The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovescentedthings

Silver Bells, Christmas Smells

Wow Sillys! That was awesome of your sister!

Morning melts:

These are relatively strong:

GHBT tomato leaf

YC country linen

CHC vanilla grapefruit

Rosa's earth and sky

Haley's buttercream cupcakes...from a CF friend...moderate

I am glad to hear everyone is safe and sound(Jason's Dad). It sounds like Santa was very good to us all. I got some nice candles for gifts. We made a trip home to Vincennes yesterday and celebrated with both sides of the family. I t was a quick trip, but seems to be working out better this way. I may start taking the tree down and putting stuff away. i always leave my grapevine tree display up until mid January. I think we have some snow coming, so I better check to see if i have kitty food and TP.

I am melting a jar candle from a friend Patriot Candles-grandma's Kitchen. Have a great day everyone.

Good morning, friends! [smilie=th_wave]

Candlelove, enjoy having your family home for the holidays. [smilie=group_hug]

Cheryl, it sounds like you could really use a bit of R&R. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffee] Hope you get some pronto! Who's the vendor on that Gingerbread melt, please?

Debra, bummer about your cold. Hopefully it'll be short lived and you can start the new year out with a clear sniffer! [smilie=th_hema1]

LLVV, that's a great haul at the outlet. [smilie=th_cc15]

Sillys, shopping with sisters can be the best shopping ever. :? Sounds like you girls had a great time. I'm waiting not-so-patiently to see photos of that candle crate. :shock: What an awesome, amazing, incredibly thoughtful gift!

Things are settling down around here today and it should be a fairly quiet day. It's cold this morning, 20 degrees. I'm melting BG's Home for the Holidays. I smell spruce, a bit of sweetness, a bit of fruit. Gotta go add it to my "Hits" in The Melting Pot's "Christmas Hits and Misses 2009" thread. :shock:

Gail

I think we have some snow coming, so I better check to see if i have kitty food and TP.

:shock: Now that's paring it down to the bare necessities, Katz! Too cute. Stay snuggy and warm.

Gail

Hello!

This morning I'm melting Carol's Hansel and Gretel's House and Mulberry Pear. I have YC's Misteltoe burning.

Silly - I'm so happy the streets are clear! Did you notice any cool scents at YC during the post-holiday sale?

Silly - I'm so happy the streets are clear! Did you notice any cool scents at YC during the post-holiday sale?

Ummm, no! That trip was a bust. There were only Christmas, Halloween, and Fall scents on sale and it wasn't all of them either. I don't know, the people in the mall store, have become not so very nice and accomodating. Snippy answers if they know the answers, and lots of I don't knows. I thought I was going to do major shopping in their yesterday. Guess I have to wait until the REAL $1 tart sale!

I did get about 10 tarts. Mostly North Pole, and I think 3 of the new Spring scents that they had. They also had Coconut Bay finally in a tart, so I got that.

Have a great afternoon everyone!

Put a year old HoT melt on earlier....Christmas Wish type....it started out smelling nice, but then developed a sort of soapy smell. Had to blow out the tealight.

Switched to some Evergreen oil from BBW....love it.

Kim, love your avatar....such a funny movie...."electric sex" :shock: I remember passing through or near Vincennes when we lived in Evansviile a few years ago (only lived there for 1 year.) How far of a drive is that for you?

Hey girls/guys,

I skimmed over a few posts and it seems everyone had a wonderful holiday. Thats nice.

Ours was good too, but I am secretly glad its over this year. Not sure why though. It just seemed kinda rushed for me and not very organized this time around. It was nice in the end.

Today I am melting Carols Christmas Pine and burning CBV Christmas Memories.

Received a nice order from SSS right before the holiday, but those are not Christmas scents and I want to kinda clear out my holiday stash. Gotta love Kim's(SSS) scents and quality.

Also, got some CFTKR scents from a dear friend and those are yummy as well and my CBV tart warmer with just a few melts too. I did order a sampler pack of candles to be used as gifts and kept a few for ME. All are great.

Hi CF Friends-

I am not on here as much as I would like lately. It has been kind of crazy around here with a full house. DH and the kids went to see Sherlock Holmes. I am relaxing for a bit. We had dinner out and that was nice.

I have melting Nene's Spiked Egg nog in 3 melters. I am burning GC Spiced Eggnog. I really like it. I am also burning YC Mrs. Claus Cookies, YC Buttercream, and a very old YC Chocolate Chip Cookies which I am trying to finish. I came upon some old YC stash with a few candles that are almost to the end.

I am glad that everyone enjoyed their holiday. I have a giant party here on New Year's Day with family and friends. It is always fun but loads of work. It is a good way to end the holiday season.

I hope everyone has a great evening!

Aria: I know , it's the best movie.. Vincennes is a 2 hour 15 minute drive from our house. Both sides of the family live there. I was in Evansville a couple of years ago when my Dad was in the hospital there and it has changed so much from when I used to go Christmas shopping there as a kid. We did not have any malls in Vincennes, so the closest were Terre Haute or Evansville.

This afternoon I am melting a really pretty mosaic candle from Kohl's called Silver Birch. It's very pretty, but I' m not getting a lot of scent at this point.

Once again...please forgive me...haven't taken time to read all the posts.

Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone "Seasons Greetings". snow-087.gif Hope it was all you wished for and more.

Our trip to Callaway Gardens was soooooo wonderful. I think we may make it an annual event.

Melting Pure Scents Country Christmas in the kitchen and LR, along with Nene's Spa in the BR.

Tunisianswife...oh my...the Spa from Nene's was definitely worth the wait.penguin-002.gif Absolutely lovely!

On to a new year...hope it is bright and blessed and full of love. love-125.gif

Today I'm melting:

Can-Do's Christmas Tree in the LR

Slatkin's Fresh Balsam in the FR (scooped out the wax and put it in my melter)

....................julgran.gif........................

I prefer Fresh Balsam which is a pleasant pine scent, not overpowering.

I had a hankerin' for something lighthearted and fruity, so this afternoon it's LOL's Mai Tai Twist. I'm practically a teetotaler but this is making me want to go out for drinks! :lol: Care to join me, anyone? :lol:

Gail

Hello Everyone. Man it's been a while since I have been at a computer. Finally home from the holiday visiting and burning a YC Gingerbread candle and it smells great. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Hi!

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Peach Cheesecake (very similar to her Peach Jam Cheesecake) and Fireside. I'm burning YC's Egg Nog (3 wick one which was a Christmas present from DD) and Christmas Cupcake (my wax turned an almost gray color from the soot).