• You cannot reply to this topic

Welcome January. One Scent At A Time... 2018

#101 User is offline   MaggieMae 

• Certified scent expert!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Mod Squad

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:49 PM

Good Sunday Morning. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Didn't sleep well last night...not sure why.

Michele...that basket sounds cool and with a lid?? Wow! Perfect! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] You've got a good idea with EBay. People really make a lot of money on retired scents over there...I know I just bought the retired Sugared Cinnamon Donut and overpaid by double cause I love the scent so much!

This morning im burning Goosecreek's Jingle Bells...smells [smilie=th_fabulous1] but not a winter scent to me. Very fruity.

Have a good one. :)

Edit: Melting PFOP Pink Elephant Birthday Cake

#102 User is offline   debra99 

• The Mod Squad
  • Group: Moderators

Posted Yesterday, 04:23 AM

I am sad to say it is hard to go on a buying ban. I think part of the fun is the choosing and ordering new scents to try. :blush: I am trying, though...a couple of vendors I usually but from postponed their Jan. sales - whew! I have a couple of orders I have not even opened so I use up some of the old stuff.

Today it has been Candy Panda - Tea & Cakes and SGA Volcano Cotton Candy. Both of these were very strong!

#103 User is offline   AmyJo 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Locationsouthwest Ohio

Posted Yesterday, 01:00 PM

Good morning everyone,

Happy Monday to all. I had a busy weekend with cooking and baking - turned the kitchen upside down - and wasn't online much. I just caught up with all your wonderful posts.

Thanks Debra and MaggieMae for not only putting up with my pet stories, but actually encouraging me - it's good to see lots of pet lovers on here. Debra, I'm sorry your cats didn't like the flea meds - my cat doesn't either and I have to sneak it onto her. She seems so betrayed afterwards, LOL. "But it's for your own good"

Mpfand - I knew I had a partner in "boot-sucking mud" out there. Sure enough, all the snow has melted and the dogs are completely muddy and tracking it in [smilie=th_roll] ...At least I'm glad it's not subzero temperatures anymore.

MaggieMae and mpfand, you both made me laugh with rearranging the stash while DH is gone - and then being "BUSTED," LOL - I do the same. I haven't been at this wax game but for about 6 months but I still seem to have accumulated a full drawer of candles and a small cabinet full of melts. When DH is out, I play with them [smilie=th_shewiggle] amd bring out only one at a time.

I definitely need to go on a buying ban...but wait, there's that mystery box from Zeep coming in the mail...after that one, I will pause, really I will.

I haven't turned on the warmers yet today because I had an early call. Yesterday I melted Scentsations' Cucumber and Melon (YUM!) and then their Zen. I really struggled with Zen - I wanted so badly to like it but it smells a whole lot like my toothpaste and then I couldn't get that out of my head. I kept announcing, "Toothpaste!" to my husband and he finally said to change it and stop grumbling. [smilie=th_butbutbut]

Arkcandle - what does Fat Bottomed Girls Cupcake smell like, LOL? Great name...

Michele - I'm really glad you feel better and can melt again. Also thanks a lot for the Super Tarts link!!

This morning a lady from our insurance carrier is actually coming to our house to take my vital signs, LOL. This is part of the "Evidence of Insurability." Seems a bit much but OK. Has anyone else experienced this?

Take care all.
AmyJo

#104 User is offline   cookielady 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 04:32 PM

Morn everyone. Melting today: Vanilla Custard from SatinSuzie, from 2016 throwing great.
Susan

#105 User is offline   candlelove 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted Yesterday, 06:37 PM

Hi!

Melting Homemade Coconut Lemon Cakes Bites from a lovely CF friend. Thank you! Enjoying this.
Michele

#106 User is offline   lonegirl 

• Pip
  • LocationTexas

Posted Today, 01:35 AM

Thank you for the kind words everyone. Does anyone have a good candle company they recommend? I'm done with Yankee, I have lots of Bath&Body and just ordered some 1803. Any good companies on Etsy? I love to support small businesses and I love the cozy look of candles lit.

#107 User is offline   mpfand 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationN. Las Vegas

Posted Today, 02:30 AM

Hope everyone had a good day. :)

Melting Dulce de Leche from Scentsy.

#108 User is offline   debra99 

• The Mod Squad
  • Group: Moderators

Posted Today, 03:08 AM

Lonegirl - you might take a look at Pure Integrity, (I think their ad is below and you can click the box) They have one of our favorite fall scents - their pumpkin pie. I have also had pretty good luck with Goose Creek and Village. Of course, the BH&G at Walmart do a pretty decent job for the price!

Cookie - I am surprised at how many of my "oldies" still have a decent throw!

AmyJo - a little different, but we had a home insurance rep do a drive by before insuring and he left us with a few little "tips" as I recall it was things like remove some moss, etc.

Today is Red Velvet Cake from Cheryl's - very strong, I may need to shut it off for a bit. :wacko:

#109 User is offline   MaggieMae 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Mod Squad

Posted Today, 03:09 AM

Monday's are hard.

Good Evening All.

Lonegirl...I don't think I've ever bought "candles" from an Etsy seller (although I buy lots of tarts) but I do have some favorite sellers otherwise for candles. I Iove B&BW, McCalls, Goosecreek, Crossroad Candles, Spotted Hog & Country Button Candles to name a couple. :) I'm sure others on here have their favorites too and may be able to help with the Etsy question!

Debra...yes, bans are rough! :(

AmyJo...You seem to have the "managing your wax stash when there's no one around" thing down! LOL :sSig_heeheehee:

It's Draper Lane by Golden Willow Wax.... [smilie=th_00000020]

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users