The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

June's Summertime Scents

All the talk of Missy's Tempting Tarts is making me want to try her again!

I'm doing a Crosscreek fest, so I can see what I might want to re-order.

Buttercream Frosting

Banana Split

Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies

Blueberry Cheesecake

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Hot here, finally...100 degrees. Our little webby feet are going to get too dried out. Wish we could help you out by taking our rain back.

Now I have on Buckeye's Black Raspberry Vanilla and I am giving the Votivo candle one more try. If there is soot like the last time, it has become a tart.

I haven't added much new to the mix today but I wanted to check in anyway.

YC Greenhouse jar LR

YC Candy Hearts jar BR

YC melt in Green Bamboo LR

Archipelago Botanicals votives in Amalfi Kitchen

HoT melt in Charlotte's Evil Stepsister Desk area

whew. It's a lot going on but they are separated in different rooms mostly.

Starting out with bay window from YC. Very strong throw!

Is this a new scent or a retired one or a special one of some kind? I've never heard of it. How is the scent?

Busy Bee's - Chai Tea

We just got home last night from a week's vacation in the Outer Banks, NC, so after a week of no melting I had to throw something on as soon as we walked in the door! Butt Naked from Tuscadero's just to tide me over til morning.

Today it's a beachy hodge podge...Sun & Sand and Paradise from Crosscreek, Lime Margarita from Texas Scentsations, Flip Flops from Bella's and Beach Bum from CFTKR.

Have a great day everyone!

:shock:

Starting out with bay window from YC. Very strong throw!

Is this a new scent or a retired one or a special one of some kind? I've never heard of it. How is the scent?

Busy Bee's - Chai Tea

Yankee Bay Window is one of those you get at Kohl's in their Simply Home collection

Welcome back, Mjclkc! I hope you had a great vacation!

This morning, Banana Nut Bread from Blue Moon. Not sure what else. I want to get some of my older tarts out to melt.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Hi everyone! Since we're staying home from church today because of Gage, I'm actually melting this morning. In my bedroom, it's caribbean holiday from brown bag, and in the living room, it's my tayberries & teakwood 16 oz. candle that I won from crazy for soy.

The bandage change did NOT go well this morning, so I will be sooooo glad that a nurse will be here tomorrow to do it. Several nurses said that kids do better with their parents doing it, but I completely disagree. My kids cooperate so much better for someone else. Oh well. We survived, and it doesn't need to be done again until tomorrow. Whew!

I hope you all have a great day! :shock:

Oh, Heidi, I'm sorry to hear the bandage change didn't go well. I agree with you, though. My kids seem to do much better with that kind of thing if it's someone other than me or their dad!

Still melting Banana Pudding & Vanilla Wafters from Bella's. This scent is actually starting to grow on me. :shock: Have a good Sunday, everyone!

Heidi - I'm so sorry the dressing change did not go well. I think children do better with things like that with strangers. I'm glad the nurse will be there tomorrow. How often do they come?

I found some winners to melt:

Pink Sugar - Dew Drop Scents

Juicy Watermelon - Mookie Doodle

Bamboo - Autumn Candles

All of these are very good!

The nurse is supposed to come Monday and Wednesday this week, and then once a week after that until Gage is healed. Maybe if I mention that he doesn't do well with dh and I then they'll be able to send someone more often. I don't know, though. I can hope though, right? :shock:

The nurse is supposed to come Monday and Wednesday this week, and then once a week after that until Gage is healed. Maybe if I mention that he doesn't do well with dh and I then they'll be able to send someone more often. I don't know, though. I can hope though, right? :shock:

I would certainly mention it, Heidi. Perhaps they just need to come a little more in the beginning to assist. I know they would have to get an order for it, but it sounds like it might certainly be justified. Did they watch you and/or your husband actually do the dressing change?

Happy Sunday, all! Still too hot here!

The expensive Votivo candle still wanted to soot all over, so I poured the melted wax into the broad bowl of my plate warmer and voila! Waaay better! I can smell the Red Currant scent, and no soot!

In the melter: Candle Haven - Sweet Maple and Wood Flower. So strong that it is about to run me out of the room!

Heidi - I think it is also harder for Mom to do it because we are so worried about hurting that it takes twice as long!

Happy Sunday, all! Still too hot here!

The expensive Votivo candle still wanted to soot all over, so I poured the melted wax into the broad bowl of my plate warmer and voila! Waaay better! I can smell the Red Currant scent, and no soot!

In the melter: Candle Haven - Sweet Maple and Wood Flower. So strong that it is about to run me out of the room!

Heidi - I think it is also harder for Mom to do it because we are so worried about hurting that it takes twice as long!

Mmmm, Debra. Making a note about that Sweet Maple & Wood Flower! :shock:

Guest Anonymous

Awww - Heidi, hope the bandage changes go better for you and they'll send the nurse out for you.

Melting Candle Haven's whipped cream & honeydew.

:shock: these are some strong smelling tarts!

In a good way, tho! :lol:

Switched to Coconut Cream Pie from Candle Haven. Love this one. Sweet coconut with hints of pastry.

Guest Anonymous

I started out the morning with a coconut lemongrass in the plug in melter in the kitchen which in the afternoon, I turned it off & have a creme brulee candle going. We are having a thunder storm right now so I thought a candle would be good if the lights go out. They have been threatening to. In which case I have my stash of barely scented candles I will light for light LOL.

Probably tonight I will warm my absolute favorite.... Patchouli Spice melts.