The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind Placeholder

Hi from a newbie

Hi all - I've always liked candles, my mom worked at a candle makers for a while back in the 90's and she'd always give me a few. However, when she moved on I drifted away from the hobby. In the last few months I've gotten interested again - tried a few candles I found at Walgreens (I know, I know) and they were awful - the "pumpkin" one made me nauseous. Eurgh. So I hopped on the net and did some research, found this place, did some more reading, and ended up going with The Spotted Hog for my first order of "gourmet" wax, as I like to think of it. I'm so excited - I'm expecting it at the end of the month since they say it's a two week turnaround right now.

The thing is... I kinda went crazy, lol. I mean especially their bakery section, it was amazing, all those tarts that look like food, plus I didn't have a tart melter (I only bought tarts, and a few soaps) so I had to get one of those... long story short, I have a huge order coming to me, more than 20 tarts. I can't wait, I'm so excited :D I think I must be a bit mental to do such a big order my first time, but I'm tired of bad candles and air fresheners don't last, and I just want my home to smell nice.

About me - I live in San Francisco with my fiance, we're looking to move to a new larger apartment soon, and when we do, we'll be adopting a puppy and working on bringing another kind of little one into the world :) It's nice to meet you all and I hope to be a regular here.

-Mer

Hey Mer! [smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whol I absolutely LOVE Spotted Hog so I think you'll be :wub: your order!!! I honestly have loved every scent I've ever gotten...I'm a bakery lover too!

Congratulations on your engagement and hope you enjoy your time here!!

Hi Mer and [smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whol to our fun little corner! What a great intro you've written! I love your term "gourmet wax." You'll no doubt really enjoy Spotted Hog. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Gail

Hi, Mer! You've come to the right place! [smilie=th_we0081] San Francisco is one of my favorite cities to visit!

Hi Mer!

I like Spotted Hog too. I'm waiting for a large order to arrive as well. Glad you joined us.

[smilie=th_blij31-1]

[smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whol

Welcome, Mer! You're off to a good start with Spotted Hog. I *love* their scent shots and candles and just got a notice that my order from them shipped today (I ordered Oct. 1st so that was a quick turnaround). Your home will soon be smelling awesome!

I have a good friend who lives in San Francisco; it's a lovely place.

Welcome! I also love Spotted Hog, but haven't ordered in awhile. Can't wait to hear what you think. :)

Hello and welcome, Mer!

I had to giggle when you referred to your order of over 20 tarts being huge! Just wait till you hear how many tarts many of us keep on hand and routinely order. I predict we will succeed in totally corrupting you! [smilie=th_giggle] So glad you joined us!

That is great! That is so true too- if I got down to 20 tarts I'd be panicky! I remember when I only had one small tart basket.

So glad you have joined-welcome!