The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
sweet&spiceygrl

September's Smellies

Good morning, everyone! th_oregonian_mornincoffee.gif

Mpfand, how fun to have a nice day to yourself shopping! That is one of my favorite pastimes that I don't get to do as often either...soon! yes.gif

Sweet, my SIL just got a new puppy and I had forgotten that period of the puppy crying at night- oy! th_cha60.gif I hope you get some sleep soon. A lab mix-how cute! th_huganimal.gif

This morning I'm melting Rootbeer ICSB from SGA from a friend. th_LOVE.gif

Sweet!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr YAY!! A new puppy? [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04 I know it's kinda painful right now but in two weeks time all this difficulty will be a memory and then you can fully enjoy your little guy! So exciting for you!

I heard AS is closed due to her health....I think making wax must be hard on the back and the wrists. I do hope she heals and can open at least here and there.

Earlier put on Honeydew Pear by WOW...great scent!

And Coconut Bubblegum by CFOW....which was sooooo strong I had to change it for....

Blonde Moment Birthday Cake & Orange Chiffon ZB by CF pals! Thanks....delicious!

It's super late....goodnight.

Happy Friday [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Melting today: Sweet Roasted Chestnuts by BHG

Pink Sugar Cookie by Fussass Mcgee

Sweet, on the amsterdam candle, it won't stay lit, tunnel etc. Will just put on the warmer.

Good morning ladies, and happy Labor Day weekend! th_oregonian_mornincoffee.gifDS # 1 was sad he couldn't go to school today because of the holiday, haha. wink.gif Today my SIL is in town from Boston and will be staying the night and visiting us and the boys; we are excited! th_avatar_4219.gif

Maggie, what does AS stand for? I can't find the abbreviation page.

This morning's melts are Pumpkin Spiced Latte from WWS from a friend-thank_you.gifand Pumpkin Ginger Cookie from BH&G. th_slider_flirt.gif

Good Morning!

Biolaeagles-Enjoy your visit with your sister in law. Melting YOCC Totally Scrumptious. Looks like this vendor isn't around anymore either.

Good morning, friends. [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

I'm glad to see you all are doing well. [smilie=yes]

Sure do miss getting here as much as I was before my mom got sick and this new relocation kicked in. She is still in a rehab, but improving daily. Hopefully next week when I get back from California, I can get a little closer to my normal routine. This afternoon I'm off for the "house-hunting" trip with DH. He left on Tuesday for Santa Clara and is getting settled in his new position. Technically, it was going to be more of an "apartment hunting" trip, to find him a place once the 30 days of corporate housing ended. However, good news came the other day when, after finding out how difficult (and expensive) it was going to be to get him into an apartment, we requested an additional 90 days of corporate housing and it was approved. [smilie=th_thumbs20up] Can you believe it will cost the company $6000 a month for a one-bedroom corporate apartment in Silicon Valley?! [smilie=th_sSig_what] Yep, you read that correctly. Absolutely outrageous is all I can say, but thank you, Intel! I think that calls for a tiny tart order somewhere to celebrate. [smilie=th_pardon]

LSC Pumpkin Patchouli ~ my very last LSC tart (and a little disappointing, I must say)

TCC Cotton Candy Cake w/ Buttercream and Magically Delicious

CFTKR Blueberry Cheesecake

Off to pack. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Hope you all have a great weekend!

[smilie=The_Hi] Hey Honeybear! Good to see ya and glad to hear your mom is improving! Great news! Boy, that is expensive :sSc_jawdrop3: but I suppose that is "normal" for that area. Good luck on your house hunting adventures! Safe travels.

Michele, I noticed that YOCC was :closed: too. Very upsetting. Didn't the business change hands not too long ago? I only ordered a few times from there but I absolutely loved everything I got. It was one of those places that is all around great but I don't order enough cause I want it all. I know that makes no sense. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Biolaeagles...AS is Aunt Smellmans. ;). Enjoy your visit with your SIL....and if your son misses school you're a lucky mom!

I've got Indigo by Alamo Candelaria upstairs

And downstairs it's another AS end of loaf...Celtic Moonspice/Caramel Cinna-Latte/Cottontails... [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Have a good one. :)

Maggie- ifs crazy that in the year or so I didn't order because my house was being renovated how so many vendors are no longer around or open only occasionally. CFTKR used to be super quick and now Csrol opens and closes quickly with a long TAT.

I am keeping my eyes out for new vendors.

Burning a candle for most of the day-YC Mocha Nut Latte. Really enjoying it.

Candlelove - I think the majority of my stash is from vendors that are no longer in business. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Sweet - you asked about the cats/pup getting to know each other period? First, congrats - bet it is a cutie! I love puppy tummies. In all honesty, it took a couple months before the cats mellowed. They ran every time the pup came near - and then the puppy thought PLAY!!! So, several weeks of hissin and spittin. [smilie=th_cha40] And the cats looked at me like I was a traitor!

Tonight is YC - Early Spring

G'mornng... [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe ....had lots of disturbing dreams last night so I'm tired. Ugh. Wonder what's on my mind?

It's SGA Coffees in the Kitchen

Scentfully Addictive Cappucino Espresso

:)

Maggie, aren't dreams weird? Maybe you can sqeeze a nap in this afternoon. ;)

Sweet, so far for my gallery wall I have a big 'P' and a frame to put around it, a set of decorative mirrors, some picture frames and a piece with a quote about families on it. It might be enough, but I need to work with the layout some more.

I'm melting a very old Scentsy scent, Red Delicious. Smells fabulous, just like a fresh picked apple!

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

Honeybear - We've missed U [smilie=The_Hi] ....glad to hear your mom is improving! Wow...the cost for a corporate apt is crazy high! :sSc_faint: I've watched the House Hunter shows on HGTV and am always surprised and dismayed at what the cost of real estate in CA can be. Hope U enjoy your time in CA with your DH!

Debra - Oh noooooo! :sFun_ahohno: I was hoping it wouldn't be that long for the cats to adjust. [smilie=th_cray]

MaggieMae - I hate when I have disturbing dreams. :( Do U remember what U were thinking about right before U went to sleep? Might have had something to do with that.

Mpfand - Your wall display sounds so nice! :sHa_okay: Don't know if this helps... but when I'm putting several items on my walls, I draw around them on newspaper (any paper will do), cut the shapes out and tape them on the wall to see where I like em. Better than making lots of holes in the walls, kwim?

Good Saturday morning! I'm melting TCSS Pumpkin Log from a CF pal (TY!)....[smilie=th_cc15]

That's a great idea Sweet!! I'm gonna use that for my next frame collection!! [smilie=th_cc8]

Mpfand...your display sounds beautiful! [smilie=th_c61]

I was walking around my house earlier wondering why I smelled "vinegar" in the family room. [smilie=th_cha66] I mopped the floors....still smelled. I vacuumed and linen sprayed the furniture...still there. I even pulled all my boxes out of my "lunatic wax hoarding woman" closet wondering if something turned....nothing. Finally I realized that it was the tart I had on earlier... [smilie=th_gagme] I don't know what happened but it went from cappucino to vinegar while heated. Blech.

So I pulled from my newest stash...

C&K Glazed Apple Cookies....smells delicious! All better. [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Hi, ladies! The_Hi.gifToday we had my SIL over and went out to breakfast, then celebrated a family birthday at the park later in the morning. The boys were so excited about CAKE! th_dancing_smile.gif

Maggie, that's gross how a tart turned to such a rancid scent- yeck! Luckily we all have lots of tarts to switch out to a better scent. th_pardon.gif

Candlelove and Debra, I'm so sad when a vendor goes out of business that I really like! It must be hard to run such an intense business and do the hard labor too! yes.gif

Honeybear, I'm so happy to see you on the forum too! I'm glad your mom is doing better too, and hope she finds a new place to go soon.

Mpfand, your display sounds beautiful! th_i-m_so_happy.gif

Earlier today I burned a blend of Coffee Bean Vanilla Waffle Cone & Vanilla Sugar Cookie Dough from HHS. th_drool33456183iw4.gif

Morning!

Biolaeagles...sounds like a fun birthday celebration! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] Your tart blend sounds yummy.

It's Daphnes Blueberry Pumpkin Sugar Cookie this morning.

Have a happy Sunday. :)

Good morning! :)

Thanks everyone re my gallery wall! And thanks for the great tip, Sweet! ;) DH is not a fan of multiple nail holes. Lol!

How's your new pup doing, Sweet? What did you name him?

Biolaeagles, sounds like a fun weekend!

Today is my sweet DD's 18th birthday. *sniff, sniff* Melting a favorite of hers, Central Park Praline from Scentsy.

MaggieMae - Yuk! [smilie=th_stink] Did your cappuccino melt turn to a vinegar sniff as soon as it was melted or did it take a while to happen?

Mpfand - [smilie=th_8d1933ff] to your DD! I think I've decided to name the pup Mookie. He's heard a lot of 'no bite...no chew...no potty inside...no cat! '...he's gonna think his name is NO! :lol: My emotions have been playing havoc with me, making me wonder if I should return him. I read some books that helped a lot when my last dog was a pup so I'm getting those again to help with training.

I'm melting SGA's Egg Nog French Toast Latte...it's good but my nose likes her other coffee blends I've tried better. dry.gif I like more of a creamy dairy eggnog scent and this eggnog has rum in it.

Good afternoon, ladies! th_76d65c2f.gif

Sweet, I hope you're able to train your puppy soon...it IS a lot of work! laugh.gif

Mpfand, th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7ddd90b43762af4c.gif to your DD!

Today I'm melting Mac Apple & Cactus Sea Salt and Hocus Pocus from Tiffany's- lots of yummy apple scents in here! th_LOVE.gif

That's a great idea Sweet! I'm sorry this is so difficult for you....I hope Mookie gets a hang of things soon!

The tart was melting for about an hour or two before I noticed the stink. I can't believe I didn't think of my warmer first! ????

It's SGA Grapefruit Orange Sherbet Buttercream Frosting...wonderful!

Hang in there Sweet! It was very hard having a puppy again - we had forgotten how intense the first couple of months were. But they really want to understand and follow the rules...they just aren't grown up enough to follow through all the time! [smilie=th_blij47-1] We are now at the "teenage" time and she is challenging us again!

Tonight I am melting HHS - Sea Breeze. I am being cautious - I have relatives here that complain that their clothes smell like candles when they get home. What is wrong with that? It could be the litter box...they should be grateful! [smilie=th_c032]

I have relatives here that complain that their clothes smell like candles when they get home. What is wrong with that? It could be the litter box...they should be grateful! [smilie=th_c032]

Debra - [smilie=th_funny_sign] I agree...waxies smell much better than a litter box! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] How old is your pup now?

Good Monday morning! I'm melting SGA's Dunkin Donuts in My Latte.....soooo good! [smilie=th_smilies-2] Hope everyone is enjoying the Labor Day weekend! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Sweet, she is almost 2. I am waiting for the magic age - about 3 years old, so she is more mature and settled down.

I am melting before the visitors get up, getting my fix! Then I will only use the melter in the back part of the house. Right now it is Cheryl's Apple Martini.