The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Ex-Sept-ional scents for September

LLVV, this is the first year I didn't cry on the first day of school and we've been at this a while. It is an exciting time. Take lots of pictures. blush.gif hugs.

Melting CYS - White Doves

It's good. I'm trying to figure out the notes though. It has a little spice like a biscotti or a pound cake. Anise maybe? Black pepper? Anyone know what the description was on White Doves? It was a LE Holiday scent. Anyone? Bueller?

Michele - Your time at the beach sounds wonderful. Wish you the best with those busy days ahead of you.

Maggie - Apple Zucchini Muffin Top sounds scrumptious. I'm going to be placing a Spotted Hog order soon so I'll have to add it to my order list.

This evening I'm melting Baklava from Nene's. :D

Hi everyone!

Anyone doing something special for Labor Day tomorrow?

Today I cheated on Yankee. I went into BBW because they are having a great sale...2 for $20 on their large (YC medium size) 3 wick candles. I have some 3 wick candles from Yankee that I love. I went in innocently wanting to smell their new fall scents and walked out with 10 candles. [smilie=th_Whistle] I was actually going to Yankee to treat myself to a new candle because I had spent 2 hours weeding this morning with more to follow up on tomorrow morning. I also bought 2 of their new tart burners...a green mosaic one and a brown mosaic one. They are so pretty! I only ended up getting a bag of tea lights from Yankee as their sale was no where near as good as BBW's.

Tonight I'm melting: Cinabons from Carol. Oooh...right on! Earlier I melted Sugared Shortbread and Green Apples & Cinnamon.

This afternoon I burned YC's Candied Apple and tonight I'm burning Fresh Mint.

Hi all! I too could not resist the Slatkin sale at B&BW, and just had to go back and get Autumn and another Leaves candle. You can't beat 2/$20! Several other tempting fall scents, but I was good. But I love the smell of Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin (I think that's what it's called) and the Caramel Apple smelled so good, and I loved the Pumpkin Patch scent in the tart. It was hard to only buy two candles!

Tonight I'm burning the new Slatkin Autumn candle. Not as strong as Leaves, but a very nice, crisp scent. I smell mostly apple and some woodsy notes. Also burning YC Moonlight Harvest, and melting YC Autumn Gold. Happy Labor Day all!

ETA: Why did Slatkin stop making tarts????

SweetTart, don't you love when BBW has the jar candles for 50% off?!! Oh my! What scents did you get? BTW, I never did make it to the sale at YC yesterday...I really want some $1 tarts & votives! Maybe today...

SweetTart - that's a great sale! What scents did U get? Do U know if this sale includes their fall scents? Have a nice mini vacay!

Aria and sweet&spicey- YES!! love those sales very much and i got the Lotus Flower, Green Daisy, Seaside escape and Pomgranate Lemonade.

Aria- did you ever went to get those YC $1 tarts then? and I got a chance to go the other day and it was too late becuz there were only a few selections left that was on sale. So decline on it, [smilie=damn] i could have use my YC $10 off of $25 with it too.

sweet&spicey- Thanx, i had a blast on my mini vacay!! ^_^ And on whether or not they have falls scents on sale, frm when i went for that last BBW sale, they had only summery scents on sale. Guess they trying to sell those out so they can bring the fall scents out.But see LLVV current post that there seem to be another candle sale goin on and its on fall scents. Now i gotta also check that out! [smilie=th_yahoo]

Sweet, nice haul from B&BW. Not really a candle person, but I must admit, I have gotten a few of the Slatkins, and they are quite good in my opinion. I may just have to stop in there, especially with the 50% off.

sillysmom- thanx!! :wub: and yes i agree with you, they ARE quite good! Go get some girl and they are on sale rite now too!!... why not take advantage of it?![smilie=th_aa17] Hee Hee!

Jules - perfect timing. I melted a creme brulee for the first time tonight. It almost smelled like it had soured milk in it. Is that a usual note, or did I get a dud?

My better scent for tonight: Slatin's tarts, I wish they had more, Pineapple Mango.

debra99- ewwwww sour milk?!?! Thats yucky if it does smell like that! and i NEVER got a chance to try those BBW tarts!! Wish they would bring them back! Look for them at every BBW and never found them [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

LLVV- Wow why are school so darn picky now a days!! Sheesh! that sounds kinda ridicules and to not even mention where you can buy that frm the beginning? sheesh!! <_< and that is great that there is somethin that works for your dad for his pain. Happy for ya to hear some good news and to see that that makes you happy! :wub:

MaggieMae- love that dragaonfly quote you have up. [smilie=th_aa17]

Well back from my mini vacay and had alota fun!! Lady gaga concert was so much fun!! One of the best time of my life!! Lol. Mall of America in Minnesota was huge!! Had fun there too. We check out there amusement parks, aquarium, restuarants and shopping stores. Enjoy there too. Fun! Fun! Fun! [smilie=th_giggle]

Melted CFTKR Peach Jam Cheesecake and my all time fav CFTKR Peach, Magnolia and Raspberry!

Happy Melting you all!! Nitey Nite!!

Good Morning and Happy Labor Day!

Since tomorrow is DD's first day of kindergarten we're just having a calm family day today.

This morning I'm still melting Carol's Cinabons. Yummy!

Happy Labor Day!

We're going to a little F.D. family picnic today. The kids are looking forward to the bounce house. DH and I are looking forward to seeing some old friends.

This morning I'm melting Harvest Moon from Bright Blessings, and Strawberry Rhubarb Pie from Sugar & Spice.

Here's hoping for no rain today.th_Animated20Dogs20waving.gif

Jason [smilie=The_Hi] - I got a Slatkins Autumn candle, too and am burning it right now....great scent! I sure wish Harry DID make tarts. I've seen several post about melting em, but I've never even seen any of the little buggers. :roll:

Everyone have a fun and safe Labor day! [smilie=th_bounce]

Happy Labor Day! I hope everybody has a lovely day, whether you've got big plans or no plans for the holiday. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

I'm melting Haley's Red Delicious Apple, a big fave and perfect for the cooler 95 degree temp. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Gail

Melting Wild Mountain Honey from OMG candles...this has been going for 12 hours and I can still smell it all through the house! [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Happy Labor Day everyone! Hoping to go by BBW later to possibly pick up a Slatkin candle or two!

YC rhubarb plum moderate

YC lilac blossoms...moderate

YC eucalyptus...weak, bit it's a very old tart

YC country linen

Jason [smilie=The_Hi] - I got a Slatkins Autumn candle, too and am burning it right now....great scent! I sure wish Harry DID make tarts. I've seen several post about melting em, but I've never even seen any of the little buggers. :roll:

Everyone have a fun and safe Labor day! [smilie=th_bounce]

I bought a whole bunch during the SAS last dec. That was the first and last time that I saw them,never again did they appear.

Hi Everyone!

We are eagerly getting DD ready for her first day of kindergarten. She's so excited. I hope she'll still be excited about the first day of school 10 years from now. I'm still looking for 2 large glue sticks. They have to be large...not small. We already bought 8 of the small ones. I've been to 4 stores and everyone is out of stock. I shouldn't be shocked. It took me a month to track down Crayola 4 oz. no clog glue. What the heck? Why not Elmers...it's available everywhere?!?!?! Apparently this Crayola glue is only available at one store, Michaels and the school didn't bother to tell this to anyone.

Melts from the last 24 hours -

CFTKR: Christmas Cookie, Sugared Shortbread, and Green Apples & Cinnamon. Everything of course is wonderful.

I couldn't stand my Wild Cherry candle from YC anymore. I threw it out. It was making me sick to my stomach and I don't know why. I usually love cherry scents. I switched to Fresh Mint...ahhh..much better!

Yowza! I can't even get my students to bring in their own pencil. Those sound like crazy requests from a school. I guess teaching in a poverty stricken district has lowered my expectations.

Starting the day out with Cappuccino from Scentsy. Today is DD's 13th birthday. I'm officially the mother of 2 teenagers. :o She had a friend sleep over last night and I took them to get their nails done. I think today we're just going to hang out and eat left over birthday cake! Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday.

Cindy, Wild Mountain Honey must be fabulous! It sounds soooo goooood!

I want more Slatkin too. Don't need 'em, just want 'em. [smilie=th_sml29]

LLVV, first day of kindergarten. One of life's milestones. I hope your DD loves it!

Still melting Haley's Red Delicious Apple. Here's a first, and it's a shocker. [smilie=th_thConfus_55] DH just got home after being gone a week. He walked in and said, "Hmm, that sure smells good!" [smilie=th_sSig_what] Am I hearing things? [smilie=th_sSig_what] Say again, please. [smilie=yes]

Now the question is... does he love this particularly scrumptious scent like I do, or does he have a new appreciation for my smellies after being without them all week? Dare I hope? [smilie=th_Kusje-1]

Gail

Denny~ Oh lucky you with the SH order!!! That will be one of my first purchases when I come off my "ump-teenth" lockdown... ^_^

Sweettart~ Thanx about the quote...I am glad you had such a great time on your vacation! :D

LLVV~ Good luck to your cutie on her first day of Kindy-garten!!!! I remember those days well...how exciting for both of you!!! :)

jpnona~ WOW...only a pencil? My kids have always had to bring stuff from a list as long as Santa's...including a box of tissues and rolls of papertowels! This year the twins each needed a particular caculator that costs over $20 each and my son needs some kind of a calculus calculator that costs almost $100!!! I hope it chops vegetables and blends drinks as well for that price!!! ;)

Mpfand~ Happy Birthday to your DD!!!! [smilie=th_1819] Happy teenage years to YOU!!! :blink:

Gail~ Could it be??? [smilie=party]

Melting:

The same as last night with the SH Apple Zucchini Muffin Tops...I just can't throw it out while it has some "ompf"...added Carol's Country Fair Strudel.