The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovescentedthings

Silver Bells, Christmas Smells

Aria - your skating rink looks like so much fun, it looks just like the one my neighbors had when I was a kid. Good memories. Do you play hockey w/the boys, too?

Jules - your boys are so creative, I bet the GB houses were works of art! [smilie=th_happy096] And.....I don't blame your youngest one little bit for snatching the candies. I woulda, too. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

This afternoon I melted Nene's Spiked Eggnog [smilie=th_12E9EC16] and have now changed to LOL's White Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding.

:lol:

Hi All-

I have just been so busy lately I haven't had time to melt and post lately. Tonight I am burning Slatkin Fresh Balsam. This is one strong candle.

Aria-That skating rink is incredible! I can't believe that is your backyard without a house in sight. That is nothing like where I live. I really enjoyed that picture. I showed it to DH! How nice that must be for your kids.

I still have lots of shopping to do. I haven't even wrapped one gift. My wrapper comes home Wednesday. I will be picking up DD from school Wednesday morning.

Everyone sounds like they have been melting some good ones lately. If I decide to melt something I will post back later.

Good evening.

Candlelove - The last time I was in BBW, I smelled something Christmas-y. I asked the girl at the cash register what it was and she didn't know. She said that there was probably an oil burning somewhere in the store. Sure enough when I walked at there was a Fresh Balsam candle burning. It smelled sooo good and this store is huge. It's one of their flagship stores so it's a pretty long walk...think 4 or 5 Yankee stores glued together.

Tonight I'm still burning YC's Christmas Wish and Mountain Pine. The Christmas Wish one is a medium jar and is burning nicely with some help from my finger and an Illuma-Lid. The Illuma-Lid gets the wax around the edges warm enough to be pushed down by my fingers so I can preven tunneling.

I'm melting Caro's Winter Plum Jelly (yummy) and will start up another scent when I go downstairs.

Oh Aria...that picture is so BEAUTIFUL!!! I called the kids in to see it. Not only is the picture a beauty and the rink cool....I can not believe that is your backyard! WOW! How lucky you are! I was in Michigan once and I was amazed at all the land and farms. Such a lovely state! We used to skate in the dead ends where the swamp water was...but we'd always trip over the weeds that came thru the ice. hehe.

Melting Sleigh Ride from Country Button Candles and another great find from HOT...I can't remember the name but its Christmasy...I threw away the wrapper.

Have a nice night.

good morning, all.

I too love the smell of Slatkin Balsam. I haven't purchased it but remember when store-whiffing it did smell nice.

started CCCC Santa Baby and SSS vanilla buttercream crunch when I got in a bit ago from work. can still smell the CFTKR coconut milk lavender coming from the BR so will leave it for now.

have a good day all

Last night I melted Raspberry Noel from SSS. It smelled so good but I only got one tealight out of it.

This morning I'm melting Christmas Splendor from Blue Gecko. Someone mentioned this scent last week and it reminded me that I had it in my stash. It is very nice.

Good afternoon:

I am melting YC-Redberry and Cedar. I really like this festive smell. DH says it smells like Vicks vaporub? I think NOT...Also melting a beautiful votive from a CF buddy Country Light-Magi. Thanks so much, you made my week!!! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Hi everybody.

I put on YC - Cafe au Lait this morning, but I've been out running errands all day so far. Just back for a little while and then it's back out in the madness. I can't wait to be home for the evening and light something cozy.

[smilie=th_12E9EC16]

good afternoon, all.

I have a cranberry chutney I bought at the sale back in the summer and have yet to melt it. I will read it here and remember I should melt, then forget.

switched over to GG freak show for now.

Tunisianswife:

DO you like the GG Freak Show? I have one but have not melted it yet. The scent smells very interesting...

Slpit: How is your weather there? Any more snow or yucky ice in the forecast?