The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

denim, I am thinking it was you who was asking about Sweet Craving from Crosscreek.....so far, I am loving it....it sorta reminds me of Pink Sugar, but not exactly....it's not super strong, but it is scenting my living room nicely and with the windows open too.

I snuck upstairs and started a tart up there in my electric melter.....CD Raspberry Violets or Violet Raspberries...lol....

bigred, I'd bet that the yummy scents that LLVV is melting are from Carol..... :lol: LLVV...am I right girl?

denim, I am thinking it was you who was asking about Sweet Craving from Crosscreek.....so far, I am loving it....it sorta reminds me of Pink Sugar, but not exactly....it's not super strong, but it is scenting my living room nicely and with the windows open too.

I snuck upstairs and started a tart up there in my electric melter.....CD Raspberry Violets or Violet Raspberries...lol....

bigred, I'd bet that the yummy scents that LLVV is melting are from Carol..... :lol: LLVV...am I right girl?

That was me. thanks!! I have been wanting to try that one.

This Pool Party from GHBT's is wonderful! LOVING IT!

This evening, it's chocolate godiva tini from missy's in the computer room, candied apple from yc in my bedroom, country clothesline from ghbt in the living room, and carrot cake from ams in the ktichen. Everything smells soooo good!

love that godiva tini. It is fabulous, but when I melt it, it is the only one I melt because ti goes through the whole house. THe kids love it too.

I noticed today that Grandma's homebrewed tarts has that scent now :shock:

Tonight I'm melting:

Laudramat, Country clothesline, marigold and mint and citrus spice all from GHBT's. I went to her site today to order more but didn't see the 20 percent off anymore :lol:

Denim... have you ordered her stimulus package deal yet? I have gotten that all three times I have ordered. With shipping it comes out to 18 something for 30 tarts, which I think is pretty awesome. It is hard to argue with 60 cents a tart! I will have to try the Godiva Chocolate Tini as well, but I am really going to try and hold off until next month. How long do you let your tarts from her cure? I have been trying to wait 2 weeks, but it's hard.

:lol:

Been trying to wait two weeks but like you said it is very hard. Thismorning I am melting pool party and I received it in an order from her on 4/13 so its only been 7 days since I got it. It is very strong. I don't see how it could be any better, but I have certainly noticed the longer you wait the better they are. As a matter of fact I dug out a candle that I bought from her about 2 years ago (no kidding) and burned it last night and it was super strong! I have done the stimulus package. That is a great deal. I went ahead and placed another order today. You can't beat her prices on tarts and I have been so satisfied with everything I have gotten from her. [smilie=th_cc15]

I'm pretty disappointed with my HL candle. First of all, I can barely smell it. I lit it last night and saw that there was no way it was going to get a full wax pool before bedtime, so I left it burning all night (with a YC Illuma-Lid). I woke up this morning to a tunneled candle and no throw. Decided to get my blueberry bakery fix anyway, so today it is Can-Do's Blueberry Pie and my YC jar in Blueberry Scone....ah, that's more like it!

I got my YC order yesterday so I had to try out a new scent from it. I'm melting Blue Hydrangea in two melters in the kitchen. It is seriously strong (and wonderful!) - I think I could have gone with just one melter. This will definitely be a reorder for me.

I picked up some Candle-lite tealites yesterday and am fairly pleased with them. They burn much hotter than the bb&b ones but they only last about 3 hours. Still on the search for the perfect tealite...

Hi everyone. I'm finishing up yesterday's Coffee with Santa from EW, an amazing creation. It started with a deelish coffee fragrance, went through a brief phase of spicy warmth, ended with peppermint. How DO they do that, anyway???

[smilie=th_bighug-1]

Gail

Afternoon Everyone!

On this very lovely spring day, I'm burning a Gold Canyon Candle in Gardenia....it's so pretty.

LLVV ,your scents from Carol sound terrific,I may have to place an order soon ,she has added so many new scents lately. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

MsMeghann, you don't mess around, do you? Great start on wedding planning! The cake tasting is the best part.

Jason, [smilie=th_bighug-1] WTH is up with your HL candle? I've had the best experience with those candles. I'm sorry yours was bad. I know how long you waited for it too. That blows! Are you going to email HL? It sounds defective.

This afternoon:

CYS - Rainforest Mist

CYS - Lollipop something

Crosscreek - Coca-Cola

I started Strawberry Jam Cheesecake from Blue Gecko, and I have gotten several compliments on it! It is not as strong as the Forever Alice, but it is still great. I need something good, because I am getting so frustrated with my students today! We are reading To Kill a Mockingbird... which is one of the best books ever written in my opinion, and they are not interested at all, and it's driving me crazy!!! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

I started Strawberry Jam Cheesecake from Blue Gecko, and I have gotten several compliments on it! It is not as strong as the Forever Alice, but it is still great. I need something good, because I am getting so frustrated with my students today! We are reading To Kill a Mockingbird... which is one of the best books ever written in my opinion, and they are not interested at all, and it's driving me crazy!!! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Kids have no appreciation for great literature. My DS (13) just read "Lord of the Flies" for his accelerated English class and didn't like it. I was all excited for he and I to review it together since I read it (along time ago) and loved it, but he wasn't interested. [smilie=th_c61] He did, however, enjoy "The Outsiders". We watched the movie together after he read it. [smilie=th_Drglar]

I started Strawberry Jam Cheesecake from Blue Gecko, and I have gotten several compliments on it! It is not as strong as the Forever Alice, but it is still great. I need something good, because I am getting so frustrated with my students today! We are reading To Kill a Mockingbird... which is one of the best books ever written in my opinion, and they are not interested at all, and it's driving me crazy!!! [smilie=th_c61]
You could make them read a chapter from The Scarlet Letter [smilie=th_Drglar] [smilie=th_bighug-1] After that, your students would be thrilled with To Kill a Mockingbird.

MsMeghann, you don't mess around, do you? Great start on wedding planning! The cake tasting is the best part.

Jason, [smilie=th_bighug-1] WTH is up with your HL candle? I've had the best experience with those candles. I'm sorry yours was bad. I know how long you waited for it too. That blows! Are you going to email HL? It sounds defective.

This afternoon:

CYS - Rainforest Mist

CYS - Lollipop something

Crosscreek - Coca-Cola

I feel funny about emailing them and complaining. Did your candles get a full wax pool? I find that sometims candles have to be broken in with regards to scent throw. I have burned many YC jars (obviously) and at first thought they had no throw, only to find as it burns down it gets stronger to me. Maybe this candle needs some time. I can't figure out why I couldn't get a full wax pool though, as the wax is pretty soft for paraffin.

[

I feel funny about emailing them and complaining. Did your candles get a full wax pool? I find that sometims candles have to be broken in with regards to scent throw. I have burned many YC jars (obviously) and at first thought they had no throw, only to find as it burns down it gets stronger to me. Maybe this candle needs some time. I can't figure out why I couldn't get a full wax pool though, as the wax is pretty soft for paraffin.

I know what you mean about breaking in a candle, especially YC. What size jar did you get? Did your wick keep a strong flame? I've burned the short wide apothecary size and the 8oz mason jar type. Both styles have gotten a full melt pool all the way to the edges and 1/2 in deep.

I don't like to do email either, but you've got nothing to lose if you would otherwise not order again, and you may get a better outcome. I couldn't wait for you to try one, so I'm sorry it's not working out for you. I like HL and raved about them so I'm bummed. [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Nope, got straight to work on the wedding stuff! We knew we were going to have to attend several weekends/nights of classes if we wanted a Catholic wedding so we got the ball rolling right away. The wedding is going to be November 7th...I'm getting excited, got to call the bridesmaids today and let them know they could start the dress fittings!

Anyhoo, I haven't melted anything else today, but I have made some CP triple black soaps in flower shapes...they made my hands smell great from making them...that counts, right?

Aria-I love your bright avatar...I should get some daisies in here, liven up the place a bit!

I don't remember who posted about GHBT Pool Party, but I'm searching through my bag of GHBT melts for that one, it sounds like a great melt for the great weather we're having!

I decided to throw on a few melts this afternoon:

YC Willow Breeze, I love the fabric softener notes to this one...don't really know how else to explain it, but smells like freshly done laundry in the bedroom!

YC Island Guava-Too early to tell with this one, but the cold sniff was more tart than I was expecting...I think I'll like the citrus in it.

GHBT-Pineapple Paprika-great fresh pineapple with a hint of floral/herb to my nose. Excited to see how the throw does on this one.

Hey Bigred - they are from CFTKR (Carol). I buy most of my smellies from her and from Yankee. Between the two, I have enough scents to last a lifetime. After finding CFTKR, I stopped experimenting with various vendors because I got tired of wasting money on stuff that I didn't like. Other than these two places, some other favorites, although places that I haven't shopped at in ages are, Pure Integrity and Candles of Eden. They both make great candles, especially PI (although there were quite a few scents that I didn't care for).

Tonight I'm going to melt Carol's Holiday Cranberry Noel. I doubt that it will agree with the beautiful spring weather that we had this afternoon but I do love this scent. I'll also burn my blue votive for Boogie and Sheryl. I'm sorry for your losses. I try to stay away from the prayer thread because I'm dealing with health anxiety issues (and getting a lot better by not reading about health issues) and can't really read about medical problems right now. I quickly looked over the thread so I didn't get too anxious and wanted to send my condolences to the two of you where I knew you'd see it. Again, I'm very sorry for your losses.

I'm melting:

dandelion pear - GHBT

island kiwi - GHBT

wild flowers - GHBT

rose and ivey - YC

Torrential Rain - Taras

Green Apple - Walmart Green Candle

Today was Electric Lime by Blue Gecko, and my word! I used 1/2 of one cube and it was almost more than we could stand. Melter off after 9 hours - still giving off scent!

Melts today were:

Dark Candles graveyard/coffin

YC citrus spice

YC honeydew melon

YC redberry and cedar...love, love this one

Busy Bee apple pie

Rosa's tangerine grapefruit......love, love this one!

[smilie=damn]