The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

June's Summertime Scents

Guest Anonymous
Good morning! Today, it's english garden from dollar tree in my bedroom, berry from candle-lite in the kitchen, and my tester cotton balls & blossoms in the computer room.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'm sleepy this morning (between dh's snoring and my crazy dreams, I didn't sleep much), so I'm going to go chug-a-lug my big cup of coffee.

I had some off the wall dreams the last two nights too. lol

You just reminded me I brewed coffee and didn't get any yet. lol

So far I only have a violet marshmallow tart going from last night. I need to go see what else I can find.

Good Morning!

This morning I will be melting Nene's Blueberry Lemon Loaf (as soon as I get the melter cleaned out).... not sure what else I will be melting today... I have been keeping it simple with one melter going the past few days... it seems that my family does better with one scent going... it is when I have 3 or more melters going at once, they get a little overwhelmed.

Hope everyone has a nice day! :oops:

I know what you mean, fleur--it seems if I stick to one scent at a time I don't hear complaints from my son. Usually DH likes whatever I have with a few notable exceptions, but DS complains quite a bit. If I stick to one scent at a time, it is much better.

I have a one scent family too. I am more of a 4-5 scent person myself.

Right now I've only got YC Greenhouse jar

YC Midnight Cove jar

and YC Canary Island Banana tart

I am soooo Excited. My sister and kids fly down from Montana for a nice long stay. I had someone else come clean my home (awesome). I have a line up of lemons for my sis starting with YC Lemon Lavendar, iced lemon home interiors, lemon chiffon Gold Canyon, many vendors for melts too many to list but I have thrown in sand and sun in the guest bath so they will have a vacation feel. I'll let you all know how it goes and what their favs are.

Cheryl

I am soooo Excited. My sister and kids fly down from Montana for a nice long stay. I had someone else come clean my home (awesome). I have a line up of lemons for my sis starting with YC Lemon Lavendar, iced lemon home interiors, lemon chiffon Gold Canyon, many vendors for melts too many to list but I have thrown in sand and sun in the guest bath so they will have a vacation feel. I'll let you all know how it goes and what their favs are.

Cheryl

Have fun with your family, Cheryl.

Guest candlefreak

That sounds awesome Cheryl! I am sure they are going to really appreciate the thought you are putting into their stay. Have a fun time!

Today I have CYS Grapefruit Fresa (love love love this one!) and CYS Blackberry Lemonade (it is good too), both from bday tarts I got. It is such a hot day today, these scents are so nice and refreshing!

trep and jules... I melted one scent at a time this morning (no comments from the family)...I think that is the way to go when everyone is home...

This afternoon my daughter has a headache and doesn't want any scents on... I don't blame her... I am like that too... when I have a headache I do not melt....

Cheryl... have fun with the family [smilie=th_bounce]

For the rest of the day it is Bizzy B's Botanical Orchard and Nectar Blooms--this is an unusual scent and very nice.

I also had a surprise--I bought a pack of nine scented tealights at Wal Mart--the ones that match the Mainstay candles they have. To my great surprise--not only do they do a nice job and last a long time, but that one little tealight is scenting my entire small downstairs bath. It is the Spring Meadow scent. I just got them as I needed three blue ones to put in some holders I am giving as gifts. I decided I better use one and see if it did any good at all flame wise and was very happy to find they actually put out a decent scent. My experience with scented tealights has been that seldom can you actually smell them but these actually are very good. They are $2.50 for a pack of nine which isn't too bad. Just thought I'd share.

I've been noticing that you guys are naming some new vendors I've never heard of....Scentsy, Country Glow Soy,Arts and Hearts, and Nessa's sweet scents. I just wanted to know what you think of these vendors you have tried....are their melts strong and long lasting? Also...how's their shipping and CS?

This afternoon I am trying Cinnamon Vanilla from Candle Haven in the kitchen and LR and Manuka Honey & Lavender from Soy Lovely in the MB.

Guest Anonymous
I am soooo Excited. My sister and kids fly down from Montana for a nice long stay.

Hi Cheryl! Have you been to Montana to visit your sister? I hear it's beautiful country up

there. Have a great visit w/your sister and kids!

Melting Can-Do's country store. That sounds funny....I'm not a pyromaniac.....that's the scent name! [smilie=th_bounce]

Bella's Lemon Pound Cake - the brittle.

Our Own Candle Company's Fresh Linen. Hoping it will inspire me to clean. Not working so far.

Sugar & Spice's Summer Fresh.

I just put all of these on, so a little early to tell.

I've been noticing that you guys are naming some new vendors I've never heard of....Scentsy, Country Glow Soy,Arts and Hearts, and Nessa's sweet scents. I just wanted to know what you think of these vendors you have tried....are their melts strong and long lasting? Also...how's their shipping and CS?

I've tried Country Glow Soy (new to me) and Arts & Hearts. Country Glow Soy is OK for what I've tried. Had a really good scent throw from Sweet Potato Pie (not really sweet, more of a spicy) and Blackberry was fairly strong. I put them on before work and still smelled them when I came home. My scents were packed in ziploc bags, which I didn't care for, but I got a great deal. I'm trying to hurry and use those up before the scent is sucked out.

Arts & Hearts - I have tried a couple of the scents that were being cleared out, and not really caring for those. Not much throw, but I've only tried Sugar Plum and Cedar something. I bought a clamshell of Biolage, though, and that was fabulous! It was on in the guest bathroom with the door closed, and the scent was oozing out into the guest bedroom. It lasted a fairly good while (I change out scents frequently). Just tried her Lemon Buttercream, and it was good, but not as strong.

Thanks so much for the info. I like to get an idea of what new vendors are like before I order. In this day and time I can't afford to waste my money!

cb - my goal before it got too hot to ship was to try new vendors, so I would have something to "play with" over the summer. I have several I had never heard of until recently - some I just stumbled across...don'tcha just love Google?

Right now I have my first Nessa's going in the melter. Aroma Relax has a great cold sniff, and Vanessa's butterfly garden was unusual. Hope they are good when they are melting. CS was great - she had a delay, emailed to let me know and threw in a couple of freebie tarts.

Threw on Banina Colada-LOL when I got home today.

I went out to a fellow foster's farm. She had 23 dogs on site and all of her farm animals to boot. I went to take a dog off her hands-I only foster 4 at a time myself.

I brought home the cutest basset hound-he is going to take a lot of TLC to get him ready for adoption. Very underweight,never been trained in any capacity. Seems to love everyone,especially the kids-so I think he has the potential to be a good dog.

Have a fabulous evening everyone!

Threw on Banina Colada-LOL when I got home today.

I went out to a fellow foster's farm. She had 23 dogs on site and all of her farm animals to boot. I went to take a dog off her hands-I only foster 4 at a time myself.

I brought home the cutest basset hound-he is going to take a lot of TLC to get him ready for adoption. Very underweight,never been trained in any capacity. Seems to love everyone,especially the kids-so I think he has the potential to be a good dog.

Have a fabulous evening everyone!

That sounds wonderful, Cat!

Thanks Debra for the info on your new vendor. Cat....I think it's wonderful how you're helping with these animals! I'm always taking in every stray that finds it's way to my house.

Scentsy is kind of like Home Interiors. You contact a rep. near you and order through her. My sil is a consultant so I occasionally order from her. I like their melts and they have some unique scents. They do cost a bit more than a lot of on-line vendors, but you get a price break if you buy 3 or more clamshells. Here is the link if you're interested in checking it out. http://www.scentsy.net

Nancy, thanks for the info about those Mainstays tealights. You are right, tealights usually have no throw. Who'da thought Wal-Mart's do!

I cleaned all evening because I am going on vacation Thursday and want to come back home to a clean apartment. I have cozy scents going on tonight. Restarted Cafe Au Lait and added a Shortbread Cookie burning near it. Smells like dessert and coffee! YC Good Morning candle burning in my sparklingly clean kitchen. Tired, but content and cozy!

Nancy, thanks for the info about those Mainstays tealights. You are right, tealights usually have no throw. Who'da thought Wal-Mart's do!

I cleaned all evening because I am going on vacation Thursday and want to come back home to a clean apartment. I have cozy scents going on tonight. Restarted Cafe Au Lait and added a Shortbread Cookie burning near it. Smells like dessert and coffee! YC Good Morning candle burning in my sparklingly clean kitchen. Tired, but content and cozy!

I love melting my favorite scents after I've been cleaning all day! I clean like crazy right before we go on vacation, too. Two reasons: 1) I don't want to come home to a dirty, disorderly house. 2) What if something happened to us while we were gone and family or a neighbor has to get into the house? I wouldn't want them to see it a mess! Might be a little morbid, but it's kind of like how your mom used to tell you to wear clean underwear before you leave the house! Anyway, I hope you have a good vacation, Jason.