The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovescentedthings

Silver Bells, Christmas Smells

Guest ilovescentedthings

have a good morning all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

were going to start melting christmas scents today. Possibly an egg nog one.no maybe a pine one. hmm I don't know yet.

I have to head out this morning so I'll melt later. SSS Candy Cane and SH Hot Noel lasted all day yesterday. My DS is home and he asked what was melting because it smelled so good.

More wrapping and laundry today but I have a Christmas party this afternoon at the church where I volunteer on Mondays.

Bigred-It is good to see you back here and i hope your Mom is doing better.

I hope everyone enjoys their day.

Welcome home, BR!

I have a lot of reading to catch up on - we adopted a Momma kitty yesterday that had been dumped with her litter. Of course the ktties were snapped right up, but Momma sat in her cage, depressed, breaking my heart when I saw her. Now the tough introduction period as the cranky cat that lives here sets the "rules".

Tonight is Winterberry Wreath, Cottage Hill. Possibly last year's, but still smells good.

Debra,I'm glad the Momma kitty has found such a caring home with you. Good luck with the introduction. Give it lots of time.

I'm planning on being home most of the day. We've got an extra kid visiting for the day. I'll spend my time wrapping, and cleaning. The house always looks so cluttered this time of year. It's a battle to keep it looking neat in December.

I'm going to light a bunch of holiday candles and melts. For starters:

Crosscreek - Pumpkin Nog Latte

Thanks so much for your kind words Sweet, Trep, Gail and Sharonana!

The big kids have the day off today and the little ones have to go in late...strange...you'd think it was the other way around?? While everyone is still in bed, I am enjoying some time with the java. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffee] That's pretty much how I look...I was up late waiting for the 18 year old to get in...the black ice scares me.

Remelting CYS Silent Stars...I could wear this one! WOW!

Also popped in Mrs. Claus Candy Cane Cookies...awaiting some throw from this one...nothing yet but maybe it needs to get really hot...I've noticed that with GG.

Have a nice one all!

Bigred, good to see you. glad that things can start to return to some semblance of normal in your life, and your mom is back on track.

debra, what a wonderful thing to adopt poor momma kittie. the older ones always seem to get overlooked.

Maggie, sorry to hear of the loss of your mom's and your friend.

all your recent smellies sound so festive, everyone.

this morning it is CCCC gingerbread cookies, CBV Christmas buttered rum(on the 3rd t-light and still throwing. love this one. yummy

CBV peace candle on themelter in the br

YC lilac blossoms remelt in the bath

have a good day, alll

Good morning!

It's a snow day here. DD is so disappointed because her school was having a Christmas party today. I have some fun activities planned for her.

I'm melting Carol's Luscious Vanilla and Christmas Morn. I have YC's Christmas Cupcake burning.

Just one melter going right now....Busy Bee Honey Gingerbread. So yummy.

debra, good luck with the momma kitty. Hope they get along okay.

I did not sleep well last night and feel very tired today. Coffee isn't helping at all.

Mornin' all. [smilie=th_u53]

Aww Debra, bless your heart for adopting the mama kitty! :roll: What did you name her? I really wish I could adopt a kitty too, but a doggie door giving access to outside and a desert filled with coyotes isn't a good mix.

Boogie, I love Can-Do Spiced Cranberry too. A sure winner![smilie=hijacked]

Candlelove, enjoy your party at the church!

LLVV, that's a shame about DD's school Christmas party. Is it permanently canceled or just postponed?

Aria, I know the feeling. Hope you get some rest today! Busy Bee Honey Gingerbread, another winner!!

I'm melting Cheryl's Cinnamon Frosting. I love cinnamon and this is the best one I've ever smelled! [smilie=th_LOVE] I like many vendors but I'm adding Cheryl to my three way tie for absolute favorite, right up there with LOL and Can-Do.

Going to brave the 37 degree weather to take my little sweetie for some fun at the park this morning. :shock: Then it's time to get into high gear holiday prep mode. :lol:

Have a very happy day, my friends.

Gail

Debra - Awww...bless your heart for giving mama kitty a good home. [smilie=hijacked] My cats have accepted the new kitties, thank goodness. My dog, on the other hand....not so much... :roll:

Aria - hopefully your boys can go to a neighbor's for some play time today and U can get a nice, refreshing nap. [smilie=th_u53]

Have been melting Deana's Pumpkin Nog Latte this morning.

BTW - there's a 'holiday decorating' thread in the Off Topics Room where U can post pics of your beautiful trees, etc. Would love to see more (hint...hint... :shock: )

Have a good day, all.... [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20waving]

Glad to see you posting again bigred.. [smilie=hijacked] I've missed you!

Recent melts:

YC Christmas wreath...moderate

Haley's Autumn Harvest...moderate

Crosscreek Country Christmas...strong

CHC winterberry wreath...doubled up...moderate

[smilie=hijacked] Cleaning the DR, moving my tart stashes to make room to actually eat in the DR, :roll: I found a new 24 watt melter I'd gotten in a different color. Plugged it in and popped in K's Kreations Pumpkin Crunch Cake. I started smelling something really icky, kinda like something died. [smilie=th_u53] I put my sniffer in the air, searching for the offender and discovered it's coming from the melter. :shock: I'm hoping it just needs to burn off. Did this ever happen to anyone else?

Anyhoo.....the Pumpkin Crunch Cake is sooo good (if it can overcome the melter stink :lol: )

0000aabbccate-1.gif Hey there gang!

sweet, that is sure strange about the melter giving off a horrible smell. Did it ever burn off?

No nap for me today, but I feel okay. I've been cleaning and straightening up. Now that I am sitting down, I am starting to feel sleepy.

Melting a tart from my CHC order that arrived this morning....Butter Rum Allspice...smells yummy, strong too. I also have a plug-in melter going in the mudroom ~ Carol's Christmas Garland.

Upstairs, it's Candy Cane from GHBT 50505.gif

Maggie, so sorry about the loss....forgive me for forgetting to mention it before...

Gail, I adore Crosscreek's Cinnamon Frosting....I wonder if it's the same scent as Cheryl's. I don't think Deana carries that scent anymore.

Think I am gonna go brew some thcoffeepot.gif....need a little pick me up to get me through the rest of the day.

Happy Melting! rudolph-3.gif

[smilie=hijacked] Cleaning the DR, moving my tart stashes to make room to actually eat in the DR, :roll: I found a new 24 watt melter I'd gotten in a different color. Plugged it in and popped in K's Kreations Pumpkin Crunch Cake. I started smelling something really icky, kinda like something died. [smilie=th_u53] I put my sniffer in the air, searching for the offender and discovered it's coming from the melter. :shock: I'm hoping it just needs to burn off. Did this ever happen to anyone else?

Anyhoo.....the Pumpkin Crunch Cake is sooo good (if it can overcome the melter stink :lol: )[/quote

Oh yeah... I know that stink. I suggest you remove the bowl and turn the melter on. Let the offensive stink burn off in a vacant room. It should be gone in 90 minutes. No need to waste a beautiful tart .

sweet spicy, I'm sorry I couldn't help but chuckle at the melter stinkage issue. I think it was the little emoticon that went along with it. let us know the outcome.

GG Buns of steel going for most of the late morning til now. still going strong.

burning CBV butter rum crunch pb candle

CBV twilight burning in the bath.

I needed a break from the Christmas scents so I am melting one of my faves-SSS Vanilla Butter Fudge (love this one) and burning SH Piggy Munch.

I hope everyone enjoys their evening.

Tonight smells like Cranberry Peppermint. [smilie=th_offtobed]

YC jar and CD melt.

We just went for a drive around town looking at Christmas lights. The air was brisk and carols played on the radio. When we walked back in the house we could still smell the Cranberry Peppermint. Lovely.

[smilie=th_LA839B1117]

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Peppermint Bark (OMG, I've died and gone to scent heaven) and burning YC's Christmas Cupcake. I wish I could drink the peppermint bark wax...it smells sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

Oh yeah... I know that stink. I suggest you remove the bowl and turn the melter on. Let the offensive stink burn off in a vacant room. It should be gone in 90 minutes. No need to waste a beautiful tart .

LLVV :shock: - you were right, it did burn off....thank goodness! That's never happened to me before, and I hope it never does again. :lol:

Jules - We used to drive around and look at all the lights when we were kids, too. Your boys will always remember doing that and having fun. [smilie=th_offtobed]

Last melt of the evening is S&S Pumpkin Cheesecake Latte.

[smilie=th_LA839B1117]

Evening, friends.

Sweet, how cool that you discovered a brand new electric melter in your dining room! [smilie=th_offtobed] Shame about the icky smell though. I'm glad it burned off.

Jules, that sounds like a PERFECT holiday evening! :shock:

Aria, I don't know if it's the same scent as Crosscreek. I've never ordered from Deana but she's on my "must try" list. I do know that Cheryl's version is pure heaven in wax. It's been going strong for over eleven hours and is still scenting the whole house in delectable delight! [smilie=th_LA839B1117]

Off topic for a minute. If you like nature, you might be interested in this little story. When I went to the river park this morning, I saw a big ol' bobcat who had just caught a duck! It was quite a heavy haul for him and he struggled to carry it, pausing to rest every once in awhile. He kept on going down the trail until he disappeared around a bend. There was no one around anywhere 'cept me and my dog, but I declared out loud, "WOW!! It's a bobcat! It's a big bobcat right over there and he's got his breakfast!" I was SO excited. Hobbit was singularly unimpressed. He thinks squirrels are lots more fun. :lol:

Gail

Gail - I imagine if the duck hadn't been kickin & screaming so much the bobcat wouldn't have had as much trouble carrying it. [smilie=th_LA839B1117] Seriously, tho.....do you come across many bobcats in the park? They wouldn't think of making you or Hobbit breakfast...would they? [smilie=th_offtobed]

Sweet, I'm glad the icky smell burned off. Now you have a new melter, like an unexpected gift.

Gail, that would have been exciting to watch. I would be relieved that Hobbit was uninterested. We have bobcats here too, but I have yet to see one in person. The discovery channel is as close as I care to be.

[smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_flucht]