The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovescentedthings

Silver Bells, Christmas Smells

Gail...sorry to hear about your friends' troubles :shock:

Glad to hear that HL will be lowering their shippung rates...that's why I haven't ordered so far!

I got a super care package from Cyn today...thanks! [smilie=th_smiley_doorpeek]

Tomorrow I give my last exam! [smilie=th_snoopy]

Today's melts:

Rosa's country candles...amaretto sour...strong and fabulous

Haley's poison pie...strong

YC red berry and cedar...weak.. :P Some have been great, some not

EW naughty elf nightcap...moderate

Gail, so sorry for your friends trials. You're a good friend to help when they need it most. [smilie=th_smiley_doorpeek]

Trep - that group of friends of yours sounds like a keeper! Were U gifted w/any smelly prezzies? [smilie=th_snoopy]

Dabba - sounds like you're a little excited about having some time off. :P Is school out for 2 weeks - or more?

Melting Bissy's Red Velvet Cake. Soooo good! :shock:

Tunisian, Dabba, and Sweet, thanks for your kind words. I don't know why I've been blessed with such wonderful friends. They've given me much more than I could ever give back. I'm a lucky gal.

I also wanna know more about the Poison Pie. Does it smell a little like bitter almonds, perhaps? :shock: [smilie=th_smiley_doorpeek]

I switched to SH's Apple Jack & Peel. Ohhhh soooo deelish! [smilie=th_snoopy]

Gail

so glad I ordered Poison Pie. I love anything blueberry and thought it sounded good.

thanks for the heads=up on the new lower shipping from HL next year.that's an incentive for me to try.

melting CBV piney forest in the LR

CBV all is calm candle in the kitchen

CBV Twilight candle in the bath

CBV peace candle on the melter in the BR.

have a good eve, all.

Melting NENE'S Sugared Spruce.party-096.gifThis has been going for several hours and smells very authentic. :shock: I love her scents!_love__by_N_Style42.gif

For this evening, we have been enjoying a couple of nice YC scents....Holiday Bayberry and Home for the Holidays...both jar candles. Smells wonderful in here.

Time to break out the serious holiday scenting.

YC Holiday Sage jar and melt going tonight.

YC Mountain Pine jar

Crosscreek - Aspen Winter (I think) melt

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Chocolate Orange Truffle...amazing! I'm also burning YC's Christmas Wish

Aria & Gail~ Soon as I sniffed the cups I thought Poison Pie smelled great! It's a nice mix of scents...not too fruity and not too bakery..

POISON PIE: A killer fragrance to say the least! The aroma of freshly picked blueberries, fresh cut granny smith apples, smothered in butter, cream, and cinnamon, with a background of fresh baked crust. This fragrance is to die for!I had it going for about 5 hours and it was't very strong for me. In fairness, the tart I received was palm wax. I see that Haley's sends both paraffin and palm wax and I have noticed that the palm doesn't throw as much for me. I really love how they pop right out of the warmer though. I'l try one of her paraffin tarts tomorrow and see how that does.

Dabba~ Did you get palm or paraffin?

Just turned on Rocky Mountain Christmas from LOL.... :shock: this one is so strong I think I have to turn it off for a while!!! It is lovely but potent!

tunisian - what did you think about the candle from the vet? I look at those ( and sniff all of them - they think I am wacko) everytime I go in.

I am melting Crosscreek's Pumpkin Nog Latte from a thoughful candlebuddy! [smilie=th_balloons]

:shock:

I really like this one. I got the apple cobbler (or is it pie?)because it didn't have that neutralizer odor eliminator smell to it. I have to say that I burned it through til this afternoon and when I walked in the kitchen, I would smell a crumble type of bakery. not really much apple but it is nice, and I am so surprised at how evenly it burns, no soot, and full melt pool. honestly pleased and a bit surprised. I know I whiffed all of them too. lol

barbita, I love Nene's sugared spruce too. so long lasting and yes, very authentic. wish I had ordered more of it from her. I'm hoarding my last sweet snow pine. :shock:

Sweet&Spiceygrl--Yes I did get a small Lang candle in an apple cinnamon scent--it was in a cute little Santa box and also got a gift certificate to Yankee which I will use tomorrow. Those were the smellies--they also got me a gift certificate to a favorite restaurant and a beautiful pink sweat shirt with snowflakes on it. These gals are special and know just what I like.

For this morning I am starting out with HL Black Raspberry Vanilla. It is smelling great in here.

Cozy Cottage - Floral Christmas melt

Crosscreek - Christmas Splendor melt

along with my current round of jar candles

This is the last school day before Christmas. Santa is going to be busy today.

:shock: [smilie=th_bb20] [smilie=th_balloons]

lovecoffee.gif Good morning...same here Jules....last day of school! Yikes!

Two melters going right now....

Can-Do ~ A Tree for all Seasons

Almost Country ~ Mrs. Claus' Cookies

maggie, Poison Pie sounds pretty good...not scary like I thought... :shock:

Trep, what nice thoughtful friends you have. are you going to hoard your YC certificate until there is a sale? They should be having a $1 tart sale soon, shouldn't they?

wow, nice that the kids have last day of school today. Or is this college? seems like we always went right up until the last minute for every holiday. but then again, I lived in NY and I guess they didn't want us to use up all our snow days, thus the reason trying to get all the days in they could.

starting out the morn with Can do Peppermint bark. aaah.

CBV Twilight candle in the bath

CBV raspberry tomato leaf

have a good Friday, all.

Tunisianswife--I am trying to decide if I want to hold on to the Yankee gift card or treat myself tomorrow when I am at the mall. Since today is my birthday I am thinking maybe a slightly belated BD treat??? It's fun to have the option anyway. I think the big sale is starting the day after Christmas this year--the semi-annual. At least that is what my friends who work at Yankee have said.

tunisian, College?!! Eeeek! Noooo! My boys are in 1st grade and 5th grade!!! They are my pride and joy!!!! Can't even think of them going to college yet!!!!!! :shock:

oops, sorry Aria. I was wondering because of the long break before the actual Christmas holiday. We would go up until Tuesday, if the Christmas fell on a Thursday. I know in college, I would get out a little sooner.

trep, happy Birthday! hmmm, I have the day off after Christmas because I'm working Christmas eve. I may have to see what they have on clearance, etc. if their SAS is the 26th.

Good morning!

I started off with Carol's Chocolate Orange Truffle. I've now moved on to her Apple Flapjacks. I'm also burning YC's Farmer's Market and Christmas Wish.

Trep, you may want to hold on to your certificate and wait a week for the big sale. The prices will be so much better then unless you want a new spring scent. Those wont be on sale.