all RTS, so that means all chunk bags (even in her newest scents), all Moon Cakes, and all blender Swizzle Sticks. Code is FUNFRIDAY.

[smilie=th_cc24]

LATE BREAKING NEWS from the Enabling Department: [smilie=th_blij40]

Closet Full of Wax is having an inventory clearance of 40% off all RTS, so that means all chunk bags (even in her newest scents), all Moon Cakes, and all blender Swizzle Sticks. Code is FUNFRIDAY.

[smilie=th_cc24]

[smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon What? I can't hear you Amy.... [smilie=th_LaLaLa]

Good Morning All!

Michele...happy you had a nice time. Glad you had good weather and no rain! [smilie=th_clap1]

Debra...that's a great vendor that doesn't get much discussion. I love her stuff and still have some that throws great after a few years. How about you? Good luck with Lilac Scentsations?

It's all VCS today..

Hopelessly Devoted to You which I can hardly smell cold...here's hoping it gains strength warmed

Life Is a Cabaret in the Workshop

Have a good one. ;)

Off to browse around sale sites.... [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_fluc

Popping in to say hello. Hope you all are doing well.

Biolaeagles ~ So Glad DS came through that okay. Scary!

Debra ~ Wish to hear kitty cat is eating normally again.

Michele ~ Glad you enjoyed the show!

Mpfand ~ Have a safe trip and a wonderful time.

Cat ~ Nice to see you, and yes, this place is dangerous. LOL

AmyJo ~ There really is no place like home, is there? ❤️

Susan ~ I love lemon curd scents. Think I’ll go see if I can find one! ????

Maggie ~ I have a couple of Scentsy warmers with timers, but I don’t use the timers. Haha

It’s been a busy week. Today I’m nursing my DH after getting his wisdom teeth out this morning. I still can’t believe he was in there only a half hour! My poor honeybear. ????

LSC Screaming Apparitions ~ pumpkins and marshmallow

SB Pink Bedtime Blend ~ Thanks to a sweet CF friend ????

I can’t buy any more tarts. I refuse to open up a new cabinet for storing them. Instead, I’m in the market for some Partylite stuff...decorations, votives and tealights. LOL

Their new line was recently released and I see a few things I want. So, had to sign up for the kit since it was only $45 this month. That’s the best way to not have to pay full price. LOL Plus, maybe I’ll do a party or two. I need a distraction from missing my girls. If any of you are interested in getting some free stuff, online parties are always a good option and they have a great hostess program. No pressure though! Just thought I’d mention it. ????

Good evening ladies!

Happy Friday to everyone, so glad it's the weekend!

Maggie! [smilie=th_thlaughter] I'm sorry, is something bothering your ears? [smilie=th_jaja]

Susan - I love OPT scents and am glad she will continue to make some limited amount of shapes. That lemon curd sounds [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Michele - I'm so glad you enjoyed Pretty Woman! I'd love to see the play.

Debra - how is Miss Kit doing? I think about you both every day. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Cat, we haven't met, but [smilie=th_Hello_]

Honeybear, I hope your DH is recovering nicely from his tooth ordeal!

Well tonight is a Zeep night and I can say this is by far the STRONGEST Zeep melt I have ever had:

Zeep Mango Berry Go Go - mango, peach, blackberry, pie crust - and wow, honestly my eyes are watering. I distributed a 3-oz bundt between all of the warmers and it started throwing instantly. Beautiful scent and [smilie=th_1_bigone110] !!

Have a great night everybody!

Finally changing the upstairs melter...that Semo tart did great! Now it's SGA Cashmere & Pear.

Amy...yes, indeed...my ears are unable to hear your words! They can't hear the words "CFOW" or "clearance" and definitely not "40% off". It may cause my wallet to explode my credit card numbers all over an invoice. [smilie=th_ee29]

Honeybear...get well wishes to your DH! [smilie=th_326db8b3] I hope he heals up quickly.

Need to change up the downstairs warmers...the VCS did nothing...I'm so disappointed since they were the large Blossom squares and they were my newest purchases from March. Most of my other stuff is much older. I've always had good luck with her fall scents so idk. :(

Hi All!

That CFOW sale is crazy! Unfortunately I have to pass. Really don’t even know where I’m putting all the wax I have here at the beach. All my boxes have been delivered here this summer. This is going to be a big problem. I did place my last planned order yesterday and again today from the VCS restock. Maggie - Most are Fall scents. I sure hope I have good luck with them.

Honeybear-Hope your DH recovers quickly.

AmyJo-How long did your Zeep melt cure?

Melting tonight CFOW Beauty and the Beast. This is a combination of Strawberry Jam, Iced Lemon Cookies, and Cupcakes at Tiffany’s.

Have a good night everyone!

Michele...I hope you do too! I absolutely love VCS blends..,especially her pumpkin ones! Maybe it was just the batch or the particular scent. I hope you can find room for your tarts. Did you ever consider a large decorative cabinet rather than storing them away? That's my thing...show it off rather than hide it...lol. [smilie=th_giggle]

So I decide on L3 Butt Naked Blueberry Cobbler...yummy!

Goodnight all. [smilie=th_wave]

Good morning everybody! It's nice and cool here and lots of interesting clouds and actually BLUE SKY peeking through. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Ladies, I borrowed from all of your strength last night [smilie=group_hug] and avoided going over to CFOW or VCS. Between the discounts, the fall scents, and the beautiful shapes, I was sorely tempted. But so far the ban is intact. I did put more money in my PayPal toward my two big "allowed" events over the next few months, so I'll be ready.

I did buy a new melter (kind of like you, Honeybear - if no wax is allowed, at least we can hit the accessories) - the long-admired one that looks like a giant pineapple, from Wally World. It is actually very beautiful in the little office so I am tickled.

Michele, that Zeep giant bundt that was so strong had arrived on June 22, so nearly two months of cure - but I'm thinking that it may have been poured well before that. Ashley was building up her summer stuff at the time in anticipation of a restock so maybe it's closer to 3 months old. It didn't smell strong upon arrival and I set it up to cure. But it really took my breath away last night! It was strong for several hours and then faded - compared to some Zeep melts, which are moderate strength but last for 12 hours or more. I guess there are many variables at work [smilie=th_pardon] but in any case that one smelled beautiful and really spoke up. It was pretty, too - Ashley always uses such bright, beautiful colors.

Maggie, I also had trouble with one of the VCS Blossom Bars - the Root Beer, just nothing, [smilie=th_smiley-crying] and I had such high hopes for it! - but then the Royal Wedding Blossom Bars have been glorious, also Grandma's Pearls, beautiful. I guess there were a few weak batches.

And I have to wonder, between the air currents in the house and the high humidity here in Ohio this summer, how much that affects throw. But just when I've decided it's environmental conditions and not the wax, I get a huge thrower that knocks that theory down. [smilie=th_idontknow]

I'm going to a baby shower tomorrow for a family friend and I guess it's been awhile since I've shopped for an occasion like a wedding or a shower where they're registered. It was all online and the whole thing was actually pretty easy to negotiate. Happily I found a gift I really like, can go pick it up at Target, and I seem to have followed the rules. The whole thing was stressing me a bit and now I really want to go and be happy for her.

So this morning I stuck with Zeep and it's from the delicious Coffee Sampler. I am absolutely thrilled with both the Coffee Sampler and the Cupcake Sampler - gorgeous wax, strongly scented, and lots of variety. :toppoints: It seems like I bought these things so long ago and was waiting for them to cure - it was worth the wait.

Zeep Coffee & Coffee Cake - lovely combination of the coffee and bakery scents - scrumptious. [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

I hope everyone enjoys their Saturday!

Amy

Melting SGA Southern Bells from my Sampler today.

AmyJo-I have that Zeep Cupcake Sampler. I’m going to give some a try this week. I had trouble with the VCS Root Beer. I’m going to give it another go. .Enjoy your baby shower!

Susan-I usd to order from SH all the time. I might have a few of their melts around somewhere.

Maggie- I had bought a beautiful decorative chest of drawers for my kitchen for that purpose. Except it’s filled with mostly candles now and other things. I think it’s time to rearrange everything. I have the perfect set up here with drawer space. I think I can probably do the same thing in NY. It makes it so much easier to access everything. I might have to put some things downstairs and just concentrate on one batch at a time. That’s the plan.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Hello! ????

Thanks for the good wishes for DH. I think he’s doing pretty well considering.

AmyJo ~ Have fun at the shower!

Michele ~ it sounds like a good idea to recorganize that cabinet. I’m going to do the same and put all of the jar candles in my Zen Room closet. I already have one smaller cabinet in there filled with jars of all sizes, but I’ve been putting the GC ones in the kitchen these past few months and they take up too much space.

LSC Vanilla Ice Cream Cone ???? ~ This is yummy!

Dessa’s Dreamland

Burning PL Honeydew and Yankee Color Me Happy

Have a nice day ????

Hello All!

Honeybear...glad to hear hubby is doing ok! Good luck with that rearranging!

Maggie,

And I have to wonder, between the air currents in the house and the high humidity here in Ohio this summer, how much that affects throw. But just when I've decided it's environmental conditions and not the wax, I get a huge thrower that knocks that theory down. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Exactly Amy!! That's exactly what I've been finding so idk either! [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Enjoy that shower tomorrow! I always enjoy them although many folks find them boring these days. [smilie=th_pardon]

Michele...oh that's great! Maybe rearranging will be the trick! I find it so much easier to change out my scents with everything easily accessible. ????

Susan...Spotted Hog is my all time favorite place for Autumn scents! I have 6 or 7 scents that I can't be without! [smilie=cloud_9]

Tonight it's Grass Stains by GWW in my workshop

And still enjoying the L3 all over for now... [smilie=th_LOVE]

I can't remember what I put upstairs...hmmmm. Now where's that cello bag?

Hi candlebuddies! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

I am out of town at a reunion and there have been so many activities I have not been near a computer. I did, however, bring a wall plug in and some SGA Pink Serene Waters!

Honeybear, glad to hear DH is healing nicely!

Miss Kit finally started eating somewhat normally the day before I left. Good news as I was pretty sure the pet sitter was not going to hunt her down and hand feed her kitty treats so she had something in her tummy! [smilie=th_catkiss]

Maggie - my Lilac Scentsations have been mixed. They are getting elderly and I find if I use a tealight the are fine. The plate melter has not had as good of results.

Have a fun time at the shower, AmyJo. I don't seem to go to as many of those as I used to. I must be in an in-between age - everyone is married and has kids!

Off to the dinner! We went to an antique fair this afternoon and while everyone was looking at the wonderful chests, I was thinking about them as wax storage! :sCo_hmmthink:

Good morning ladies,

Happy Sunday to everyone!

Debra - thanks for the update on Miss Kit, that's good news! Let's hope she continues to gain her normal appetite. [smilie=th_catkiss] I'm glad you're enjoying your reunion, so good to be with friends.

All this talk of beautiful chests of drawers for wax storage has me thinking. That does sound like a lovely, easy way to store and access the waxies. Plus, it gives me another opportunity to play with and rearrange everything, which I dearly love to do. For the moment, though, the Sterilite boxes fit perfectly on the back bedroom shelf and they are all labeled and easy to reach, so I will stick with that until I get the total reduced during this wax ban. Then we will revisit this topic. There is a mid-century chest of drawers in the garage which I could refinish...hmmmmm. [smilie=th_aa17]

Michele, I hope you will enjoy the Zeep Cupcake Sampler. I've melted about three of the halves and they have all been luscious. DH says they are making him hungry for cake. :tongue: Good luck with rearranging your wax and I think your beautiful cabinet sounds like just the ticket.

Maggie, when you say that there are several Spotted Hog scents that you can't live without - which ones are those? Not that I can order anything right now, mind you...just filing this information away for future reference! :flirtysmile4:

Susan, it sounds as though you like Spotted Hog as well. Which are your favorite scents?

When I get home from the baby shower today, I really need to give both beagles a bath. [smilie=th_sign0135] There is a small dog-wash up in town, pretty revolutionary for our little rural area, and I've used that before. It's basically a tub with a car-wash coin operated thing where you can choose soap, rinse, etc. It makes the whole thing pretty easy. *not my favorite job but they need it*

So last night and today it's been L3, and may I say that this is another vendor I would follow anywhere. Such interesting blends, and great throw. When I toddled into their last restock, things were pretty picked over, so I just grabbed some odds and ends - and they are gorgeous!

Last night it was:

L3 Spearmint, Sugar Cookie, and Vanilla Buttercream - Oh! This is something else! I love spearmint but had no clue how it would do with the cookies - and it's just delicious.

Today we started out with:

L3 Grapefruit, Vanilla Lace, and Coral - this is one of those "I'm not leaving the room until this is done" scents. So exotic, even sexy - a whole new take on grapefruit! Who would have thought to blend it that way?? :toppoints:

There is a restock today which I will have to force myself away from, but more about that in a moment.

Have a fine Sunday, everyone.

Suspicious News from the Enabling Department: [smilie=th_butbutbut]

Southbound Restock - something going on at 4 PM CT - maybe those of you on FB know more, because on Instagram it doesn't use the word "restock" - but she does show a picture of a beautiful loaf to be "available at 4 pm CT today" and on the website, lots of lovely Fall scents and loaves say "Coming Soon." [smilie=th_thsecret]

[smilie=th_cc24]

Morn everyone. Candle for today: Raspberry Citrus Swirl by BBW

Amyjo I had ordered there spring/ summer sampler and a few other things. I have enjoyed all of them except one so far that lickey lime goodness, didn't care for this one. I will order from her at some point, maybe next year. I have too much wax at this point. lol

Oh no....just lost my post... [smilie=th_200912104356]

Well...Good Morning All. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Amy...yup...it looks like she's having a restock today...I think...lol! I don't know why vendors don't post something...anything...on their public Facebook page!! Ugh. That doggie wash sounds hysterical but very cool! Daisy would need grooming so I didn't have to worry about that but growing up we had a "regular" pup and washing her in the tub was CRAZY! That's a pretty [smilie=th_cc8] idea!

My favs from SH...Perfect Pumpkin Pie, Spider Cider & Deadly Donuts, Fried Cinnamon Dumplings, Goblin Sin-o-min Sugar Cake and Pumpkin Donuts. There are more but those I've been ordering every year (if I'm out of them) forever!

Debra..I'm glad to hear Miss Kit was feeling better before you left! What kind of reunion is it? Family or school? Sounds fun! Thanks for your feedback regarding LS...I'm gonna try to find an oldie and see how it does...I think most of mine are fall scents though.

It's coffee scents this morning...forgot how much I love smelling this in the morning...

Spotted Hog's Coffee & Cake

Front Porch's Coffee Spice

SGA's Lava Java

All from sweet pals... :flirtysmile4: Thanks!

Have a great one! :)

Hi everyone! [smilie=th_wave]

No melting for me [smilie=th_cry2yw3] but I've definitely enjoyed reading about all of your wonderful scents. [smilie=yes]

Debra, glad kitty has started eating! Enjoy your reunion. :)

Honeybear, glad your DH is recovering well. When I had my wisdom teeth out I developed two dry sockets. Ouch!

Maggie, I agree; those fall scents from SH are must haves! :sHa_thumbgoodjob:

The weather here in OR has been beautiful; sunny and in the 60's. We're here helping his parents who are 82 and 85. DH is doing projects around the house and I've been cooking and cleaning. We did go blueberry picking yesterday and I made a blueberry pie. This morning we picked wild blackberries. Hopefully we'll get to the beach before we head home.

Hi All!

There are such great restocks going on but I will pass. I had wanted to post a picture of my cabinet but I could not figure out how to do it. I am computer illiterate according to my children.

Melted last night VCS Cream Cheese Wildberry Cookie Monster and today it is Homemade Cucumber Melon from a lovely CF friend. Strong and wonderful. Thank you.

Home again! What fun it was, so nice to see people that I have not seen for years and years! It was a class reunion - unofficial, but some people were coming to town from far away so we rallied the troops!

I went to my elementary school best friend's house - and she had Scentsy melting. So, you know what is next, dontcha? [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04 I was lucky to have a couple extra FP tarts in my overnight bag that I gave up for the cause! I will be sending her a goody box soon. That is a good way to reduce stock! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Tonight I am trying another YC - Black Sand Beach. It is a nice scent and fairly strong!

Greetings ladies and Happy Monday!

Beautiful sunrise this morning. Perhaps we will have a few dry days. Everything is very lush from all of the recent rain. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Maggie, thank you for all of the SH autumn scents! I do love all of the Fall choices. And your coffee scents all sound tempting - I loooooooove coffee scents so much.

Susan, also thank you for the SH info and I will be sure to avoid the lickey lime one.

Debra, I'm glad you had such a great time at the reunion - AND found a new wax buddy!

Mpfand - your homemade blueberry pie has me [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] !!

The baby shower yesterday was beautiful. It was for a family friend, probably the most beautiful young lady I've ever known, both in appearance and in her gentle, sweet spirit. Everyone who attended received a teddy bear as a gift - it's so soft and I feel like I'm five years old again, to be so tickled with it. She looked impossibly lovely and radiant, and there was so much happiness in that room.

Well, as of 06:59 this morning, I broke my wax ban. It was for a worthy cause. Out of nowhere, The Bathing Garden released The Apple Collection. I am only human. Had I known this was coming, I would have already planned to break the ban - so I should amend my ban rules to say: for ANY new activity from TBG or CFTKR, all bets are off. I ordered one of just about everything in this collection. Exquisite new scents...a lattice pie with apple and cardamom....little dipped apples....

I now see that there is a discount code...more about that in a moment.

Back on the wagon!

Have a fine day -