The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Star Spangled Scents

:P LIver Brownies? You MUST love your dogs. I won't touch liver... even for my husband who will beg every once and again. [smilie=group_hug]

I have not been melting yet today... just shopping! Anybody seen all the new stuff at Carols? I blew a wad! [smilie=th_107] There is something I like!

Cat, You must be very proud of your loving and generous daughter. Give her a hug from us. [smilie=group_hug]

I'm now melting Haley's Lemongrass Sage before DH gets home. I know that he won't like it. [smilie=th_107]

Barbara :P

I'm curious about the jello and pretzels too. Sounds really refreshing and kid friendly.

The liver brownies are now in an air tight container in the fridge so I turned the melter back on. Can't wait for Sugared Spruce to waft through every nook and cranny! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

It's dog class graduation on Saturday and Sunday. Diplomas for humans and the ever-popular liver brownies for dogs. [smilie=th_12E9EC16] Anybody want the recipe, I'd be glad to share. They're easy to make, healthy, and your hands never need touch the stuff. Although, yes, your kitchen will smell for awhile and I'm not talking pumpkin spice candles! :P

Gail

For the first time in awhile, it is a little overcast and cooler today. The nieghbors brought us over a huge zucchini, so the kids and I decided to make a cake. I thought a White Cake melt from LOL would complement nicely, but it is so weak I can hardly smell it. At least the cake in the oven is doing it's job!

Well, CFTKR Hansel and Gretel's House was not a hit. Changed out to a single tart I got earlier this year from her, Plum Currant Preserves and it's great.

PuppyLove: hmm, I think I will pass on that recipe. Ozzy LOVES Frosty Paws. He gets half of one every night.

Cisley

For those curious about the strawberry jello pretzel salad - it's deeeeelish! Ask Aria to post the recipe. The crushed pretzels make the bottom crust, then there's a layer of a cream cheese/cool whip mixture and then topped w/the strawberry jello w/cut up strawberries in it. Yummmmm! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Cat01 - tell your dd we think she's awesome for cutting her hair for a fabulous cause! [smilie=th_bighug-1] How many inches did she have cut off?

Puppy - your liver brownies sound...ummmmm..... [smilie=th_gagme] well, I'm sure dogs love em! :lol: I never make liver either, yuk! But I had a cat w/CRF and read of a recipe that she might eat. Made the supreme sacrifice of making it :P and she (nor her healthy kids) would even touch a bite of it. [smilie=th_hmph]

Melting AMS's Southern Apple Pie from a CF buddy. It's really good - TY! :P

Hi everyone! Jayde is beaming from ear to ear, reading all of your kind compliments. She thanks you. She ended up getting just over 11 inches cut off. Hard for mom to see her little girl age into a young lady in the space of a few minutes, but it looks very nice. It totally changed her appearance-for sure!

We also saw Gforce(the guinea pig movie) that came out today-in 3D! Cute, but long!

Strawberry pretzel dessert-yummy! One of my very favorite things in the whole wide world-fat free version tastes fabulous as well!

Melting for the evening-

Stormwatch-Can Do

Sun & Sand-Can Do

Dh had them cooking when I got in this evening.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Guest Anonymous

Oh my - that strawberry jello pretzel salad sounds yummy! mmmmmmm

Hi everyone,

Tonight I'm melting EW's -Cactus&Sea Salt, for my DH. I finally figured out he likes the herbal scents. That works for me also. :P

Have a great evening,

Barbara

Tonight's scents:

Melting:

CFTKR: Amaretto Tiramiru, Honey Coco Mango

Burning:

YC: Tropical Fruit, Midsummer Night

Burning YC Lemon Lavender tonight. One of my all-time favorites!!

:P

Also, thanks to all those who wrote nice things when I posted about my insomnia a while back. It wasn't much fun for a while there...the meds have really been helping, but now I need to go off of them so I don't get addicted. Tonight will be the first time I try to fall asleep without them in quite a while. The source of my stress at school is still present but I'm getting used to things and it isn't as bad now. Anyway all, thanks for the support!

cmarie - Good to hear you're beginning to adjust to the stress at school. Hope you get a good night's rest tonight. :P

Earlier today I melted Carol's - Cinnamon Toast. NIce and strong.

Now I am melting LOL - Mango Papaya. Mmmm, very very goood!

Very busy day!

Late night melts are-

Can Do Lessie's Whipped Cream & Honeydew (always a favorite)

Can Do Dad's Cucumbers & Cream ( a new favorite-very nice)

Cat01-You must be proud of your daughter!

I melted SSS Glazed Orange Cake. Very nice strong scent. It was nice but not too long lasting. That's okay though. Would reorder it.

Following the "Christmas in July" theme today......

Yankee candle burning in "clean spruce"

Soy Lovely holiday cheer

Can do bayberry

GHBTsleigh ride [smilie=th_blij31-1]

This morning I'm melting Honey Coco Mango while we get ready for breakfast. After that we're heading out to the petting zoo so no melting for most of the day.

Good Morning!

It looks like a beautiful day!

Starting off the day with-

Can Do Cast Iron Cookies in 2 melters

CHC Gingered Peach

I hope everyone has a great Saturday! [smilie=th_blij31-1]